main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

1985 R2D2 Coca-Cola pin ... can any of you tell me about this?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by solojones, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So I'm not a collector, but the other day a friend of mine found this at a garage sale and bought it for me because she knows I'm a SW nerd. It's a little square pin with R2 on it, and his body is a coke can. The back says "1985 Wilson Marketing, the Coca Cola Company".

Anyway, I was just curious about where this came from. Does anyone know if there was some special Coke promo? 85 seemed like kind of an odd year for something like that and I didn't know if it was linked to something I'm not thinking of. Just wanted to know about it so I thought I'd ask you guys.

-sj loves kevin spacey

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I looked in my collecting books real quickly and didn't find anything. A Google search brought up the fact that Wilson Marketing had Coke as a client, so I would imagine it was a promotion of some kind.

3. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    The buttons were given away when you saw the 'cobot' which was an R2D2 inspired Coca Cola Robot. These buttons came from Australia and Canada among other locations.
    There are similar round button examples of your pin here.
    http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_category&category_id=10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.