main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

1997 Sci-Fi Channel SW Trilogy w/ Carrie Fisher

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by None, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    Hello, i'm searching for anyone who might have a recording of the SW Trilogy when it aired on the Sci-Fi channel in 1997(?). Carrie Fisher hosted and what i'm interested in are the little clips where Carrie Fisher had some annecdotes on the films. Anyone remember this?
    none

2. Darth_Neznarf

Darth_Neznarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Yes I remember them. In the mid 90s they used to run the CT on SI-FI Channel every thanksgiving. They did it a few years in a row and from what I remember they had a few different hosts. I remember Carrie and I think Billy D Williams hosted once as well. I had the movies recorded on a VHS from one of the years but when I found and bought a box set of them on VHS I think I recorded over them or tossed the tape. I'll look around to see but I doubt I have them still.

3. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    Thanks for looking. The Billy Dee hosted segments are from the broadcast of the OT/CT (widescreen) before the SE, they were advertised as the 'Last time to see the original trilogy' like the VHS campaign. The Carrie hosted ones might be the first time the Special Editions aired, not sure if they were widescreen or not. Someone who used to have a copy said that at some point Carrie goes into a diatribe about a possible 7,8,9 sounds like a phunnie clip now. Would like to see it.
    none

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I remember Carrie hosting the O-OT on SciFi...I have them on tape.
    Anyway it begins with her as a hologram and then she proceeds to host all three films. She has a few funny moments and discusses how TESB is her favorite film, the background on Blue Harvest, and what it was like being chained to a giant slug.

5. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    This was actually a reairing. I think this actually first aired in 1992. I remember her casting alot of doubt on new star wars movies ever being made saying that if one were produced today (1992) it'd cost over 100 million dollars to make!!! Could you imagine? LOL!

6. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    That Sci-Fi marathon with Fisher aired during the summer of 1993.

--MissPadme

7. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    To jog some memories, here's a quick clip of what the Billy Dee Williams segments looked like:
    http://noneinc.com/FLIMSIPLAST_DATABASE/SWUE-PreservationExample/SWUE-PreservationExample.mpg
    (this is MPEG-1 so it should work for everyone, but if it doesn't there's other encoded versions in the folder)

If you've got the Carrie clips and want to help this preservation effort, please contact. Curious would the TV airings of the SE happen only 4-6 months after appearing in theaters? Could it have been May of 1998?
    thanks
    none

8. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    YES. The VCR tapes I have are from before the Special Editions. These are the ones I grew up watching.

None: Do you want me to ship my tapes to you?

9. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    If you don't have the means to make a digital copy, i'd be glad to do it. pl1x-at-earthlink-net
    Curious were the movies pan & scan?

10. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    Found a specific date: July 17, 1993
    via: http://articles.latimes.com/1993-07-17/entertainment/ca-13956_1_star-wars

jaqen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.