Speculation 2 Hours or 3 Hours?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DV75 Force Ghost

star 3
    I would say the same length as ROTJ.
    What was that, 135 mins?
  2. DARTH_BELO Force Ghost

star 4
    I bet it will follow the same 2 hr 15 min standard the other episodes had. Although, with today's movies, it seems the average for this kind of movie is now closer to 2:30. I would be fine with that.

I used to say just go ahead and make a LOTR-style epic movie that's over 3 hours long, but (and this is quite pitiful) I am not as young as I was 12 years ago, when the LOTR movies were coming out (I was in college-I'm 32 now). And especially over the last few years it's become increasingly difficult to sit thru a movie that's longer than 2 hrs 45 minutes-especially if I see it at night! ;) I just saw The Hobbit in 48 frames/second last night (which is awesome by the way). It was a 9:45 showing-and I dozed off twice for a couple minutes during it! 5 or 6 years ago, I would've NEVER done that!

So, I hope it will just be 2:30 or less...I'm sure it will be-it seems the standard for action/sci-fi movies these days.
    Last edited by DARTH_BELO, Jan 3, 2013
  3. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    It should be long enough to effectively tell the story
  4. Palpatine2016 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    2 and a half would be just fine.
  5. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    I hate long movies, especially ones that drag on to the 150 min mark.
  6. KilroyMcFadden Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I agree with the general consensus that the movies were not done very well and needed more time to tell the story properly. It would have been nice to see three movies about Obi and Vader's friendship, how it falls apart, and the struggle between them when Vader begins murdering Jedi during the purge. THAT was the story, not the listless political machinations and ridiculous "heros on both sides" war that could have been accomplished with a few lines of exposition. If that story could have been accomplished with another 45 minutes per movie then I agree. That said, I hope the writers of the reboot concentrate on just the important parts of their story and bring it in at about 2 hours.
    Last edited by KilroyMcFadden, Jan 4, 2013
  7. MrFantastic74 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Dances with Wolves didn't feel like 3 hours, but if I remember correctly, it had an intermission.
    The LOTR movies felt long, I suppose because of the lack of an intermission. Luckily, however, I have the world's largest bladder.
  8. JoeyArnold Jedi Knight

star 3
    5 hours

and this next film can make over five billion dollars... and maybe charge twice as much for tickets since the next film will be five hours long
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.