main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

1999 - What would you tell yourself?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SlytherinHouse, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i wouldve told myself to expect the total opposite of the OT, meaning alot of dry technical scenes as opposed to the more fun and mystical nature of the OT

2. NewWorldOrder

NewWorldOrder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    Gotta realize, not many ppl HATED TPM until they went on the internet and were told to by critics/haters.

TPM did have flaws they all did thats SW,but TPM was always a good watch.(before the movie came out alls i cared about was seein a young kenobi)

3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    That would be a great recommendation to my '99 self.

A very valid point. The only thing I did not like right away was Jake Lloyd's portrayal of Anakin, and Jar Jar, those aspects of the film I am still not fond of. For a while I did get into that funk of hating TPM, but then I realized that SW is SW, its all good even when its at its worst. ;)

4. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    I would say have fun and savor the moment, because you will remember this for the rest of your life.

Good Stuff

5. forrestg

forrestg Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2001
    i would tell myself to skip AOTC, the crappiest star wars movie period. i would tell myself to stop being such a big freaking loser posting stupid messages on forum topics and go do something productive. i would also tell myself to save 8 more dollars so i can go see rots one more time in the movie theaters.

6. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I'd point out the neat little things that add up to more later.

"Now, see, you want to pay attention to that, it goes somewhere. Don't get too hung up on that. Oo, now this is interesting!"

Then I'd log onto here and become the biggest insider this site would have seen!
    I mean sure, everyone can give a spoiler report, but who else could give screen shots before the movie's even finished!? :p
    Even LFL would be baffled.

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    "Yes the next two will be as amazing as you think they will be."

8. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    "Don't listen to the haters. The Prequels will overshadow the OT."

9. wcleere

wcleere Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2002
    Me now to Me 1999: Can we trade for a night so I can see Episode I on a big screen one more time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.