main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark 1st Official meeting / need whole states input

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nyborg13, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok where are wrapping the last details of our third meeting so we will soon be an Official Fan Force. So need to have a meeting with as many people that this effects as possible. We need to discuss future meetings (when/what time/day), we need to see about a CR being elected not to mention we need just to get together and meet everyone for the first time. So far only three or four of us at a time have met to get this thing Official so lets dont lose it already. I know this may be a drive for some of you but over the summer at least once amonth we drove 120 miles one way to hang out with the Memphis Fan Force so if any of you where seriuos over the last several months about getting a club in Arknasas this shouldnt be a big problem. I would like to hold it over the Christmas Holiday not all but several of us will be off during this time and it may be easier to do. If its before Christmas itself you can always use the excuss to go shopping in Little Rock haha. Please post here or PM me if would like your schedule of events over the Holiday and I will try to get a date that the most can attend and still get home intime to injoy there holiday.
    For the EMPIRE!
    For the HOGS!

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Sweet puppies!! All righty then! :D Glad to know (*crosses fingers in hoping it did count*) that it was offically our 3rd meeting! [face_dancing]

As for my days off line up.... 23, 24, 25, 26 are my days off (besides the other weekends) in Dec so if you want to hold it either on the weekend or 23rd that would work out for me.

Go Empire? Go Hogs? [face_thinking] I'd have to ponder on that now! :p hehehehehe ;)

3. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Hey Nyborg13. It depends on when not so much what day. I get off work ususally mid afternoon(2-3) unless I have to pull overtime. Count me in for it. Just get the rest of the gang going too!

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I'll be in the Cabot area on the 26th. If you guys had one then, I'd be a hop and skip away. But still, Hot Springs isn't that far anyway.

5. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I will be in AR from about the 20th til mid January.

6. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    I'll be in Arkansas until the 15th, the 16th I'll be back in Texas (and then 17th back in Arkansas for a concert and then back to Texas). I'll be back mid-January, but my schedule doesn't look to good right now. Although I'm pretty much free after exams, so I'll have a week. I was actually thinking of traveling to Little Rock to check out the Museum of Discovery's toy exhibit with Star Wars stuff.

7. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Are you leaving bright and early Saturday morning to go back to TX? I will be in LR on the night of the 17th, but unfortunately I already have plans, so I won't make your concert, Joe.
    --Jacob

8. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Just let me know when you guys decide.

9. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Do we need to PM or email individual members to get their feedback on this?

10. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I dont guess it matters I dont think the rest of them care. there is only a few that post regular.

11. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    So what?s the verdict? Yet me know ASAP when your CR is elected so I make your official status official. ;)

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh is that what's holding up the officializing of it? Hmmm guess we need to brainstorm then.

What say you, Nyborg13? We don't have too many folks to vote on *snrk*. Perhaps we can elect one now and if later on (if another steps forward wanting the position) we can always elect another...or can we? Is there a set length of term?

13. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Is there a set length of term?

That depends completely on what you guys feel is necessary. Some groups have term limits and some don?t.

As soon as the CR gets elected and the actual area is defined I?ll go ahead and make it official.

14. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, it isn't really what is holding us up from being official. It just needs to be decided soon, if not for the simple fact that some official organization needs to start taking place for the release of ROTS and the line party.

As for term limits, I am truly against them. But I believe we should implement a clause after something like 3-6 months that puts the new CR up for review. Nothing major. It just allows an easy way out for someone that has been elected that maybe expected something else out of it. It's not really to eject a CR that has become a problem, but it could allow for that should a major catastrophy happen. ;)

Just my $.02. :D

15. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Kynstar if you are asking if I want the job I think it would be awesome. BUTT I put everything off till the last minute to do and usally start things I never finish. But to get things started and with others depending on me maybe I can keep up.

16. Johnny-Vegas

Johnny-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    Hey, have we decided on a day and time for this yet? Please not a Sunday.

17. Johnny-Vegas

Johnny-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    Soooo...?

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    You planning a meeting, or what?

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Dunno but need to know for sure ;) I have Thurs and Fri off soooo if we can scrounge folks together either one of those days I'm open ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.