main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2 Week Warning Drill

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by DarthJurist, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Ahoy, Lincoln, NE: Unless there is a dramatic uptick in posting in this forum, within two weeks it will be moved to the 'inactive' category.

~H~

2. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, sad. But expected.

*Chirp chirp*

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    you might want to send the chapter rep a PM. I don't think he checks the forum very often (or he would have posted by now since he logged in last night).

If Lincoln is placed in the inactive forum, then the Fan Force chapter will have to start all over again (I think?) and I don't want that to happen. It was fairly easy to get those three meetings three years ago when the other members were only in high school, but now with them in college, its not easy to get people to be active.

4. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I've seen it, I've just been thinking about how to respond. :p

Liz, are you interested in keeping the group together? I was pm'ed by Jedi_Dajuan about a week ago regarding this and she gave me some tips to get the group more active. I've been kinda busy so I haven't had time to do anything yet, but if people are interested, we should definitely keep the group going.

5. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I know for a fact that John is a)way busy and b)checks this often enough to realize that no one apparently wants to put any effort into it.

It would be great to have an active Fan Force. I wish that could happen. But in the... what, three? four years? that we've been "official" there hasn't seemed to be much interest at all. Too bad. Until there is I don't see any reason to force it with two or three of us getting together every now and then to sit around for half an hour and talk about nothing much in particular. We haven't been able to figure out anything better to do yet, and unless there's a lot of new interest/ideas, I don't know what else we can do. Oh well. Sorry.

6. Obi-Wan_Kenobi_1138

Obi-Wan_Kenobi_1138 Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    This is my first post to this forum. I logged on optimistic that I would find some Star Wars fans here in Lincoln but was very disappointed to see the 2 Week Warning topic.

I am faily new to Lincoln moving here from Norfolk, NE. When I lived in Norfolk, I would drive to the Omaha Fan Force movie nights, which were fun. We'd go to a movie and then get some food afterwards and just chat.

There are some good movies due out soon like KING KONG, HARRY POTTER, and the THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE. Would anyone be interested in keeping the club going by having a movie night and getting some food afterwards?

7. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    great suggestion, obiwankenobi, but there's one little problem (which I think could be solved easily)

We'd be restricted to the Downtown area - and I am unfamiliar with the restaurants downtown. A movie night w/o food would work better for me. Or a saturday matinee. But that's just me. And I prefer matinee prices because its $2 cheaper.

Take a look at the choices in the poll I started and if you like movie night idea, vote for going to movie choice.

8. Obi-Wan_Kenobi_1138

May 30, 2005
    J. Liz:

I voted in your forum. Unfortunately, I was only the second person. I'm cool with a matinee downtown.

Anyone else interested?

9. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I'm a bad CR and I haven't had time to respond to this recently. This week has been really bad for me but it's over with now. :)

I'd be up for seeing a matinee. Liz, would you be interested?

10. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I think the date will have to depend on a few more factors - we should probably not have it on a home football saturday because downtown will be overwhelmingly busy. To warn you ahead of time - I also don't see horror movies or Rated R movies. I am not sure if we'd agree on what movie to see - that's one problem.

I'd probably see Lion Witch and the Wardrobe, which I plan to see opening day anyway.

I'll be out of town November 11th and 12th, and busy on the 13th so I can't do it then......

11. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I'd be ok with seeing The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (if most people want to see it again, that is. :p ) And I have to agree, this should be a movie that everyone would be interested in, and we should restrict, uh, restricted movies. :D

12. Obi-Wan_Kenobi_1138

May 30, 2005
    I am interested in seeing THE LION, THE WITCH, and THE WARDROBE and meeting some Lincoln Star Wars fans.

13. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    When is it released? Cause we should totally see it together. :)

14. Obi-Wan_Kenobi_1138

May 30, 2005
    The movie open December 9. I'd like to go and see it with some Lincoln Star Wars fans.

15. Obi-Wan_Kenobi_1138

May 30, 2005
    I see it has at least one Star Wars connection; Liam Neeson (Qui-Gon Jinn) is the voice of the lion Aslan.

-OWK 1138

16. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    If they shut you down, you can always come hang out with us. We have our own boards so no-one can shut them down.

www.omaha-fanforce.com

We meet the first Sunday every month and movie night is the following Weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.