main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2 Questions

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by -The_Chosen_One-, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -The_Chosen_One-

-The_Chosen_One- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    1-I'm hearing collectors brag about how they found a 12' Sidious with his hood on in the package instead of off. What's the big deal? I just got back from TRU and there were more with hoods on than off! If it's just a way to make collector's feel like they got a good find then so be it, but if I just passed up something huge, how much could those hooded Sidious figures be worth?

2-How rare are the 3.75' Vaders? I just bought one and he was the only one I could find in a whole bin of figures. Plus, he was at the very bottom of the bin...

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    The answer to both questions is: who knows.

The toys have been out for just over a week now so there is still lots to "learn". Figures that had been touted as variations in the begining are now turning out to be the norm and vice versa. The hood up might be more common, it might not. Only time will tell. Most people that are getting them are only getting them to satisfy there own wants without much thought of which is actually more common. It works out pretty nice if you wanted to keep the figure boxed up to have both versions.

Its the same with the Vader. I haven't personaly seen any kind of shortage (they were in short supply on the 2nd but I've seen plenty since then) and considering he is pretty much the key in the marketing I doubt he'll ever be in short supply but since its only been a week who knows.

Edit: And where in the world did they have the figures in a bin? I'm not that big on the perfect card but I think that would upset me a bit.

3. jedisrus

jedisrus Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Listen to Weezer, you should.

4. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    It's like this with every single line that hits. People go insane in the first week, thinking they've got all of the "rare" figs pegged (No pun intended). In actuality, I could give a care. I bought 2 of the 12" Palpatine/Sidious figs, 1 for my collection room here at the house, and 1 for my work desk. Before I opened them (Gasp! :eek: ), 1 had the hood up, the other had the hood down. In my eyes, they're worth much to me, if only because I am a huge Emperor Palpatine mark. As far as monetary value, though, I don't care.

I agree with weezer---Why would Vader be in short supply? He is the lynchpin, as far as marketing goes, to Episode III (And overall, the SW saga). He won't be "rare" anytime soon.

5. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    i haven't seen enough 12" palpatines to comment, but as far as vader goes, there are more than plenty around here. i have not seen any one figure #1-32 more or less plentiful than another so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.