main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

1997 Special Edition window clings from taco bell or theaters?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Clarence, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Clarence

Clarence Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    Hello. I recently met someone who just inherited his fathers movie poster collection and he is trying to sell it to me. It does include about 18 SW posters but sadly the condition is fair at best and none were advance one sheets or anything extremely rare. I am very familiar with the posters but not with everything they have. There is a large box filled with unused window clings from the 1997 release of the special editions. I can’t seem to find any information online about them. I don’t know if they were issued to theaters or not. I do know some window clings were issued to Taco Bell at the time. Does anyone know anything about these? Is there any value to them at all?

Thank you for your time and input.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Like I said over in your other thread, if you can post (or link to) some pics I can try to look them up in my reference books.

3. Clarence

Clarence Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    I didn't see your post on the other thread. I stopped using it because everyone told me I wouldn't get any replies there. I don't have the things in my possession yet but I will ask the guy for a pic. Thanks.

4. Clarence

Clarence Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    [​IMG][/IMG] I don't think the images are uploading properly. I know I am new here but a simple jpeg should upload easily.

5. Clarence

Clarence Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
  6. Clarence

Clarence Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    Hello again. I posted a few links. Can you check them out? Thanks.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sorry - forgot about this. I checked my books and there are 5 shown under Taco Bell in the 'Window Clings' section - Boba Fett, Chewie, Vader, C3PO and R2, and a stormie. Yoda isn't pictured. My most recent book (2005) says $10 US for each.

8. Clarence

Clarence Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    Thank you for the information. I guess its possible that they were sent to theaters but I thought they were from taco bell all along. Oh well. I guess I won't be hitting a homer on them. Great site btw. Being an enormous SW fan literally since 1977 I can't believe I haven't come across this site before. Strange but true. Thanks again.

I will still buy them from the guy but maybe give him 2 bucks each. That or free with the purchase of the one sheets.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Once you buy them if there are duplicates you might try putting one on eBay - see what kind of bids you get.

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Ironically, the Hummer H1 that was the grand prize of that "Feel the Force" Taco Bell contest is now up for auction on eBay. Here's the Rebelscum.com article on it.

All yours for a mere $59,000.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Aww yes get the Hummer that you can no longer get repaired. I remember that contest - I really wanted that Hummer :p