Mary 1st Official Meeting of Southern MD Chapter of the MDFF! EVERYONE'S INVITED

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fipe_Naz-mero, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_bethy Jedi Padawan

I'm back! Internet issues have made things a hassle for me, but it all seems to be fixed.

Next Saturday at that time sounds good for me too. I might be a little late, due to getting out of work, but I will be there- yay :D

Looking forward to see everyone,

JB :)

Hey the weather was FANTASTIC today, I hope it lasts for a little while longer!
  2. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hello Jedi_Bethy:
    I'm happy to hear that. Hopefully we will meet then at that time. Please, spread the word so more people will come. I might arrive at the same time you mention. And to identify myself I will be carrying my lightsaber on my belt.

See you all there...
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
  3. jedivik Jedi Master

star 1
    I'd be interested in coming out to this meeting. Could someone tell me exactly where Bert's is located? If it's not too far from me, I'll try to come.
  4. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dear Friends in the Force:
    Here is where the meeting will take place: Berts 50's Dinner.
    28760 Three Notch RD
    Mechanicsville, MD

Coming from Washigton DC area:
    1- Follow beltway until you find RT-5 south (Waldorf).

2- Follow until you reach intersection to St. Mary's City (RT-5/235 South). There will be a big brown traffic sign telling you that about St. Mary's City (follow Leonardtown RD). Turn left on Mattawoman RD (This will be the next traffic light after the intersection of RT-5 with RT-373).

3- Follow Mattawoman RD until you reach intersection with Leonardtown RD. Turn left at Leonardtown RD (RT-5/235 South).

4- Follow it for about for about 15 miles. Look out for RT-6 intersection (to the right). You WILL NOT turn in this intersection. This is a checkpoint.

5- After a mile from the intersection it will be to your right. You will not miss it. It has a yellow/red hot-rod car in the top of the building.

Coming from Annapolis area (and North Counties) you have two choices:

1- Follow RT-50 until you get to 301, then follow directions like if you where coming from DC since RT-301 merges with RT-5

2- Follow RT-2 South.

Since the first option already have the directions above, I will write the directions for the second option now.

1- Start at RT-2 and follow it to the South. Beware of the only circle in the RT-2. You are suppose to turn to the left.

2- Follow RT-2 South until you reach intersection with RT-4. This is a traffic light and you want to turn to the left to follow RT-4 South.

3- Once in RT-4 going South, after 12-15 miles you will find intersection with RT-231. Turn right on RT-231, this is a traffic light.

4- Follow RT-231 for 12-15 miles until you reach the intersection with Leonardtown RD. This is another traffic light and follow the only lane and turn to the left.

5- Once on Leonardtown RD (RT-5/235) follow it for 5-7 miles and look for RT-6 (left). You WILL NOT turn in this intersection. This is a checkpoint.

6- After a mile from the intersection it will be to your right. You will not miss it. It has a yellow/red hot-rod car in the top of the building.

If you are coming from Virginia:

1- Follow RT-301 North into MD.

2- Once in MD, follow RT-301 North for about 4-5 miles to find RT-234. Turn right at RT-234.

3- Follow RT-234 for 9-10 miles until you reach RT-236 intersection. Turn left at RT-236.

4- Follow RT-236 for 10 miles until you reach RT-5/235. Turn right at RT-5/235 (south).

5- After a mile from the intersection it will be to your right. You will not miss it. It has a yellow/red hot-rod car in the top of the building.

Remember my friends that the miles are approximate. I tried my best to give you the best distances so far, but look for the main chekpoints which are the intersections themselves. Besides, I wrote the address for the dinner on top and you can look for yourself if you like. If anyone from the are would like to check this directions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.
    Regards.
    God Bless.
    May the Force be with you.... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JM
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter
  5. jedi_bethy Jedi Padawan

Just wanted to check if everything is still a go for tomorrow! I'm very excited, and I hope to see everyone there ^-^ If not... well, I'll just have an extra milkshake for you ;)

-JB
  6. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dear Friends in the Force:
    Due to reasons out of my scope, I will be able to attend the meeting but much later than I had in mind. I'm not able to meet the time we agreed of 4-5pm. I might be arriving welll after 6pm. If any of you are still there, I will be honored to meet you. I apologize for this set back in this our first meeting as a group. However, we can keep doing meetings like that later on. Maybe we can discuss if they can be done monthly or every 2 months to make it easier on everybody.

Since the first meeting is already here, I suggest that we start thinking about the next meeting. I suggest that we meet next time at Prince Frederick, thus giving you folks (PF people) a better drive for next meeting.

My regards to all of you.
    God Bless!
    May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JM
    USA NE-REGION
    MDFF
    Southern MD Chapter
  7. jedi_bethy Jedi Padawan

This is a bummer :(

Didn't get out of work until 7:00... and seeing at it's now 7:30 and the car is being used by another family member (of ALL nights), things aren't looking good for be getting up the road anytime soon tonight. ;-; I want to apologize, I was really looking forward to it!

I'll have to try for the next meeting in PF.

-A very sad JB
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.