main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2:2 Pulldown plugin?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Riko, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riko

Riko Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2003
    Hello,
    I've recently captured some PS2 game footage, and I realized it was interlaced 2:2 (Not pal, its just that the frames were consecutive AB BC CD DE)
    I can't find any plugins or solutions to deinterlace it in After Effects using 2:2 pulldown.
    I've found various progs that can play it deinterlaced, but it's not very efficent in converting over a hundred clips :p
    Commercial plugins I found were Re:Vision/ReelSmart Fieldskit and Algolith Anti-Alias or somethingtelecine.

If you have any suggestions that would be greatly helpful. Thank you!

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Um.. there's no such thing as 2:2 pulldown (there's only 3:2 pulldown and 2:3:3:2 pulldown, and PAL cameras don't use pulldown, ever.. it's an NTSC thing only, used for converting from 30fps to 24fps).. from your description, what you're describing is everyday, run-of-the-mill interlacing. Pretty much any video editing program can do normal interlacing just fine.

3. Riko

Riko Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2003
    There is, it's just pretty uncommon (I researched :p) dunno if there are other names for it. If you search the Algolith plugins, they state they have it, and if you search around google there will be maybe a few sites. I downloaded a program called "Dscaler" which plays and detects the interlacing, and it was able to playback with a "2:2 pulldown/deinterlaced" which ran at the right resolution.

A-B-C-D > Ab-Bc-Cd-De

I don't want to remove a field or find ways to blend/interpolate them, because it loses quality. I tried "deinterlacing" a few frame shots in photoshop by removing every other line (with the previous interlaced screen a layer under it) and they fit together perfectly in a higher resolution than if I removed a field.

Thanks for you help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.