main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY 2 Star Wars fan film nights on Long Island

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dolt, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Is anyone costuming tonight?

Around what time will this be over? I might make plans afterwards.

2. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    Just a quick (late late late night) note to thank you guys for coming out to the library talk this evening (and Chris for coming out to both of them!). It was great to put some faces with the screennames, and I'm looking forward to watching the Aerosith DVD tomorrow; the sheet of cartoons was cool, too. Sorry that I cut out of there so abruptly; my wife had been looking after our four-month-old all day (usually I relieve her for the nights--which is why I'm awake at 3AM right now...) and I knew that she'd be climbing the walls by the time I got home to RVC 45 minutes away, so I was just getting the hell home. In any case, thanks--glad you enjoyed the movies!
    Clive

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Clive,
    Dont worry about the quick exit. We were on our way out of there looking to find food and drink anyway.
    We had a great time and look forward to the next one.

Do I recall the correct details on the next one.
    Westbury Library Friday July 22, 2005 at 6:30 ?

We had our fan club meeting today and almost all of our membership is interested in coming to the next one.
    Feel free to mention our club name "Docking Bay 516: The Long Island Fan Force" when setting up your events.
    Were willing to help and Im sure we can get some of our neighbor Fan Force clubs to come check out the program. --Billy

4. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    My favorite was Pink Five.
    Ofcourse seeing Troops is always fun.
    Revaltions had great effects.
    What did you guys think? Any favorites? --Billy

5. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Hey Clive. It was nice meeting you. I was the
    one who gave the SW cartoons. I was next to
    Billy on left. Hey Billy I thought Pink 5 was
    good. Troops is always good. I was blown away
    by REVELATIONS. But for laughs I liked STAR
    LEGO. I'd like a Diet Coke to go. LOL! I wish
    TIE-Tanic didnt die on us. Oh well, there is
    always next time. My Favorite Fan Film of all
    time is Star Warp'd. Clive if you want a copy
    of let me know. Billy, I guess the Force pulled
    me to go eat w/ guys after the films. LOL! But ,
    I'm glad I did. BTW, I did get yelled at Sat.
    at work. Billy, Chris came over Sat. Nite. I
    showed him Park Wars & Donny & Marie Osmond show
    singing Star Wars Parody & other stuff.
    Chris said (Osmond Thing)it was worse than the
    Holiday Specail.It's bad. I call it a TIE. LOL!

6. GotMauled

GotMauled Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    the snoopy one was great also. I wonder if there is any way to get a copy of the DVD the guy used??

7. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Yeah that was alot of fun. Remember another one is coming up. I cant remmebr if its June or July 22. Anybody remember/
    Hey Got Mauled, Clive mentioned in his presentation that he cannot give copies of his stuff cause he says he got alot of it directly from the fan film makers and. . .
    Actually he says that cause then everybody would bug him for copies.
    Im sure they are downloadable somewhere. --Billy

8. Dolt

Sep 24, 2004
    Ha! Well, yeah, people would bug me for copies but that in itself isn't that big a deal. Seriously, I had to do a lot of handholding with people to convince them to let me show their flicks. Remember, I'm a complete stranger to a lot of them, and for all they know, I was just looking to get good copies to bootleg and sell at conventions. And then there's the Pink Five movies--because Trey won the Atomfilms contest, Lucasfilm now owns the rights to his flicks for the next 8 years. I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get permission--and copies of the films.

That said, a lot of the films are downloadable right here at Theforce.net/fanfilms; if any of you kept the handout, it has URLs for most of the films on the back. If you need the URLs all over again, PM me your email address and I'll send you a .pdf file of the handout.

For Revelations, you can download the entire DVD I showed (and the second DVD which is a 90-minute behind the scenes disc) for free from their website via Bit Torrent (it took about 3 days to download both, and that's with a cable modem). They also have it there as a quicktime and a WMV file, too.

In hopes of keeping my program interesting for you guys, I'm digging out more good films from my stash of SW stuff, plus I'm contacting some other filmmakers out there. I'll still be showing a lot of the essentials (for instance, I can't do the program without Hardware Wars, even if it is a clip), but I'll try to switch it up a bit so that you have something new to see. If a lot of you turn out, maybe I'll even make you sit through the one *I* made a few years ago (which is a fate worse than death, or so I'm told). ;-)

Oh, and yeah, the program is on Friday, July 22 at the Westbury Public Library. Thanks again for turning out--maybe I didn't get a huge audience, but when the people who are there are into it, that's all that really matters. I once did a book talk for my book that came out last year where a little old lady interrupted me after 20 minutes to say my program was too long (why she was at a talk about rock concerts is beyond me, but whatever). You guys dug the films, so that was great.

9. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Thanks. Im already looking forward to the next one. --Billy

10. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey clive ya gotta get Grocery Store Wars

http://www.storewars.org/flash/index.html

11. GotMauled

GotMauled Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    How can we all be reminded of the July 22 event. I know for a fact that i wont remeber???

12. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    I think dana could put it on the yahoo reminders list. Are you signed up on that list? Do you get reminder e-mails of events?
    I'll remind you anyway when the time comes. --Billy

13. Dolt

Sep 24, 2004
    Hi-
    I tried to post a few days ago on this topic but I guess it never made it out of my computer. Go figure.

Anyway, to cover a few things quick:
    --Yep, I saw Grocery Store Wars a few weeks ago and am trying to get a copy from the filmmakers. We'll see how it goes.
    --In the meantime, I'm digging out a few other good fan films that I didn't show last time so that you'll still be surprised.
    --How about that Ep. III, huh?
    --and finally, has anyone else gotten the excellent fan-made documentary Deleted Magic? If you haven't, you should search the web for it--it's like watching a "Making of" special and ANH at the same time. Really great, great stuff.

14. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Good we'll look forward to seeing some new stuff at the next viewing. --Billy

15. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Hey Clive , You might want to stop by The
    movie theater (farmingdale Staduim 10.
    Its on 110 by Southern state pwy) on Sat.
    May 28. Since DB516 will be there in costume
    most of the day. You could promote the next
    fan film night at the Westbury Library on
    July 22. I think it would be perfect since
    Farmingdale isnt far from Westbury.

16. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Clive you can just drop in to say hello. Your gonna have a big turnout from us at the July 22 screening.
    In fact I suggest we make it a big night out. Maybe we'll do a club dinner afterwards.
    The screening starts at 6:30 in Westbury. --Billy

17. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Bump!

Information about the next Star Wars Night on LI can be found on the Fanfilm thread!

18. Dolt

Sep 24, 2004
    For those who don't want to go to the other thread, here's the directions for Westbury Public Library on July 22. Sounds like a batch of folks are going out for a bite to eat afterwards, so if you don't mind, I'd like to join you since I know I can't make the regular meeting on the 12th.

Westbury Public Library--if you go to http://www.westburylibrary.org/iwevents.htm, it has a program listing for the event waaaaay down towards the bottom.

DIRECTIONS From Northern State Parkway:
    Take Exit 32 south, onto Post Avenue. Turn left at the traffic light (the first light immediately after the Parkway ramps) at the corner of Rockland Street and Post Avenue. Proceed two blocks on Rockland to School Street. Turn right onto School Street. Turn left at the next corner onto Jefferson Street. Use the parking lot for easy access to the Children's Library, the Historical Society Cottage, and the Adults' Library.

DIRECTIONS From Old Country Road:
    Turn north, onto Post Avenue. Proceed through the Village. Just before the Northern State Parkway turn right at the traffic light at the corner of Rockland Street and Post Avenue. Proceed two blocks on Rockland to School Street. Turn right onto School Street. Turn left at the next corner onto Jefferson Street. Use the parking lot for easy access to the Children's Library, the Historical Society Cottage, and the Adults' Library.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.