main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2 TV Show's CONFIRMED By George Lucas Himself

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by MovieTrailerMusic, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MooMoney

MooMoney Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
  2. MooMoney

MooMoney Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    So they are continuing the Clone Wars series?! It was a successful series for an animated show so I can see why Lucas would want to continue it.

Althought I was hoping to see a different animated series based on a different story and new characters
    :(

Maybe, if this 30 minute Clone Wars series is a success Lucas will delight us with more animated Star Wars series...

3. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    THERE CANNOT BE ANYMORE CLONE WARS! I'm 95% sure it will be a rebellion against the empire or Vader killing jedi.

4. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I hope that's rather backwards. I want to see the Dark Times treated in live action; it's too interesting an era to waste on over-the-top animation.

-Paul

5. -Commander_Cody-

-Commander_Cody- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2005
    that's cool. I hope they cover the Jedi Purge.

6. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I think the live action show is set between ROTS and ANH.

7. MYALBUMwillbeOUTSOON

MYALBUMwillbeOUTSOON Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    You guys bring up some really good ideas, but peep this:

I don't think you would be able to do a series that would include Luke,Leia,Han etc. Basically most of the main characters from the O.T.

Well let me take that back. With the exception of Harrison Ford, No one else (principally Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher) is a major star these days. So you could possibly see something in the realm of 20 or so years after ROTJ.

I however think that we could more likely see one of a few time-periods.

1) A KOTOR, Sith Wars type series, set a millenia or so before TPM.

2) A series set in the years in between ROTS and ANH.
    We could follow the exploits of a whole new set of characters, with time-to time glimpses of characters we already know. We could follow a young Luke, or Leia, or Wedge. We could follow the adventures of a young Han Solo. We could see how he and Chewie first met (a lot of us know already but still). We could also possibly follow a young Bobba Fett. Hmmmmm.

3) A story set well into the future that might include some of the descendents of our favorite characters. Kind of like TNJO but a little further into the future. We could also deal with brand new characters set in this time period.

The possibilities are endless, I just don't think that Luke, Leia, Han, or Chewie will be a large part of them.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They could still do a Han, Luke or Leia story by just recasting the characters- so long as they looked and sounded close enough to the original and could act well, I don't think the audience would really care (the audience isn't stupid, they'd be able to understand why it's impossible to have Mark play a young Luke, etc) and you might even end up with some great actors like what happened when they casted Ewan as Kenobi.

So long as they stay true to the characters, the audiene would accept them eventually- and it wouldn't be the first time in the EU their appearance would be slighty different than the ones in the films.

9. UberP

UberP Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    IDK if live action is a good idea.

but what do i know.... i though III would not be another ________ of the ________ movie

10. Ithrazul

Ithrazul Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Can someone confirm for me the director and Publisher?

11. Outremer2084

Outremer2084 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2005
    One of my mates just told me something interesting, can't back it up though cos I haven't seen it myself.

Apparenly, on a forum somewhere is a leaked spy report which says that Episodes VII, VIII, and IX are a go, and all this talk of TV shows is merely a smoke screen for it's development and production. Using this as a premise, any leaked pictures or info will be attributed to the TV series, which most of the general public won't be interested in, and production will continue unhindered.
    Apparently, the report also claims that everyone involved with Episode III had to sign a non-disclosure agreement in reference to any Sequal trilogy info, including its existence.

This info needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, but it does fit in with the reports we already have regarding Peter Mayhews contract stipulating his involvement in the sequal trilogy, and the fact that ILM employees had to sign a non-disclosure agreement about the sequel trilogy.

Could be authentic, could be BS, just have to wait and see if anything authentic pops up. But then, in the words of another famous insider, policy is to, "Deny Everything".

Everyone stay vigilant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.