main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2 TV Show's CONFIRMED By George Lucas Himself

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by MovieTrailerMusic, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    According to a bunch of people in the 3SA George Lucas himself CONFIRMED ON TV during the Access Hollywood's Summer Blockbuster Special that there WILL INDEED be

2 TV Show's

2. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Yeah, but according to a bunch of people in the 3SA, dogs can't look up ;)

Joking aside, this was the deal anyways, you got non-(3)-spoiler linkage for this? I suspect there'll be summat at C3 anyhows. :)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    It is true, I just posted it in another thread. On Access Hollywood they interviewed him. He said that RoTS is the last movie, but there are going to be a tv series, TWO in fact.

So if you can watch the Access Hollywood Summer Preview, he says it on that,

4. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    Just check the 3SA people here & on another board saw the program so I imagine this is NO lie & on a bigger note

Revenge Of The Sith made #1 as top summer 2005 movie

& I am sure also that at C3 we will FINALLY find out just WHAT the shows will be about although

In the FINAL CHAPTER of the making of episode 3 book it says the one show will be a cartoon show & will just be MORE clone wars but as real 30 min shows no word yet on the other one

I for one hope that IF the second show IS live action it is set after Return Of The Jedi & with Luke Skywalker making cameo appearences nothing will be greater then that

Although I would NOT mind a show taking place BEFORE The Phantom Menace

5. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Aah, so this belongs in here then ;)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    Um this is CONFIRMATION

NOT guessing what a show will be about

2 different things

7. Nal_Hutta

Nal_Hutta Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2005
    I would like 1 show to be animated but Im not sure how they would handle live action....depends who wrote the story and did special effects and that sort of stuff. I would love the animated show to continue events in the clone wars or maybe after ROTJ. that would be cool...eg luke starting the jedi academy or the Vong Invasion or something like that.

8. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    Nal_Hutta the ANIMATED show is continuing the clone wars thats confirmed

9. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    Wouldn't it be great if the series was based around KOTOR?

10. Nal_Hutta

Jan 16, 2005
    I havnt actually watched the show...did Lucas confirm that the animated show would be Clone Wars continued? Or was it confimed somewhere else? doesnt matter because im getting more clone wars! yay!

11. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Where was that confirmed? :confused:

Nothing I've read about the Access Hollywood segment has Lucas mentioning Clone Wars.

12. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    YodaJeff its in the FINAL CHAPTER of the making of episode 3 thats downloadable for HS members

13. Nal_Hutta

Jan 16, 2005
    Im getting confused now...has Lucas confirmed on TV that there will be 2 new TV shows, one of them being a coninuation of clone wars cartoon series?

14. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    I just watched webdoc 16, and didn't hear anything about the Clone Wars cartoon.

15. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    Web Doc 16 wth ? READ WHAT I AM SAYING CAREFULLY

its in the FINAL CHAPTER of the making of episode 3 thats downloadable for HS members

16. Nal_Hutta

Jan 16, 2005
    Hey MTM what does the article/video/whatever actually say?

17. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Um, that is the last "Making of Episode 3" documentary, which is available for Hyperspace members.

I also looked at the Hyperspace previews of the Making of Episode 3 book, and there was nothing there about Clone Wars either.

So, I obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Do you have some sort of link, or a better explanation? There appear to be multiple "Making of Episode 3"s out there, and I haven't come across the right one yet.

18. MovieTrailerMusic

Feb 17, 2004
    Um Hyperspace has online the FINAL CHAPTER of

THE MAKING OF STAR WARS EPISODE 3

look around its there I've read it

19. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Yes, and I clearly stated that I looked for it in all the probable places, and didn't see it mentioned. I found a few excerpts of a couple pages from the book, but none mentioned Clone Wars.

I also find it extremely hard to believe that the book (which is available on in stores now) would have mentioned something like that, and nobody would have seen it before. I simply want to find and double check that information. I have a feeling you misinterpreted it.

20. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    there is a refernce to an animated TV series in the final chapter (ebook avaliable on the OS and bundled with the episode III screenplay)...somewhere towards the end.

it doesn't specifically state that its the clone wars but thst what i took it be

george says something like "were going to be doing it in 20 (or 30) minute installments"

and i thought...well...if they put adds in they could stretch the time

21. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Can someone please get me a link to this? I've searched everywhere I can think of on Hyperspace, and can't seem to find it.

22. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    yep sure...i'll just find it

here it is

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/publishing/news20050401.html

my mistake it wasnt hyperspace

23. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Awesome, thanks. :)

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2005
    [...]
    Later, Lucas talks to Oz about future projects.
    [...]
    ?We have this other little thing we?re doing,? Lucas continues, ?this Clone Wars cartoon on
    TV. It?s so successful, we?re going to put it out as half-hour shows, and all the main characters
    are in it.?

I think it's possible that he was referring to Season 3 of Clone Wars, since the quote is almost two months before they were released.

24. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    yeh thats what i was thinking

25. CommanderSkywalker83

CommanderSkywalker83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005

It can't be more Clone Wars... the last episode ended right where EP3 begins.

I think George meant more CloneWars-like animation.

The Clone Wars cartoons are over. Like George says, "We can't go back, there's only forward!"

P.S. Although... going back to do the PT is, in fact, contradictory to his own quote. ...But it could also be considered as going forward, from a certain point of view.

Luke: "A certain point of view?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.