Mary 1st Official Meeting of Southern MD Chapter of the MDFF! EVERYONE'S INVITED

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fipe_Naz-mero, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Dear Friends in the Force:
    Finally is happening. We are begining a topic to make our first local chapter meeting. In this topic we will discuss the 5 W's for the meeting.

What: 1st "Official" (or un-official) Meeting of the Southern MD Chapter of the MDFF

When: TBD

Where: Solomon's Island/Prince Frederick/St Charles' Mall

Who: TBD

Why: To give every member located in this chapter a chance to meet for the first time, create a pool of members willing to meet, and work towards the reorganization of the MDFF and bring more people in.

Let the posting begin!

Thanks everyone.
    God Bless.
    May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter
  2. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling

star 2

Whe have three places to choose. I will cast a vote for St Charles Mall as first option and Solomon's Island as second option for the meeting and PF as the third (for now). Please make sure you mention where would you like to meet from those three places.

The dates I will mentioned that I have June 4-5, 18-19 and 25-26 available to meet.

As for the who everyone is invited!!!!

Now is your turn.
  3. jedi_bethy Jedi Youngling

Happy to see you back, I hope your recoup is going well! ^-^

I'm going to put my first vote for St. Charles Mall (Not only because I live here, but because of the movie theater next door... like DivineJedi I don't mind seeing the film again!), my second being Solomons Island, third being PF. Honestly for me, I can get pretty much anywhere so whatever we plan I will show up XD

For the when- Any of the dates that Fipe mentioned, I can work out in some way! :)

This should be fun :D

-JB
  4. BobaKareu Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd put my votes in the exact opposite order as the ones above me. Haha, sorry. I guess it's all about convience for me. But wherever you vote, I'll go.

I dunno if I'm up for the movie again, though. Haha, I've seen it 4 times. I don't want to beat a dead horse with a stick, ya know? Haha, in all honesty I wouldn't mind meeting up and chatting EU stuff or something.

Just my two cents in the mix!
  5. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Cool cool cool. Keep it coming.... So far this is how we are going to rate the points for meeting place:
    First choice 5 points, second 3 and last 1. So using this:
    St Charles: 5 5 1 (Total=11)
    Solomon's: 3 3 3 (Total=9)
    PF: 1 1 5 (Total=7)

Now... don't dispair... remember that we are going to rotate the meetings in the future. If you ask me I would like to suggest middle ground for everybody, but for that I would need to know who lives near Charlotte Hall/Mechanicsville that could find a good meeting place there. Using a map that's the middle ground for everybody, roughly 30 minute drive from Waldorf, PF and Lexington Park/California area.

But come on, vote!

God Bless.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter
  6. jedi_bethy Jedi Youngling

I'm fairly familiar with Mechanicsville/Charlotte Hall, I work with a few girls that live in that area. I'm not sure if any of ya'll have been there but there's a 50's kind of Diner place called Burt's I -think- in Mechanicsville. It's not a bad little place, and the food is good and unexpensive.

Talk to everyone later
    -JB :D

7. BobaKareu Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, now I could do Mechanicsville! My grandparents live there! And yes yes yes, Burt's is an awesome diner. One of my favorite places to eat, because it's cool and because I love watching the Keno games. Haha.
  8. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Yeah's Bert's 50's Dinner.... with awesome cheeseburguers and aweseome fries and delicious shakes..... I want to go there... and THEY HAVE ROOMS AVAILABLE!!! Think they are small, but enough for us. What do you say? Bert's??

:)
  9. DivineJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh jeez.

Gone from the board for like, 24 hours and everyone goes and posts 50 gajillion things! lol.

Hmm, my votes for meeting places would be the same as BK b/c we live like, 7 minutes from each other.

Mechanicsville. Eeek. I'm sure it could work, anyways. ^_^
  10. BobaKareu Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's gonna end up being at Burt's. I can feel it!
  11. jedi_bethy Jedi Youngling

If it's fine with everyone else (I know how you feel DivineJedi- I used to live in the Ranch Club- 10 minutes just to get out of the development :p EVERYTHING is far away.), I would be happy to meet at Burt's.

We could probably still alternate meeting spots around too- I will happily go to PF or Lexington Park or wherever if we decide to meet more south from time to time!

-JB
  12. BobaKareu Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Ranch Club is a death trap... because I got lost there one time. For a good hour. So many roads... to no exits!! *pulls out hair*
  13. jedi_bethy Jedi Youngling

Tell me about it... and I lived all the way in the back, near one of the beaches. It took 2 out of the 3 years I lived there to finally figure my way around! La Plata is SO much simplier.

-JB :)
  14. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I know everyone's feeling. Been there, done that, been back and I don't want to go back. :D It happened to me in the Cheseapeak Ranch States in the Calvert County Area.

As for the meeting spot, this is just the first spot to meet the first time. I think it is fair for the first meeting to give everyone a chance to travel the same distance. Then we select another spot to meet from there. So, Bert's is the place!

Now, we have to select a day. Right now it seems that I will have some conflict on the 14th (Saturday only) but the 15th still a good day. If you want it this coming weekend (4th or 5th June) you have to say so before End Of Business day today... We can meet either Saturday or Sunday. Afternoon/Evening will depend on your decision. My opinion is Saturday afternoon. Maybe around 4:00 or 5:00 PM in Bert's. Right now the 19th would be the next day and the 25-26 the last resort.

Please, feel free to comment!

Regards...
    God Bless!
    May the Force be with you... always
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter
  15. jedi_bethy Jedi Youngling

Sadly, tomorrow I have to work in the afternoon/evening. A big party is being caterted by the place I work at, so I have to be on hand for the second shift. Bah. However- Sunday is very good for me, as is the 19th.

-JB :D
  16. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ok, date has been placed on the 19th... ok nays and ayes for that day. I will say 4:00PM to 5:00PM if that's a good time....
  17. DivineJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Dates, dates, dates. *sigh*

Idk right now. My schedule is so tenative that anything could mess plans up. At the moment, the 18-19th sounds perfectly free. But we'll see... :p
  18. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling

star 2
    For the moment it seems like that's going to be the day, but it could change. But, we will go for the 19th of June.

19. jedi_bethy Jedi Youngling

19th is good here, 4-5 means after work for me (still good)... but I might even be able to swing that day off, seeing it's a Sunday.

-JB :)
  20. BobaKareu Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, that seems fine to me. But I never know with my work schedule. Hopefully it won't be a problem.
  21. DivineJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, now that we have a semi-permanent date set...

...what's everyone bringing? I'm not much of an item collector, so I myself will have to be good enough! I'm more of a movie fan, and that's really where the obsession stays. Never really got into anything else. Although I have my Sith robe that my best friend and I made for the midnite showing in Bowie.
  22. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm very exited about this meeting. Everyone seems to be pulling towards this meeting. Now I forgot something very important... that's Father's Day. I thought it was the day before. So I hope no one get's mad at me if I propose to push it forward until the 25-26 of June. I don't want to put Star Wars before family, remember that family comes first. So what do you say?

DivineJedi, you don't have to impress us. I don't think it is anyones idea to show off about who got the best stuff or not. Though it is nice to share what you have so others might enjoy it with you. But feel free to bring whatever you like. Me myself I'm very interested in completing the BK collection. So far I have around half, and still half to go. And I have to say that is difficult. I'm still looking for the Darth Vader/Anakin figure. Anyone have two that would like to exchange for another? I have at least 5 repeated ones.

I'll be around. Please, comment on the date.
    God Bless.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter
  23. BobaKareu Jedi Knight

star 3
    Lemme bump this up so everyone going can see this.
  24. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Thank you BobaKareu. I was out due to military duty. But I'm back.
    Thanks once again.
  25. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm bumping this up so people could see it and read it. Remember that we made a small change due to the Father's day that is coming up. The meeting will be on the 25th-26th of June. So far I like the idea of Saturday 25th in the afternoon 4:00-5:00PM in the Bert 50's place. And with the heat that is going on right now, a strawberry/cheesecake malted shake sounds awfully good. We could sit outside if it is not too hot to enjoy our beautiful Southern Maryland weather. If it rains we can go inside.

Please respond to ensure that we have some assistance. And remember, that everyone's invited to come. Besides, is a good excuse to eat some good ice cream. (Commercial for Bert 50's not paid :D [face_laugh] ).

Best of regards to all.
    God Bless!
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.