main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 200 Proposals [L/M] - Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ginchy, Dec 9, 2012.

1. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    You do such a great Luke and Mara! I love it! Can't wait for more.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    A very Mara reaction... though I'm a little surprised that paparatzo got away unscathed. ;)

I loved when she felt the baby move... I can't say I've ever felt that, but I'm sure it's amazing.

Loved it! =D=

Just FYI, since I saw you forgot to tag people... tagging still works if you edit them into a post.

3. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Too many great moments to list, but I love the continued progression of their relationship. They got some good air cleared here, with Mara's meltdown and Luke's calm-but-pointed statements about his feelings on things. I'm always happy to see him stand up for himself, even if it means he has to walk away to make Mara realize her errors. And of course I'm always happy to see them come back together, even if they still have some issues to work out. Looking forward to more, of course! :)

4. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Hehe, I wonder what that says about the relationship between Luke and Mara... :p

Wonder what's going on behind the Photog - interesting to have a tiny mystery in addition to the main story!

I think we look forward to Mara freaking out too much... :D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Catsmeow

Catsmeow Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Aww... :) Fluff! I love this story so glad I came across this! Please update soon! [face_praying]

6. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    I caught this and couldn't resist it...
    Brilliant writing!:D
    I'm loving the Mara/Luke relationship you're showing.. sweet, romantic, fresh and exciting.;) Liking it sooooo much!

[face_laugh] This made me laugh!
    Plz can I be tagged?
    Looking forward to more.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My kids have the next two days off from school as snow days....I NEED AN UPDATE! :p[face_praying]

Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  8. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    Thank you so much for this lovely update! It made this cold and miserable day much better. I just wish I had my own personal Luke to keep me warm. ;)

Love that Luke stood up to Mara. She needs to get used to the idea that they are three now and that she's not the only one who has to adjust and accept the changes. She learned to love Luke, they'll get through the rest together. :)

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    QUICK POLL:

Chapter 6 is made up of a bunch of proposals. I suddenly got an idea for a new proposal the other day and am in the process of writing it. (However, it's not going well and I might just toss the idea but am giving it the old college try.) So, I have been thinking of breaking the chapter up anyway, and since this is taking me so long... would you guys like 4 short proposals (one of which is a 'shine...) or would you rather wait for me to finish 6 completely? If you want the 4 I can post them tomorrow.

10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I like the idea of 4 short proposals :D and I'm not saying that because I want shine... okay maybe I am.

11. Blackfish

Blackfish Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2012
    Hi ginchy. Finally wandered over here again at last and looked you up first! Do tag me for this story!! And I want 4 proposals! IwantIwantIwant!!!!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, 4 please [face_batting] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] It's been toooo long [face_laugh] [:D] !!!

Demendora likes this.
  13. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    I want 4 proposals..and shine! Please!:):p[face_love]

14. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Jedi_Lover: I loved SQ. They were snuggled in bed there at the end of that. I even ‘shined’ it. LOLOL!! Thanks, gal!!

Daenabenjen42: LOL, every man must learn that lesson the hard way. And I adore baby!bonding. Thanks!!

Briannakin: Thank you!! I am quite a mush fan myself. ;)

Hazel: Thank you!! I really like to try to make the conversations sound ‘real’.

Demendora: I love that. “Bite their elbow”. That’s perfect!! Thank you!!

Jade_eyes: I love that, too. He is very necessary to her! [face_love] And awww, thank you!!

JediMara77: hahahaahaa, sorry gal. (Not sorry!! ;) ) Thanks!!

Bkwrm752003: I’m glad you caught that. No matter how happy you are with any change there’s always something you’re leaving behind and that’s not always easy. Especially for Mara who grew to depend on Karrde’s organization after having had so much disorganization in her life. Thank you so much!!

JainaSoloYJK: I tell you, I wouldn’t mind the Jedi Master for a boyfriend. [face_mischief] (Just don’t tell Mr. Ginchy!! ;) ) And thank you so much!! I’m so glad you enjoyed.

Luna_Nightshade: Thank you! They had to deal with it or it would always be there. I’m so glad you enjoyed the ending!!

Lukemaraben: Thank you so much!!

Mavjade: Thanks for the tagging info! I can’t get used to it. LOL And yes, Mara is mellowing out in her old age! Hahahahaa ;) The first time I felt my daughter move in the womb was beyond amazing. It made her so real, and I think Mara needed that confirmation. Thank you!!

Taramidala: Hey, gal!! I love Luke standing up for himself, too. He’s no doormat. Thanks so much, lady!!

Valiowk: LOL, a freaked out Mara is so funny. I loved in the beginning when she freaked out over fetal cheekbones. She cracks me up. Thanks!!

Catsmeow: I love your userpic!!! And I love romance so I’m glad you’re enjoying the fluff, too. Thanks!!

Mayo_durron_666: I’m glad it’s fresh and exciting. I was worried a bit because I’ve written so much romance. And I will definitely tag you. Thanks!! (Good to see you back!!)

Jedi_Lover: You just want a shine!! :p (So do I!! LOL)

Immertreu: Don’t I wish for my own personal Lukie, too. I’d make him a happy man. …. Ahem. ;) I’m glad to help warm up the cold day! And you’re so right. She learned to let love into her heart, now she has to accept the rest. Thank you!!

Briannakin: See, I knew you guys couldn’t resist the ‘shine. [face_mischief]

Blackfish: Hi!! Thank you for looking me up!! I will give!give!give! ;) And I will tag. :D

Jade_eyes: Sorry about that!!

Demendora: I knew the ‘shine would do it. Heh. ;)

Tag List Part 1: @mavjade Demendora DaenaBenjen42 JainaSoloYJK Blackfish mayo_durron_666

15. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    TAG LIST PART 2: immertreu Hazel Briannakin lukemaraben bkwrm752003 Valiowk Luna_Nightshade

a/n: Okay, so if the days are a bit off, please excuse me. I messed up in my original writing and was off by several days on many proposals (as Luke is not proposing every single day...Mara would kill him for sure, then! ;) ). I tried to go back through and fix the dates but if one is wrong...well, numbers are my nemesis in life. ;) I hope you enjoy these four proposals!! Proposal 140 has a 'shine that is rated NC-17. It will be on the Luke and Mara LJ comm. If any of you need a link, let me know. It has safeguards so that you must be over 18 to access. Thanks!!

CHAPTER 6

The 125th:
    Day 132

You may notice that you’re feeling a little more emotionally stable and experiencing fewer mood swings…

Mara grimaced and stretched her neck. She laced her fingers and pushed her arms out in front of her to stretch them, too. But even with the crick in her neck and the slight ache in her fingers, she was feeling uncommonly good. Sitting in front of the holostation for a couple of hours wasn’t always her favorite activity, but it was nice to be working, to do something that made her feel so much like herself.

That was the nice thing about the last few weeks, she mused, standing from the chair to stretch her back muscles. Leia had told her that once she passed the first trimester that she would start to feel more like herself again. That she would once again have energy and drive to do something more than sulk or throw up. And it was true. She once more felt like the Mara Jade of old, just with a new accessory. She gave a rueful half smile in the direction of her stomach. An ever expanding accessory.

The news was now out to the galaxy. True to his word the spineless Dug had sold his information, apparently gained from an ‘inside source’ at the laboratory that ran tests for her obstetrician. The lab was fired by the ob’s office, but the damage was done. The holopress had gone berserk, leaving Mara and Luke stuck in the apartment rather than to venture out into the mobs of reporters. They hadn’t released a statement, and as far as Mara was concerned they could all jump off the nearest skyhook. She stayed away from watching any of the trash, and was happier for it. As for the Dug, he was lucky that she was so confined. But she almost thought the paparazzo had more to fear from Luke. An angry father made for an intimidating man.

Letting out a puff of frustrated air, she made the fringe of hair on her forehead fly up. “Time for a snack.”

In the kitchen she pulled out a box of chocolate wafers, her current food obsession. Luke liked them, too, but often got his hands slapped away if he tried to steal a handful. Leaning back against the counter, she ate, mind on nothing in particular other than taking more food from the box when her hand was empty.

A beep signaled Artoo Detoo rolling over the threshold of the kitchen. “Hey, Shortstuff.” When Luke had first started staying at her apartment, Artoo hadn’t come with him. It seemed too…permanent to have his droid there. But now Artoo was as much a fixture as Luke, and seemed to know the ins and outs of the apartment computer better than she did.

The droid beeped again, and Mara stooped just slightly to read the datapad attached to his dome. “Luke should be home later tonight.”

Artoo warbled again. Mara shook her head. “No, I don’t know why he didn’t take you with him.” She had wondered about that herself when Luke had left the apartment. Usually Artoo followed behind his master like a very loud shadow. She had a feeling Artoo had been left behind to keep her company and as a safe-guard against paparazzi bots. Magnanimously, she had decided not to kill Luke for that. Or dismember the droid. She smiled fully at those thoughts. It was good to feel like herself again. She knew that Luke knew she could take care of herself and the baby. But he was a worrier by nature.

The smile turned into a frown as she looked up at the chrono, realizing that she had just spent far longer eating a snack than she had expected and was now behind. Walking around Artoo, she headed back into her office. Artoo trailed right along behind her, but she didn’t pay him much attention as she settled back into her seat, reaching for her mug of decaf to take a grateful sip. Opening a file, she started to work again, only to be unnerved by Artoo, standing guard at her side. He let out the equivalent of a droid moan, and she snapped. “What?”

ARE YOU ANTI-MARRIAGE?

Mara’s eyes widened. “What?” The screen remained unchanged. “I’m not…I’m not having this conversation with a droid.”

“Did Luke put you up to this?” Artoo’s response was merely to stand still, the same question on the screen.

Artoo whistled a negative and the screen changed. I’M MERELY CURIOUS.

Mara glared at him. “Did you ever hear the phrase “Curiosity killed the droid?”

The derisive noise that issued from Artoo was comical, and Mara tamped down a half-smile. “Anything else you’re curious about?”

WILL YOU MARRY MASTER LUKE?

Mara threw up her hands with a small shriek. “You’re doing his dirty work now?”

Artoo screeched and rolled away, beeping to himself down the hall. Mara shook her head. A droid proposal? What would Luke think up next?

The 140th (PG Version)
    Day 145:

As the uterus becomes larger, you may have some concerns about having sex during pregnancy. For the most part, let your own sexual comfort be your guide...

“Damn, Luke.” Mara shivered pleasantly, still working to catch her breath. She leaned her forehead against his shoulder.

He laughed through his intake of breath. “Makes you wonder why you haven’t married me yet, doesn’t it?”

Mara looked up, biting her lip to hide a smile. “...okay, you have the right to be a little smug after that performance, Skywalker. But that doesn’t mean--”

Luke gathered her into his arms and kissed her, opening her mouth to his to deepen the kiss. She pushed against him, but didn’t fight, kissing him back until he fell against the headboard, taking her with him.

She pulled back and regarded him through half-lidded eyes.

He broke into a grin. “Marry me, Mara. Come on, just imagine the wedding night.”

With a grin of her own, she lightly kissed his lips, and then tracked her hand down his chest. “Well,” she said, teasing him, “when you put it that way...”

The 154th
    Day 148:

Every day, you should become more and more aware of the baby’s movement. Although the bumps and thumps are obvious to you, it may be a few more weeks before someone else can feel the baby move by touching your abdomen.

“Hey, baby. It’s Daddy. Can you hear me?” Luke’s hand splayed out over the bump of her abdomen. She tried not to roll her eyes.

But when Luke’s disappointed gaze met hers, she couldn’t help a small frown of sympathy. “You’ll be able to feel her move soon.”

“I guess.” He flopped back against the couch with a sigh. “I know I’m lucky to be able to feel her through the Force so early. But I want to feel her kick.”

“Don’t rush her.” Or me, she thought. But just then she felt the tell-tale flutter inside of her and grabbed his hand. “There!”

But though the movement was completely obvious to her, Luke still wilted with frustration. He shook his head. “Can’t feel it.” He voice was dangerously close to a whine.

Mara hid a smirk. “Don’t bellyache, buddy boy. And you wonder why I haven’t married you yet.” She pushed out with the Force allowing him to feel her amusement.

He laughed. “Sorry. I’m just excited.”

“I never would have guessed.” Mara raised an eyebrow at him in mock fashion.

With a grin, he laid down with his head in her rapidly disappearing lap. He kissed her belly, but then looked up at the ceiling with a small sigh.

“What is it?” Mara ran her fingers through his hair, scratching lightly at his scalp.

A smile tugged at his mouth. “I think…I think I’m very close to getting the Temple, Mara.”

“Really?” Mara grinned down at him.

“Yeah.” He paused for a moment and let his gladness wash over her through their strengthening bond. “The CSF has repeatedly combed through and hasn’t found anymore traps. I walked through myself and detected none. Plus the last group that held a claim over the land is very close to backing down. The Jedi will have their home back. Very soon. I can feel it.”

Mara could picture it. In her mind’s eye she could see Luke, cloaked in brown, standing in front of a class of adepts. The room around them was sunlit and free of the scars that lingered there now, testament to the slaughter of innocents that had once occurred. Many had asked Luke why he did not move his Academy elsewhere, away from the horror of the past. Nobles from many worlds had offered tracts of land, building supplies, even construction crews to help with the project. Yavin IV, the former base for the Alliance had even been suggested, but rejected by Luke. He did not want to be affiliated with any particular person or planet until the Jedi could make it on their own. And the Temple belonged to the Jedi. It was a place that deserved to be used, to be reborn from the desecration that had befallen it.

Dropping her hand from his hair, she traced a finger over his lips. “I’m proud of you.”

His cheeks flushed just slightly at the praise. His eyes rose to meet hers. “And when we have it back, I want our wedding to be there.”

Mara grinned outright at that. “Are you giving me an out, Luke? You know the Temple won’t be in any shape for a wedding for some time after you take possession.”

“Ha.” He turned his head inward to Mara’s stomach. “Do you hear how mean your Mommy is to me? Won’t even marry--” He pulled back and looked up at Mara. “Stop moving. I’m talking to my daughter and can’t when you’re bumping me around.”

Biting her lip, Mara regarded him solemnly. “I wasn’t moving.”

“You weren’t mov…oh, Force!” He leaned in to talk to the baby again. “Hi, little one. I can feel you. Kick again…for Daddy.”

A flutter from inside was met with an enormous grin from the man in her lap. “I can’t believe it! Wait, what’s that?”

Mara frowned as Luke put his ear to her stomach, pretending to listen to something from deep inside.

“Uh-huh. I agree. Well, I’ve been trying.”

Rolling her eyes, Mara did move this time, bumping him with her distended stomach. “What are you doing?”

Luke was laughing as he looked up at her. “Your daughter was just asking me to ask you a question.”

“I bet I can guess which one.”

He grabbed her hand and kissed it. “Will you do our baby a favor and marry her father?”

Mara groaned. “Droid proposals and fetal proposals, what’s next?”

“I could skywrite it outside the window.”

“Cute.” But she could tell Luke knew she was amused. She watched him for a few minutes, still in awe of the strange feeling of the child moving within her. He couldn’t feel but a fraction of what she did, yet his hand remained on her stomach. “You two are best friends already, aren’t you?” It was still somewhat strange to speak of the baby so concretely. Even with movement she was still an abstract idea in many ways.

The grin that had permanently been attached to Luke’s face since finding out the news grew. “Of course. She’s Daddy’s little girl.”

Mara smiled. Because, in her mind’s eye, she could still see Luke clothed in the robes of a Jedi at the refurbished Temple. But now she could almost envision their daughter, standing next to him. And just out of that range, maybe, just maybe, she herself was standing there as well.

The 161st
    Day 176:

As your growing baby becomes more and more active, you may notice that sometimes your sleep is interrupted by its restlessness.

Mara turned and muttered a mild oath, punching her pillow. She tried to settle into a comfortable position, but her stomach had ballooned seemingly overnight. It was extremely hard to find any position that would be comfortable for more than ten minutes. And when she managed to find that comfortable position, the baby would kick to show her displeasure. Mara sighed. There was still had so far to go before the baby was born...and that was definitely not a guarantee of sleep.

Kicking the bed hard, she let out a frustrated yell.

Luke snorted and bolted up right. “Whazzit?”

Mara glared at him. “Your daughter won’t let me rest. Again.”

Rubbing a hand across his eyes, Luke yawned. “Okay. Come here.”

She was too tired to protest and allowed him to pull her back into his arms. She relaxed into his body and moaned as his body heat helped to soothe the sore muscles in her back. He wedged one of his knees between her legs and she relaxed against him, humming happily as he sent soothing waves of relaxation to her through the Force.

They were silent for a moment, resting and then he kissed her ear. “Gonna marry me now?” he murmured.

“Not tonight...” Her comment was cut off with a yawn, but she lightly squeezed his hand with hers..

“‘kay....” He let their conjoined hands fall to rest gently on the swell of her belly, and together they slept.

lys_chan_83 likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Droid proposals, then a fetal proposal [face_rofl] [face_dancing] If this gets any more adorable, I may have to just stay gooified. :D [face_love] !!!!

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  17. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    SQUEEING! Daddy Luke is adorable!!! [face_love]

Mara just give in. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  18. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehehe. Leave it to Luke to get R2 to propose to him.

Luke talking to his daughter was just adorable.

And the small one in bed was adorable. Mara's reply was spot on :)

19. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Having Artoo doing his work...priceless! [face_laugh] I love the feeling for the baby kicks scene. I would do that with my husband. I would grab his hand and say, "Do you feel him kicking?" It felt like the kid was trying to kick his way out of me. I thought there is no way my husband could miss the movement. But he would concentrate and then say, "No, I don't feel anything." :rolleyes:

Very nice!!!!=D=

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    LOVE. IT.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Luke gets everyone to do his dirty work for him. :D Just give in Mara, you know you want to!

Wonderful update! [:D]

22. Demendora

Apr 9, 2010
    Oh! I adore the way Luke invents new proposals! What's next? Maybe The Rogues will come and sing a song "Marry me, babe":D with Luke as a soloist, and the whole tribe of ewoks as orchestra):p[face_laugh]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    demendora -- [face_rofl] I can so picture that! [face_mischief] [:D]

24. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Thanks for the tag! This was sooooooooooooooooo cute!!!
    The romance is coming across brilliantly, don't fret about it at all! [:D] And thanks! Its good to be back!:)
    R2 was ace! Such a cheeky little droid..:p
    And the image of Luke talking to the baby bump was just awwwww! :D
    I'm lovin' this!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. Demendora

Apr 9, 2010
    Mara will not be able to say "No" or "Not now":D

Jade_eyes and mayo_durron_666 like this.