main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL 2 Area Collecting Questions...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthAstuart, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    gang--

forgive a mostly-off, rarely-on SW collector his insane questions. it's been a long time.

1) has anyone seen the silver clonetrooper at TRUs in the area? i noticed on rebelscum.com that it was spotted in NYC at a TRU. it's an exclusive to TRU, right?

2) the cups from target. are those usually in the toy section, or the cups section? and are those out and about?

again, sorry. and thanks.

matt

2. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Our own Dak Farris has found the collector cups in local Targets. According to him, it's in they have been in the toy section, right next to the screen scenes.

Yes it's exclusive to TRU. No silver trooper spotted by me, but I haven't been in a TRU in a week.

Edit: Stupid words that sound the same but spelled different error

3. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Actually, the Silver Clone Trooper is not due out until April....I know I have the date marked on my calendar at work....
    I will have to try an remember to look at that calendar tomorrow morning and post the date ....

if there is a TRU that has it out...then I would say they are probably in trouble...
    yes...it is a TRU exclusive...and you have to buy $19.95 worth of Hasbro Star Wars stuff in order to get it...

dunno the answer to #2

4. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    rebelscum.com had a report that said someone bought a silver clonetrooper at the TRU in times square for five bucks. so they must be screwed up.

phyllis, if you had the date for when the silver trooper is out, i'd love to have it...i'm gonna try my hardest to collect all the silver figures that are released.

(the silver vader will have to wait until I'm rich!)

i'll have to keep my eyeballs peeled for the glasses at target...damnit, i'm back in a little bit.

matt

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    As far as the silver figures go, it's pretty much different for every store.

Over on the Collecting Forum here on the JC, people said the silver R2-D2s were sold several different ways at different TRUs.

Some were hanging on store shelves and sold for a penny.
    Some were hanging on store shelves and sold for $5.
    Some were kept behind the register and could only be had when you had spent $20 on Star Wars merchandise and the R2 was added in for free. Of course, I just paid for like $20 of stuff, got my free R2, then returned the $20 worth of toys the next day. [face_devil]

So basically, every store kinda does something different.

6. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    the TRU Exclusive Silver Clone Trooper is supposed to be available on April 4th ...and that was according to Starwars.com

7. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    thanks for the date phyllis!

8. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    You can't date Phyllis - you're married!!!!

I'm telling Ginna.

9. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    ...and considering I am old enough to be his mother...and possibly his grandmother...well...that is just wrong...
    8-}

10. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I've decided to start buying the figure/cup sets as well. I found Obi-Wan/A New Hope and Darth Maul/The Phantom Menace at the Target in Hodgkins. Are the others out? I asked a store employee who said they come in an assortment and they're usually replenished in 48 hours, so check back then.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.