1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Reference 2 Roleplaying forums?

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Dinkus_Mayhem, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Knight

star 3
    At one point there really was a need for such a thing as both forums were active, the SWRPF in particular, now not so much.

The NSWRPF has only a few active threads, the RPF more but it is far from it's peak.

It would seem to that the separation of the forums, and it's patrons, is no longer a benefit to the Roleplaying community. Is there a point at which a merger is considered? It would not be difficult at all to identify what type of game a thread is simply by marking a game with either a (SW) or (NSW) at the end of the title.

What are the potential benefits or drawbacks of such an action?

Ramza Edit: Locked, discussion will take place in the policy thread.
  2. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    This has actually been discussed over in this thread: http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_resource/b10757/29039054/p1/?462

The gist of it is that most people at the time did not want a merger.

The biggest drawback, speaking as a moderator, is that there is no bulk move option. Every single NSWRPF thread ever... by hand? You trying to kill me, Dinkus?:p
  3. spycoder9 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wait a couple of days. . .SotS's big return might bring some life to NSWRPF :)

And I think there has been discussions of this before now. . .wouldn't know exactly where. I find that with separate boards, I feel that if I started a Non Star Wars game in the Star Wars forum, it would quickly be bumped back because of all the others and no one would see it. Also, the separate boards makes it easier to find things :) or maybe that's just me :p
  4. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    While perhaps undesirable, might simply archiving the NSWRPF and placing all future games in the RPF be a possible alternative? A complete merger of contents would be nice, but a merger of function would be the driving intent behind it in the first place, after all.
  5. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Feasible with administrator approval, I suppose, but don't quote me on that. I personally would want a solid community consensus before taking any action.
  6. Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Knight

star 3
    Didn't know we already had a discussion on this, my bad.

When the SWRPG was busier I would agree that NSW games would get bumped down, but really neither forum is busy these days. One only has to scroll down through 10 threads in the SWRPF and about 5 threads in the NSWRPF before running out of active threads.

Even if the two were merged we still wouldn't have a full page of games.

In regards to merging, just merge the active games and archive the rest.

Personally I think the merged traffic would increase activity, but oh well, I guess I missed the discussion. :p
  7. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    We can certainly reopen the debate, just wanted to note precedent.
  8. Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Knight

star 3
    I really hate posting on an iPad, I feel so slow.:(
  9. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/theflash/images/5/50/Flash_001.jpg]
    Problem?

Anyway, I'll be locking this thread and upping the policy thread. I like my debates to be recorded in one place. :p
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.