main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA 1st timer.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by HankReardon, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankReardon

HankReardon Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006

Hi, so how do I introduce myself? I'm happy to be here, though "here" is where I always am no matter what forum I visit (do I spend too much time in front of my puter?)

I'm feeling kind of down lately and it has to do with how little I seem to have made of my life up till now. I mean, I've learned how to do some pretty terrific things but hardly get a chance to use my abilities, which are the ones that make me really happy. Instead, I feel like a slave most of the time just to keep food coming ina and the all neccesary roof over my head. I'm not rying to be a downer to anyone, just expressing the state of mind I am in. Something needs to change. I'm not getting any younger. I'm becoming an aging geek, he he, ho ho, ha ha, they're going to take me away, ha ha!

Okay, so what I decided to do is put together something fun for the kids on Holloween. A kind of Star Wars themed diversion that is part haunted house, but more of a stop off to pick up a treat. I know people probably already have Holloween plans of some kind but I thought it would be fun for the kids to "meet" characters from, if not the movies, then from that universe. Nothing fancy, just a costume party with an interior decorated to make Star Wars fans feel like they are "there" for a few hours and to amuse the kids.

So I guess this is sort of an invitation. I'm even going to provide plenty of drinkables and edibles for the adults who appear. I'll even save something special for Jedi's that have their own lightsabers! A few people who are dedicated Star Wars fans have already confirmed that they will come. And one of them even has a DROID, which I think is way cool. It's not artoo or threpio, but I doubt if the kids will care.

It's only one night a year and I'm sure it will be loads of fun. I'm also having a seperate gathering on the Saturday that preceeds Holloween, which would actually make it two nights.

If you do want to participate, just write me privately and I'll give you all the details. I too will be dressed in "star Wars style" garb.

If you don't already have plans, come and play!

Happy Holloween otherwise!

2. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    First, welcome!
    We already have something planned on the 28th. You are free to join us if you like. :)

Link Here

Good luck with this.

3. Maco_Star

Maco_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    Welcome HankReardon,
    Everyone is welcome at Emerald Squadron.... also check out our social post, Emerald Squadron Starport Pub.

4. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Welcome to the Emerald Squadron! :D In case you haven't guessed we all are on our computers alot here...so you're not alone by any means!

5. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    Welcome!

sounds cool! Hope it goes well!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.