19th may?

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by Curlywhirlyjedi, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curlywhirlyjedi Jedi Knight

Ok ppl ,please reply. I need to know whats going on for the premiere. If we dun wanna go for the charity one , then where are we going and whats gonna happen? Please reply so i can roughly confirm what happens before going crazy over my costume. Please reply asap, Thanks!
  2. Jedipin Jedi Padawan

Yeah I also wanna know what's going on on may 19th itself
    I'm definitely not going for charity primere and so I need to know (at the earliest possible time) when the tickets are out and which cinema to watch it at.
    So is it Lido or Cine now?
  3. Rayten Jedi Knight

I'm quite sure that the earliest is at the stroke of midnight entering May 19. I won't watch it then, would be too tired. I'll watch a 10am plus showing.
  4. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    damn it, my schools orientation is on the 19th!!!!! sith spit! oh wise council, wad shud i do??
  5. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sure your orientation isn't a one day thing. Unless very important things are done that day, then there's no harm skipping one day. But that's just me. It depends on how important it is to you.

As for 19th May, there'll definitely be a viewing of ROTS as a FanForce. Probably not at midnight, but surely on 19th itself. Those with costumes will be in costumes, so my advice is if you have costumes that you want to wear, get it ready by May 19th.

:)
  6. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    It is important... But who wud want to miss the first day of school?... thats where u get friends... dilemma... only time will tell...
  7. Jedipin Jedi Padawan

Well I'm definitely gonna catch it at midnite. It's simply TRADITION for me. =)

anyhow I've dedicated the entire may 18th to my very own sw celebration.

Morning - screening of TPM
    Afternoon - Screening of AOTC
    Evening - Screening of Clone Wars
    Late evening - SW Launch Party at Zouk (yet to confirm this event though...)
    Midnight - well, duh

I've lost my marbles eh? But how better to celebrate 28 years of SW magic?!
  8. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    Star Wars Launch Party at Zouk, eh??

hmmm... I seem to have some pretty fond memories of this little event like 3 years back or so...??

Allan Wu interviewed Padme onstage that year, and our guys appeared in Cleo magazine :)

Are they gonna have it again this year?

That would be cool! :)
  9. benTantilles Jedi Knight

star 3
    yazid,

i'd highly recommend not missing your school's orientation. they tend to be a great deal of fun. and they're important, too, since you form important social connections there. (out of curiosity, though, what school is it that you're in that has it's orientation so late in the year?)

so instead of missing it, why don't you attend it and go for a screening that doesn't clash with your orientation? a midnight screening, perhaps? or, if you're afraid you'll be too tired, sometime later on in the day.

I'm looking to go for a midnight screening too, incidentally. I went for the AOTC one, and it was great. I went to Lido a few days ago and asked when's the earliest we could book a ticket for a movie. They responded that tickets were released, at the earliest, only one day in advance before the movie date. however, in the special cases of blockbuster hits like harry potter &, no doubt, star wars, they'd release it about 2-3 weeks in advance, and that they'd announce the ticket release date through the media . So i'm going to be paying close attention to the papers over these next few weeks...

Oh, and who organized the Launch Party at Zouk for AOTC? Was it one of those things that was open to people of all ages, or just members of the >18 crowd? And, most importantly, are they doing it again this may?
  10. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    Hi benTantilles,

I don't recall who organised the launch party at Zouk anymore... but yes, it was only for those who are old enough to enter the place.

I'm not sure if there will be a launch party again this year, things seem to be a lot quieter this time around for ROTS... then again, it may be too soon to say for sure... so **keeping fingers crossed here**!! :)

Cheers,
    JediJean
  11. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    i'm in temasek poly... Dilemma!!
  12. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yazid, since we have no actual confirmation for May 18th and 19th (Line Party and/or usual Costumes Parade cum ROTS Screening), just take half-day off for the May 19th. Either way, you only need to join us earliest 5pm at Orchard so got to leave TP around 4pm. ;)

For those too impatient to wait for proper news, well, how to announce plans where it isn't confirmed as we are trying to tie in with official organizer/s so some things are NOT within our control.

Jean, ya who can forget the CLEO article on us? :p I got some stupid name while Brandon and Derrick's names get onto some body else's photo. Now I wonder if the Darth Maul there is also Reno. :p
  13. JediBoo Jedi Master

star 3
    Your first day in TP?
    Oh trust me, its a waste of time ;)

You'll be seeing your friends in the next three years so many times, that you'll eventually get sick of them.
  14. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    hmm,i'll probably make my run around noon so there wun be any rush. hehehe.
  15. GED_EYE_GUY Jedi Knight

star 1
    Looking forward to watching the May 19th screening. It's not SW unless you're with the fans, that's for sure! It'd be cool if there's some sort of partee like at Zouk. I missed AOTC's.
  16. InCogNiToFan Jedi Padawan

Who is coordinating the tickets purchase on May 19? I am getting a number of tickets myself and want to be at same cinema as you people if possible. It is more fun. Do let me know cinema and time, when you have decided? Thanks.
  17. benTantilles Jedi Knight

star 3
    " You'll be seeing your friends in the next three years so many times, that you'll eventually get sick of them. "

cynic. :p orientation's the best part of pre-u life! enjoy it while it lasts!

still waiting for news on lido's midnight screenings... c'mon, shaw, hurry up!
  18. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    cynic. orientation's the best part of pre-u life! enjoy it while it lasts!
    aiyah, now more dilemma!
  19. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    hey de, danial (hopefully u remember him) wants to join us, is that okay??
  20. JediBoo Jedi Master

star 3
    Orientation is only fun when you are in Business school.
    There's a "legend" among guys...that's where all the chiobus are =P

If you are in Engineering...forget it ;P
  21. Rayten Jedi Knight

My first orientation day in TP, they made a fool out of us. Nearly a third of the people in my course ran away just after a few hours.
  22. Curlywhirlyjedi Jedi Knight

Calling all Clones, Jedis, Siths, Droids, Bounty Hunters & Space Aliens gather for a final showdown!

GV will be having a STAR WARS dress-up party at GV Grand garden at 1800hrs with possible free booze and hamper for best dress from Hasbro and others.

Start spreading the words around!!!

Date: 18th May 2005

Time: 1800hrs

Venue: GV Grand

Ticket Price: $9.50 (Sales of tixs starting May 1st)

*Be in at least a Star Wars Tee for the party!

After the party, embark on an Intergalactic Movie experience @ 1910 or 1930hrs screening!

May the Force be with you...always.
  23. wmgan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would be interested, but I don't have any costumes to dress up in! =(

Moreover, the earliest I can get off work is about 6pm...

Hope they'll still have the 7.30pm shows for people who are not joining the party though! I don't think I can wait for the 19th!!!

Does anyone know if Shaw and Cathay will have advanced ticket sales for ROTS too? So far I've only seen GV advertising it...
  24. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    DE, so what say you??
    Sounds like this GV Grand thing could be lots of fun!
    For me, it would be a rush to make it in time for the party, since the earliest I can leave the office is 5.30pm, but I will see what I can do to get there as early as possible. Don't think I wanna change at work... people will be wondering how come Padme is wandering around the place... and there will just be too much explaining to do!! LOL! :p
  25. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds like fun. I suggest we push the costume parade to the next weekend while we go for this. After all, a big Star Wars event organized by others should not be missed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.