main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

1999 - What would you tell yourself?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SlytherinHouse, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlytherinHouse

SlytherinHouse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2000

This has probably been done before, but here we go.

Last night I was watching ROTS and when the duel between Yoda and Sidious moved into the Senate arena, I got chills for the first time. I thought to myself, "This is the same location we've been seeing for the past two movies...who would have thought during TPM that we would see Jedi vs. Sith, Good vs. Evil finally showing down here." I think if I could somehow go back and tell my TPM-viewing self something, that would be it.

How about you?

Sly

2. That_Jedi_Guy

That_Jedi_Guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2005
    I'd probably tell myself that this movie is alot better when the big picture is finally complete. But yea i liked the scene when they went into the senate chamber. I knew from the previews that they would fight there but i thought it was really cool the way they got there.

3. colivo

colivo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 2004
    It always suprised how many people didn't like the political stuff of the prequels. To me, I always loved the scenes in the senate, because it gave you the whole view of the galaxy. I have my problems with TPM being kiddy and everything, but the politics and the rise of Palpatine was real interesting to watch and evolve over the prequels.

4. Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan

Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    No, I wouldn't have thought that there would be a big Yoda-Palpatine battle in the Senate room. I thought it was pretty cool.

Personally, I think Yoda would have won if Palpy hadn't started using the force to fling the senate chairs at Yoda.

5. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    I think Sidious would of won if Yoda hadn't ran away. [no offense to Yoda]

I kind of thought the scenes where boring. But I thought it was great to see how the political stuff in this sort of galaxy was sorted out.

I thought them fighting in there was sort of...weird. It looked kind of unnatural.

6. Salacious_Spock

Salacious_Spock Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2005
    I wouldn't really tell myself anything. It would spoil it. :p
    I never really beat myself up over the prequels..

7. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    They're not as important to you as the "originals?"

8. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I'd tell myself to join these forums earlier :D

9. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I really liked that scene. Back in 1999 though I never thought that, thats where the battle between good and evil would happen. I also never thought that we would see Yoda or Palpatine fight.

So I guess I would tell myself cool. :)

10. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    I'd tell myself that ROTS fixes just about everything I'm going to take issue with in EpI and II, and did have issues with in IV.

11. Salacious_Spock

Salacious_Spock Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2005
    I'm really drawing a blank..
    I shouldn't of pressed the Edit Message button..

12. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    I would tell myself that Sidious really did equal Palpatine!....?

13. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    uh....what?

14. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    A joke...

15. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    No sorry, I didn't mean that towards you. That was for Salacious_Spock

16. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Before seeing the movie: "Stop making an idiot of yourself. Sidious is Palpatine"
    After seeing the movie: "Don't worry, Jar Jar says less and less each movie."

17. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    How about you?

If we're talking beforehand:

"Don't get too attached to the Zabrak." :p

18. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    How many of you actually thought Palpatine would even use a lightsaber? I know I never did.

19. General_Grievous_x

General_Grievous_x Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    I didn't think he would but sure am gald he did. Makes me want to see him fight in rotj but the way it is now is good too.

20. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    I didn't. I didn't want him to. He never in any of the movies (OT or PT) seemed like the kind of guy who would need to use a lightsaber. He's got scheme after scheme, and when all else fails, Force Lightning. A lightsaber is totally unnecessary for him.

21. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I always liked the political plot of the prequels; I had always been curious as to how Palpy came to power. I never thought he would duel (but then, of course, I had held out hope that he would be the only one to use lightning), especially in the Senate chamber.

Incidentally, exactly how did they fix the place up so quickly for his Empire speech?

22. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I didn't really have a problem with any of the prequels so I guess I wouldn't really tell myself anything. Wouldn't want too ruin any of the movies for my prequel viewing self.

23. Guy DuBlanc

Guy DuBlanc Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2000
    IIRC, Palpatine's "First Galactic Empire" speech took place beforehis duel with Yoda.

I don't think Ian McDiarmid even thought he'd ever use a saber. I remember him saying as much in an SW INSIDER interview sometime around AOTC. But it's really cool he did. Every Jedi/Sith has a saber. Palpatine never needed to use it in ROTJ.

24. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2005
    Like a lot of people out there, there were many things I liked about TPM, but it still felt a little iffy to me and I had no idea how Lucas was going to bridge that movie and the Classic Trilogy. Still, I felt in my heart that Lucas knew exactly what he was doing and that all would be revealed, and all would make sense in the end. And you know what? I was absolutely right!
    If I could go back in time and tell myself anything, I wouldn't give away any spoilers at all. I'd just promise myself that everything would all come together, and that we'd ultimately have a complete and satisfying SW Saga in the end. And you know what? I think I'd totally believe me!:D

25. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    If I told my 9 year old self the ending to the prequel trilogy, I think I would've kicked my 14 year old self's ass. Plus, I had no idea what that building was in PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.