Bing, NY 1st Bingo Zoo

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Saturday may 17th. We have been asked back for 2 this year. The first one we did they had more people of that sunday than they have ever had. I might have a pre arrangement so I might not be able to make the whole day. I am bagpiping at the BU graduation.

We also will need handlers for this event.

Please sign up here as a handler or as costume
  2. celine Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm in for this one as Mara Jade.
  3. arthurweasley Jedi Knight

star 1
    8-} Count Dooku can be.....counted on!
  4. JediMasterWesty Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will be there in jedi probably unless I finally get my mando done
  5. celine Jedi Knight

star 2
    What time is the zoo event? Is it all day, or a few hours?

:D Know if anybody else is planning on attending or just CORE?
  6. JediMasterWesty Jedi Knight

star 1
    if we run it like last time it was like noon to 4-5 kinda thing we did have a nice spot to de-bucket, cool off, and rest away from the public I am sure we would have the same spot again with no problems
  7. celine Jedi Knight

star 2
    does anyone know if charles is bringing the jail? And how we'd work that if he is? i think it'd be awesome if we could somehow pull it off.
  8. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_laugh]
    That would be funny!
    Although - you'd have to call it a cage - not a jail cell. [face_mischief]

~Doc_Bev
  9. celine Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes. it is a cage. People can be held there before they are fed to the Rancor.[face_shhh]
  10. TreborGahKor Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hmm, is this motivation for me to get my Rancor Keeper costume done? LOL!!!!
  11. celine Jedi Knight

star 2
  12. JediMasterWesty Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah come on we need the rancor keeper so u can take my rancor mini around saying "have u seen my pet?"
  13. celine Jedi Knight

star 2
    actually, don't they have empty cages down near where the table was set up? If we've got a digital camera and a printer (that can run on batteries), we could charge to have people take pics in the cage guarded by whichever characters they want. If the cages are usable at any rate. Might save charles the pain of setting stuff up.
  14. JediMasterWesty Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can double check with my friend who works at the zoo and see if theres any empty cages nearby that we could use for that idea. we had power the last time we were there so we would just need a printer and I am sure between all of us we can find a digital camera I have a printer just need to get fresh ink
  15. celine Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, let's see if that's possible. Karate Jedi, what do you think?
  16. JediMasterWesty Jedi Knight

star 1
    my friend told me last night that karen already asked if there was something we could use to lock people up and we are getting the old lions den. now we just need someone to bring a printer and a digital camera and were all set I could probably bring my printer and laptop I just need to get new ink and my wife could probably run all that
  17. celine Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've got a digital camera. I don't know if it's compatible with the printer though? We'll have to see.
  18. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think I might be heading out to Motor City Comic Con (near Detroit, MI) that weekend, but if not we may make the zoo event instead.

~Doc_Bev
  19. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
  20. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    Can I phone in a lock up request?[face_laugh]
  21. celine Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sure, why not? We'll arrest anybody for the right amount of credits!!!! :cool:
  22. JediMasterWesty Jedi Knight

star 1
    now your really starting to get the evil mara down lol
  23. TreborGahKor Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, I'm going to update the information on this event as we have now met with the zoo officials. The event will be taking place from noon till four, but the gates for the zoo open at ten a.m. We plan on trying to be going by ten-thirty or eleven o'clock. We will be doing a "Jail and Bail" for the zoo with all proceeds going to the second oldest zoo in the United States! Good news, we have a Lion's cage for our jail that the zoo officials are going to allow us to use. They will set up tables ahead of time and if we need more, we simply need to let them know. As of right now, we'll have a table set up by the jail for the jail and bail and two by the Education Building just outside the gates (also where our changing rooms will be) as well as one table just inside the park for the R2-D2 Builders club should they decide to join us again. We will have changing rooms in the Education Building in the lower parking lot and we hope this time around to have signs so it's clear where everyone should go that is coming to work the event. The zoo will provide us with some water and said if we would like to bring fans to run in the educational building (in case it's hot), we're more than welcome to. If you have any questions, please direct them to me.
    Also, they are requesting a list of everyone involved this year whether in costume or not. They simply want to make sure that they don't charge any of us for entering the zoo. So, if I could get a list of those attending by Saturday, May 10th, so I may pass it along to the zoo officials. Thanks folks, and I hope to see you there!!
  24. celine Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, obviously me and Allen are going to come in costume. Though if it's too hot out, you may have an unconscious Mara in black leather. No one kick me when they go by! If anyone does, I will shoot you when I wake up. :)
  25. TreborGahKor Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, here's a running list for the Bingo Group:

In Costume:
    Allen Archie
    Austin Crissman
    Bob Crissman
    Danielle Stilloe

Out of Costume:
    Heather Crissman
    Ruth Crissman
    Tara Crissman