main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 200 Proposals [L/M] - Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ginchy, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Squeeek! So perfect! [face_love]

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm squeezing too :D :*

That was really wonderful, ginchy! @};- This whole story is beautiful. Thank you for it!

3. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    I'm just a puddle right now. A puddle, I tell you. Just what I needed as an afternoon pick-me-up. Love baby Betrys, because she's awesome and Luke always deserved to have a baby girl. [face_love]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! Betrys is so lovely! And the banter is too fun and in character ;) :)
    Betrys is a gorgeous name.

Taramidala, those words are the absolute truth :D Luke deserves a baby girl he can spoil rotten LOL ... Wouldn't it kick royal butt as in be off the chain cool if Disney gave Luke Mara and a family of girls, in EpVII, squggles - I can't stand it [face_laugh] ;)

5. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!![face_love]
    So adorably sweet cute! [face_batting]

[face_laugh]
    Loved how you wrote Han/Leia into this bit.. very them.. well done!
    Liked it all!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    I love tha way Han and Leia tease Luke)) It's so them to welcome Mara and Betrys to the family this way)) This little girl has wonderful parents. Daddy Luke who will spoil her, and mommy Mara, who''ll do her best to look strict, but in the end she is like "Ooooow, my sweet little baby. Farmboy, it's all your damn fault!"

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Sweet chapter to welcome the new baby into the world. Love seeing them get to have a girl together. Very romantic, lovely story!

8. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    awwww. sorry I hadn't responded sooner. this is marvelous I liked the original part but I love the extra parts...Betrys is finally here!

9. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Haven't gotten around to finishing EoA yet, actually... ovbiously, I really should...

“I’m an aunt! Oh, I never thought I would be!”

Hee. :) Awesome, awesome interlude this is.

10. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    Perfect ending!:) Leia and Han's reactions were too awesome. There was so much to love that I can't pick my favorite part!

11. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Thank you all so much for reading this little ficlet. I originally planned to write it for JediMara77 as a beta gift (as she beta'd EoA). But she ended up wanting another gift so this kind of spun out on its own. I'd like to thank her for helping in the first chapters of this story. I'd also like to thank taramidala for all of her help with the story even when she's got so many things going on in RL. Thank you all for reading and if you'd like to see the fate of Luke, Mara, and Betrys you can read "Echoes of Always" or just end here on this happy family moment. [face_love]

--------------------

JainaSoloYJK: Thank you!! I’m so glad you enjoyed the sweetness and light. [face_love] And writing Han and Leia was fun. I really wanted to see them with their niece!

Briannakin: Thank you!!

Hazel: Thank you for your kind remarks!!

Taramidala: Thank you so much, girl!! I love Betrys, too. She really tore my heart out in EoA so I’m glad to see a bit of mush with her. Yes, Luke deserved a baby girl!! [face_love]

Jade_eyes: I’m hoping for Mara in Ep VII. Hope, hope , hope!! And thank you! I love Baby Betrys. She’s a strong woman like her mother, but I like seeing her beginnings!

Mayo_durron_666: Thank you! I love Han and Leia and don’t get to write them much. I’m glad you enjoyed their bit!

Demendora: hahahaahaa you’re sooooooo right about Mara. And I love Han and Leia’s teasing of Farmboy, too. Thank you so much!!

Luna_Nightshade: Thank you so much! After the angst in EoA I wanted some romance. I’m glad this has delivered!!

EmeraldJediFire: Thanks!! It really is kind of pieces of a story, but I like the way it turned out!

DaenaBenjen42: I would love it if you did! And thanks for reading this one!!

Bkwrm752003: Thank you!! I loved writing that Han and Leia bit. I love that there’s so much love and friendship there. As it should be! [face_love]

--------------------

TAG LIST PART 1: @mavjade Demendora DaenaBenjen42 JainaSoloYJK Blackfish mayo_durron_666 NYCitygurl

12. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    TAG LIST PART 2: immertreu Briannakin Hazel Valiowk lukemaraben bkwrm752003 Luna_Nightshade

--------------------

EPILOGUE

The 200th
    Day 3, after-birth:
    This week, reality sets in — you have a baby! She's all yours, she's home with you, and she's dependent on you for love, care, and feeding.

The baby was impossibly tiny. Everything about her was miniature from her teeny fingers to her even smaller toes. When her eyes were closed and her lashes fanned out on her cheeks she looked so fragile and precious, sweet and quiet. But deceptive looks came in small packages because when those eyes would snap open she would open her mouth and let loose a cry that could force a grown man to snap to attention, drop whatever it was he had been doing, and run to her side.

Betrys Skywalker already had her father wrapped around one of her delicate little fingers.

Only three days old she seemed to know that she was the center of attention, and she demanded it lustily, crying out for it in a way that seemed much too loud for the little body that created the noise. But she was a benevolent dictator because just when her exhausted parents were ready to give up, she would open her big eyes and stare at them with her little scrunched face and make them remember all over again why they had fallen in love with her in the minutes after her birth.

Mara looked down at the baby lying contentedly in her arms, satiated for once. But though she knew that wouldn’t last for long and she should try to get some sleep, she couldn’t help but sit and look down at the baby that had so changed her life. Trailing the back of her fingers across Betrys’s cheek, she marveled at the silky soft feeling of her skin and thought back to the night she had discovered her pregnancy. “We’ve come so far since then, Betrys,” she whispered.

“What about me?”

Mara looked up into Luke’s smiling face. He was still grinning, much as he had been for the last three days. For the last nine months, actually. Lack of sleep didn’t seem to stop him. If anything he was willing to let her sleep as much as she could, eager to spend time with his daughter. She pursed her lips. “I think you were ready for all of this on day one.” She purposefully moved her ringed hand to splay across the baby’s tummy.

“Maybe not day one, but definitely after that first real proposal,” he teased, sitting next to her and putting an arm around her.

“I think that was the only one that really counted.”

“You’re saying that I could have saved my breath the other one hundred ninety-eight times?” Luke shook his head and looked down at the sleeping baby. “Now she tells me!”

“Only one hundred ninety-nine proposals? It felt like a lot more than that.” Mara playfully rolled her eyes and shifted so that Betrys was lying in the crook of her arm. She leaned against Luke’s arm.

“Hm. Cute.” He touched his forehead to her temple and placed a hand on the baby’s head, gently rubbing her blonde hair. “I actually have one more proposal for you.”

“Of course you do. Two-hundred proposals? What is it this time? That I don’t kill you?”

Pulling back, Luke made a face at her.

Mara propped her head back against him and smirked up at him. “Or that I have your baby?”

“Been there, done that.” Luke’s voice was dry.

“Is it that you’ll change all the dirty diapers for the next few years? I won’t hesitate to say ‘yes’ to that.”

Luke exhaled an amused puff of breath. “Ha-Ha. That humor really comes out when you haven’t slept for a few days, doesn’t it?”

Mara rolled her eyes again. “It can’t be another marriage proposal…”

“I think we can count marriage as another ‘been there, done that’ moment. It is, after all, our three day anniversary.” He kissed her forehead and pulled her and Betrys even closer. “But my two hundredth proposal is even more important that that. Mara, I propose that that we—you, Bets, and me—that we be a happy family.”

Throat closing with emotion, Mara struggled for a moment to gain her composure. She wanted that, too. More than even she had ever known. She closed her eyes only to have an image of another baby flash into her mind’s eye, a redhead this time, a redheaded baby she somehow knew to be a boy. Her arms reflexively grasped Betrys, imagining that one day she would be a big sister. But as she opened her eyes she realized that was only a tantalizing glimpse of a possible future and the present was there in her arms. Holding her small family close, she answered this proposal without hesitation.

“Yes,” she said. “We are and we will be a happy family. Ever and always.”

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful. Fantab 200th. [:D]

ginchy likes this.
  14. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    That was just too beautiful..I love Luke's final proposal--and that glimpse of Ben.

Love this line btw:

But as she opened her eyes she realized that was only a tantalizing glimpse of a possible future and the present was there in her arms.

ginchy and Jade_eyes like this.
  15. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Oooooow) So sweet, so beautiful! It's definitely one of my favourite stories[face_love]@};-

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    So much love in this story [face_love] [face_love]

Thanks again for letting us read it. [:D]

ginchy likes this.
  17. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    You know I love it. :)

ginchy likes this.
  18. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Nothing else to say except awwwwwwwww! [face_love]

Jade_eyes and ginchy like this.
  19. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    AWWWWW! So friggin CUUUUUTE. ALL of them are just adorable.

20. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very, very cute. I am glad it was Mara that glimpsed a future Ben Skywalker instead of Luke. Mara would probably have killed Luke if he mentioned having another kid so soon after giving birth. ;) Like I should talk...mine are 17 months apart.o_O

Awesome ending!!! =D=

21. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Such a lovely and meaningful 200th proposal! Baby Betrys is so cute! Thank you so much for sharing with us this entertaining series of proposals! @};-[:D]

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    “Yes,” she said. “We are and we will be a happy family. Ever and always.”

For personal reasons, this last line made me smile. :) Love, love his 200th proposal. Well done, ginchy. :)

ginchy likes this.
  23. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    This is the best possible companion pieces of Echoes of Always, one of my faaaaaaaaavoritest fics. :D You write L/M so well - not too sappy, not too snarky, just perfectly Goldilocks right. :) I can't wait for MOAR (especially because I know what the moar is whaaaaaaaaat).

ginchy likes this.
  24. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I'm so glad you all enjoyed this little fic. Thanks!! [:D]

Jade_eyes: Thank you!!

EmeraldJediFire: I had to get a glimpse of Ben in there, since the EoA universe is done (for now) and I love Ben! Thanks!!

Demendora: Thank you so much!! I enjoyed writing it.

Hazel: Thank you for reading it, lady!!

Taramidala: I know you do and I thank you for it!! [:D] We have a soft spot for Daddy!Luke!! Speaking of, I can’t wait for summer. You know why! Hee. (Two [fic] reasons!)

JainaSoloYJK: Thank you so much!!

Briannakin: I love to write cute!! [face_love] Thanks!!

Jedi_Lover: hahahahaha I think you’re right, gal. She would have vaped him. But I had to get a little mention of Ben in!! Thanks, lady!!

Valiowk: Thank you so much for reading! I’m so glad you enjoyed!!

DaenaBenjen42: Thank you so much. I loved that ending and had to get that line in there!

JediMara77: Glad to see you around, gal!! I had to write Betrys’s beginning and the 200 idea was too fun to let go to waste!! Hahahah Goldilocks. I love it!! I need to work on the MOAR!! I need someone to word war me!! ;) Thanks!!

25. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    I am sooo late, but I absolutely loved this whole story! The 200th proposal was just perfect, and I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time while reading the last few chapters. Thank you so much for sharing this gem with us, ginchy! :D