main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2000 VHS Release of the Trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by mandalore15, Mar 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelila Jade

Lelila Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2000
    Hey, Jedi15, I didn't know you spoke German!

2. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    You learn something new every day, Lelila!

Casta Diva, unfortunately, I cannot speak any of the Romance languages. Just German.

BTW, kudos for your well thought out and intelligent posts in LadyCallie's thread. Although the Mara and Callie fans disagree with each other on our opinions with both characters, we usually get along fine (and even help write Mara/Callie fanfics together)! Hey, I was wondering if you would like to check out What if Callista... and Maternal Instincts in the Fan Fiction Forum. They're very good stories, and you can even help write them.

MTFBWYA

CALLISTA RULES!!!

cool.gif

3. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Casta Diva:"Since Callista has so many A's in her anme, why don't we use Spanish, French, Italian or Latin (the Romance lagnuage?)"

Actually, 'Callista' is Greek for most beautiful. I'm not an expert in the dead languages, but I do know some French:

Callista: donne-la la Force! (give her the Force!)
    Fait la retour du Callista! (Bring Callista back!)

I don't know, I still like...

CALLISTA RULES!!!!

4. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    To the top, I say! We're letting it slip! Don't give in to silence! That leads to the dark side!

5. Hunter Of Winds

Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 5, 1999
    Casta Diva: May the force be with you!

Hunter

6. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
  7. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Cara: right you are about "Callista" meaning "the most beautiful" . Barbara Hambly did not pick that name out of the air--most authors give their characters names that have a significance

8. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    To the top! Where'd everybody go?

9. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Come on, guys. NO one has posted in here for over a week. We're up to sixteen pages and over six-hundred posts! Don't let this thread flounder now! To the top!

CALLISTA RULES!!!

10. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Sorry, Cara! I couldn't see the most recent posts for a while. I was afraid that the thread had gone corrupt. Looks like the administrators finally fixed this problem.

Anyways, Teniel and I updated some more on Maternal Instincts. Sorry for the drought this week, but my parents say I can't get on the InterNet on weekdays, only on weekends.

But at least it's almost summer!

CALLISTA RULES!!!

BTW, I didn't know that "Callista" meant "most beautiful" in Greek! Kewl! cool.gif

11. Shara82

Shara82 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2000
    Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here, and a HUGE Callista fan. She is definately my favorite EU character.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself, and say hi...

Callista Rules!

12. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Woohoo! Welcome, Shara82!

13. Casta Diva

Casta Diva Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2000
    I have recently seen a Luke fan thread on the Classic trilogy forum. Since you guys love Callie so much, I assume you guys would love Luke as well. So...GO AND SUPPORT THAT THREAD!!!!!!!! Luke is universally popular.

14. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedi15:
    Sorry for the drought this week, but my parents say I can't get on the InterNet on weekdays, only on weekends.

So that's where you've been
    I thought I hadn't seen you all week.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Casta Diva:
    I have recently seen a Luke fan thread on the Classic trilogy forum. Since you guys love Callie so much, I assume you guys would love Luke as well. So...GO AND SUPPORT THAT THREAD!!!!!!!! Luke is universally popular.

Go and support the Wedge threads here and in the Classic forum too. The Great One needs support!!

15. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    One step ahead of you, Casta Diva! Jedi Callie, Wormie2, and I have already posted there several times, and plan on doing so for a while. You know, it's occurred to me that although the Mara and Callista fans disagree on a lot of things, we both have one thing in common: we all like Luke.

Thanks!

CALLISTA AND LUKE RULE!!!

16. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>So that's where you've been
    I thought I hadn't seen you all week.

Yeah, I know. I've been practically going through withdrawal with lack of posting! I don't get it. My parents say I shouldn't get on the computer because of my grades, and yet I'm making all A's and B's. What's up with that? mad.gif

&lt;sigh&gt; I'll never understand my parents.

BTW, Luke, have you checked out our newest fanfic yet, Maternal Instincts? Any help would be appreciated! I'll come back later with some links to it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Go and support the Wedge threads here and in the Classic forum too. The Great One needs support!!

Sure, why not?

CALLISTA AND LUKE RULE!!!

17. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Okay, I'm back! Here are the links to the two Callista fanfics we're writing:

Forum16/HTML/000002.htmlWhat if Callista...

Forum16/HTML/000546.htmlMaternal Instincts

What if Callista... is now finished, and we're halfway through Maternal Instincts. It deals with Callista's pregnancy and the rise of a new breed of Nightsisters on Dathomir. IMHO, it's even better than our first story!

One last thing: if any of you have the time, could you please check out some of the various other fanfics I'm writing or helping to write:

Forum16/HTML/000012.htmlBoba Fett vs. Aurra Sing

Forum16/HTML/000773.htmlBoba Fett vs. Aurra Sing (Part 2)

Forum16/HTML/000106.htmlDaala Torture Fanfic

Thank you!

LUKE AND CALLISTA RULE!!!

[This message has been edited by Jedi15 (edited 05-20-2000).]

18. Casta Diva

Casta Diva Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedi15:
    One step ahead of you... we both have one thing in common: we all like Luke.

Jedi15: Now, I'm one step ahead of YOU! I've already pointed out our universal love for Luke on the Mara thread.

I still haven't read all the posts on this thread yet, and some of you might have brought up this topic. Callista is created in EU so there isn't an exact image we have for her. So is the same with Mara Jade. Which image of Callist that is the most satisfactory to you? Although I admit I'm not that fanatic about her as you do, I do have one picture of her that I like. Have you seen the woman beside Luke on the cover of "Children of the Jedi". I presume that is Callista. She seemed dissolved in the background but her face is definite enough. Oh jeez, that image is divine! It fits into every ideal. It captured Callista's ethereal temperament and the image exudes in a cantabile feeling. I've nerver been too pleased with her portrayal in other stuff (e.g., encyclopedias), but this one is etched in my mind.

[This message has been edited by Casta Diva (edited 05-20-2000).]

19. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Greeting
    I don't think I seen this pic of Callista already posted. If someone beat me to it I'll take it down.

Anyway here it is

[​IMG]

20. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Jedi15: Now, I'm one step ahead of YOU! I've already pointed out our universal love for Luke on the Mara thread.

Kewl!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Callista is created in EU so there isn't an exact image we have for her. So is the same with Mara Jade. Which image of Callist that is the most satisfactory to you?

Well, I've only seen two images of Callista. One is a pic that I posted on the very first page of this thread. Another is the portrait of her face on the cover of Children of the Jedi.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Although I admit I'm not that fanatic about her as you do, I do have one picture of her that I like. Have you seen the woman beside Luke on the cover of "Children of the Jedi". I presume that is Callista. She seemed dissolved in the background but her face is definite enough. Oh jeez, that image is divine! It fits into every ideal. It captrued Callista's ethereal temperent and the image exudes in a cantabile feeling. I've nerver been too pleased with her portrayal in other stuff (e.g., encyclopedias), but this one is etched in my mind.

Yep, that's her all right! Although she actually has brown hair, not blond, as the picture showed. Yeah, she does seem ethereal in that pic, almost like a goddess of some sort. It would make a very nice poster.

After seeing that, I could understand why Hambly decided to name her after a Greek word that means "most beautiful".

And as for Mara...I think she was portrayed on the cover of The Last Command (an excellent book, I may add), but we only saw her backside, and she was fighting the Luuke Skywalker clone. And wasn't she also on the Vision of the Future also? Although she looked kinda ugly on that one.

And for that Star Wars Encyclopedia you mentioned...UGH! That has some of the UGLIEST pictures I've ever seen of characters, not just Callista. I mean, have you seen those pictures of Daala, Kyp, and Tionne, just to name a few? Whoever drew those pictures should be fired!

Anyways...

21. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Here you go, Amidala Starkiller (cool name, BTW!):

http://www.enterco.com/amidalastarkiller/callista.jpg

22. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    Jedi15, I thought the Daala Torture fanfic was dead and buried. Besides which, it seems to have become one with the server.

23. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Damn! Maybe I mistyped the URL. mad.gif

Whoa. eek.gif That's one freaky-looking picture of Callista. Did you draw it yourself, Amidala?

24. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Yep. I did mistype the URL. I've corrected them now, so you should be able to access it.

25. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    I just tested my links. They work fine now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.