main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 2000 Light Years, a Holiday songfic starring Hallis and Hobbie (yes, really :p )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lank_Pavail, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Note: I of course don't own SW, else I'd be rich. :p The song that I slightly rewrote to fit is the Pretenders' "2000 Miles". And a special thanks to Daughter_of_Yubyub for the beta! :D

Hallis Saper watched the snow fall over the spires and towers of Coruscant. Winter was her favorite time of year. Always had been, since she was a little girl. Part of it was moments like this, when the snow seemed to tame the harsh lines of the city-planet, and the nav lights on skyscrapers turned the snowfall into its own holiday display. The other was an almost childlike love of the Life Day holiday. She loved it all: the songs, the decorations, the cheesy old holovid specials, the whole thing. She got teased for it, especially by her lover. But she?d managed to get him to embrace the joy of the holiday.

She sighed, setting down the cup of hot chocolate she?d made for herself. But her lover wasn?t here. Derek Klivian, better known as Hobbie, was off on a mission with the elite pilots of Rogue Squadron. He and his squadron mates, originally scheduled to spend the holiday here, had been suddenly deployed to some flashpoint. The top commanders probably thought sending their best fleet commander and best fighter unit would get the two sides to back down. Hallis suppressed her annoyance, but had less luck with her other emotions. Worry?s cold breath raised the hair on the nape of her neck, and loneliness robbed her of the solace she?d sought looking out the window.

He?s gone 2000 light years
    It?s very far
    The snow is falling down
    Gets colder day by day
    I miss you

The children will sing
    He?ll be back at Life Day time

She flopped down on the overstuffed couch and turned on the holovid unit. One of her favorite specials was playing, but she only gave it part of her attention. Her thoughts were on Derek. She dozed, the plot of the vid mixing with her subconscious to give her dreams of her at a formal dress dance, watching her friends and Hobbie?s squadron mates twirl around the floor. And there he was, looking perfect in his dress uniform, asking her to dance. They moved with the effortless grace that only happens in holos or dreams, eyes only for each other.

In these frozen and silent nights
    sometimes in a dream you appear
    outside under the purple sky
    Diamonds in the snow sparkle
    our hearts were singing
    it felt like Life Day time

Her dream took a turn for the absurd when she saw the Ewok pilot, Kettch Airey, and Kell Tainer of the Wraiths in holiday sweaters singing a duet on stage. She laughed, waking herself. She looked around, seeing the credits rolling on the holovid. And she was here, alone, on Life Day Eve. Heaving a sigh, she stood up, washing the remains of her hot chocolate down the drain. She thought of calling one of her friends, but it was rather late.

?Iella?s probably tucked the girls in for the night. Shalla?s away for the holidays and Winter?s visiting the Solo Kids on Yavin with their parents.? She thought. And nearly all her other friends were either off planet, or on the mission?with Hobbie.

2000 light years
    Is very far through the snow
    I?ll think of you
    Wherever you go

Hallis fought down another sigh. A glance at the chrono told her it was late. She decided to turn in. She changed for bed, taking care to lay out the cookie and milk as she had since she was taught to as a girl. Derek had always laughed at her for that, but she still did it every year. She turned the decorative lights down, got into bed, and turned on the small holoprojector there. It was approaching midnight, when the choirs would sing a few classic songs from all over the galaxy. But her holiday cheer had lost its fight with missing her lover, and she was tired. She drifted off to sleep.

He?s gone 2000 miles
    It?s very far
    The snow is falling down
    Gets colder day by day
    I miss you
    I can hear people singing
    It must be Life Day time
    I hear people singing
    It must be Life Day time

A loud chime startled her out of sleep. Hallis glanced at the wall chrono. It was just after midnight. On the h

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Great fic! And the best part about X-wings instead of cars is, all you have to do is remote-activate the shields and you don't have to do any scraping! :D

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was great! =D=

4. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Oh Lank! that is a wonderful Life Day fic! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

[:D]

5. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    This was so nice! I loved it!
    Great job!

=D=

6. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Very cute, you :p

7. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Stakky: indeed. Or tell the astromech to start the repulsors and waggle the ship like an enormous metal dog. :p

V: Thanks. :)

Sis: Eh, like I said, once every five years isn't bad. :p Thanks >:D<

Ceillean: Thank you. :)

Pulsies: I try :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.