main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2000 VHS Release of the Trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by mandalore15, Mar 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    Why do I come here if I don't like Callista? Because if people who don't like Callista come here, it actually creates interesting conversation. Believe it or not, I'm interested in why people love Callista so much. If you noticed, there is rarely any semi-intelligent conversation, until people who don't like Callista come. In the last thread, there were dozens of non-sensical posts, like Callista Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, in the vertical format. Now, you're thinking I'm bashing the Callistars, or Callista, or Barbara Hambly. Well, I'm not. I simply have a different viewpoint.

2. MaraJadee

MaraJadee Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2000
    YOU GO INSANE ANAKIN!!! I happen to dislike Callista too. I'm not bashing her, or her creator, but she just wasn't that good a character.

3. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Insane Anakin, et. al,

With all due respect, I'm sorry if the conversation we have bores you and the rest of the anti-Callie people, but then again, as its name suggests, the thread is for Callie fans, so it really only matters if the conversation gets boring for us Callie fans (perhaps we can take a poll--what do ya say, guys? Boring? Hmm?).

I'm not attacking you for your point of view; I couldn't care less if you like Callie or not because I could no more make you like Callie than you could make me like other characters, but I would like to remind you that the thread was specifically created for Callie fans. You are certainly welcome in here and we welcome your differing points of view, but please understand, the topics discussed herein do not cater to you as an audience, therefore, we will no doubt bore/annoy/perplex you quite frequently, so don't be surprised if we do.

I'm all for intelligent discussions--please feel free to start one if you so choose (I loved debating in high school and in college, and I welcome it)! However, we differ on the relevance of posts such as "Callista Rules" and the like. I myself have no problem with them. If a person feels he/she has nothing more to say than that simple statement, then go for it. It doesn't bother me any, and I doubt it bothers any of the other Callie fans for whom, let me re-iterate, this thread was created.

Feel free to stay in this thread and speak your point of view, but I should point out that you don't find any of us going into your threads trying to make trouble. One would think we could be treated with the same courtesy, but I suppose in this day and age, courtesy is relative to one's point of view *sigh*.

Respectfully, but disagreeably yours,
    JC

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 03-06-2000).]

4. TheB5Fan

TheB5Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 1999
    Well, I am posting here once again in the Callista Thread. I am not here to post anythiing negative on the character or try to point out reasons to dislike her as I have done before. I was wrong to do that here and left since I was asked to even though I never flamed the character. I came to apologize on behalf of the Mara Jade fans. Some people who come and try to flame do not share the same views as everyone in the other threads and especially of all those in the MJ thread.
    I dislike the character but I respect your thread. Those who disrespect it are just being childish and I would hate for any flames to come from the actions of a select few people. Somethings are sometimes said which I do not agree with but I will not come here and attack the thread. Unless I was attacked personally. These are just book characters and to start something for something so trivial is meaningless. May your thread prosper as well as our own.

TheB5Fan - El gran quesso

5. Callista Sunrider

Callista Sunrider Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 1999
    Jedi Callie:
    One:If I wrote about them haveing Jena and all that good stuff I probl'y would want to pick up some where with you, if at all possible.
    Two:I can't write and would like some tips (if any one has any).
    So, all in all, I'd like it if you'd drop me an e-mail.

Uhhhh, Insane Anakin:
    I don't mind you here and we'll try to strike up a conversation(at lest I will).

Ok, every one:
    1.What is your fav. part with Callie?
    2.What's the thing you love most about her?
    3.What's your fav Callie or Luke to/about Callie quote?
    (Any one can add to the list if they want.)
    1.I love the part when Luke first meets Callista and the part when Callista is helping Leia with her lightsaber.
    2.I love most every thing about Callista, I especally love that Callista seems like she would be a kindrid person with me.
    3.I love it when Luke says to Callista, "There is-and always will be-my love for you." That is my most favroit quote ever! It is so loving!!!
    Well I have to go eat some pie!!!!

6. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
    Hey,
    If any one wants to ever e-mail me you're more then welcome to!

[This message has been edited by Callista Sunrider (edited 03-07-2000).]

7. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    B5fan: thank you so much for your post. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it . Just so you know, I have nothing against MJ's fans--in fact, quite a number of my friends are avid fans of her. I also believe that for the most part, fans on either side of the coin can and do get along. It's a shame that isolated occurences such as occasional flames from both sides make it seem like we're at war. I'm here to say we are not at war, and I appreciate the olive branch!

Jedi Callie:
    One:If I wrote about them haveing Jena and all that good stuff I probl'y would want to pick up some where with you, if at all possible.

Two:I can't write and would like some tips (if any one has any).

CS: the beauty of writing is that you are the master, and you can set your story in any time period or situation which you'd like . So if you want to start it where I left off, go ahead! It's your story!

As for writing tips, I'd be happy to help you out (although please understand I'm just a beginner at this so I'll more than likely point you to sources that have helped me along the way). Drop me an email and we'll talk

1.What is your fav. part with Callie?

In CotJ, when she's first interacting with Luke and slowly coming to trust him... Also the end of CotJ when they're reunited

2.What's the thing you love most about her?

Her resiliency, her strength, her sense of humor, her warmth

3.What's your fav Callie or Luke to/about Callie quote?

Favorite quotes:

Callie: I love you. And I will love you always.

Luke: There is and always will be my love for you...

8. JediSabre77

JediSabre77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    Well like I have said I dont come in here very much....And when I do I wont troll...unlike others, you know who you are my friend ...But I may quiz you.

9. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Hey, Callista Sunrider, I kind of slacked off about posting my story. I could Email you some of it, if you'd like. I've been pretty busy with it, and I wrote a smaller fanfic in that time about Luke and Callie between CotJ and DS. That was fun. Definitely drop me a line and tell me where I left off because I don't remember!
    Anyway, you asked us about what we like about Callie:

1. My favorite Callista scene...Don't make me pick! If I had to, though, I'd say that I loved the part where she first wakes up, and the dream Luke has about her right before she died.
    2. What I love most about Callista is that she's so strong-willed and determined. I also love how friendly and sometimes shy she is.
    3. My favorite quote is in PoT. On page 258 (I think) He thinks: If she came to harm, I will... It shows that he'd do anything for her. THe thing she says that I live by is that "The Universe has a sense of humor" because it certainly does!

10. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Hey, what's with this new weird icon?

In response to Insane Anakin, I liked Callista in CotJ, tolerated her in Darksaber, and liked her again in Planet of Twilight. I may not be as much as fanatic as the other Callista fans here, but I DO like her, as well as Mara Jade.

One more thing: CALLISTA RULES!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I haven't seen anyone post here in vertical format yet, Insane.

11. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Threepio!! We finally have Threepio!!! Yes!!!

All right, now all we need is Han, Lando, and Chewie... (and Callie, of course )

12. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
    I totally forgot what I was going to say! mad.gif
    Oh, I know! rolleyes.gif I was going to tell you about the riot I had in school today!!! I was learning about misplaced modifiers in grammar!!! They are soooooo funny!!! I'm sorry, but it is soooooo funny!!!

13. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
    I totally forgot what I was going to say! mad.gif
    Oh, I know! rolleyes.gif I was going to tell you about the riot I had in school today!!! I was learning about misplaced modifiers in grammar!!! They are soooooo funny!!! I'm sorry, but it is soooooo funny!!!

14. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
    Sorry, double post! redface.gif

15. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
    Hey all you Callie fans! I just made a fan fic for Callista: What if Callista....
    Go check it out!!!

16. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Callista, that's one cool thread. Everyone needs to go check it out and add on! Hey, I thought of another song. Can you guys tell me who sings it? I only remember a few lines:

It's hard to think about
    What might have been
    'Cause that was then,
    We have taken different roads...

Does anyone know who sings it? It's driving me crazy! But it works, huh?

17. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    I'll check out your thread later, Callista Sunrider!

Hey, has anyone heard that Madonna song The Power of Goodbye? Was anyone else reminded of Callista and Luke?

Callista rules!

18. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    This thread really feels the love.
    //happy dance//

19. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Jedi15: yes!! Thank you for reminding me of that song!! I agree, "The Power of Goodbye" really does fit them . I thought that when I first bought the CD, but I had forgotten about that song...

20. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    There's the Insane Anakin I knew was in there.

Jedi Callie, I LOVE The Power of Goodbye.! It's my favorite Madonna song When I first bought that CD, I wanted it plainly for the songs Ray of Light and Frozen. I stumbled upon TPoG by accident. But when I heard it for the first time, I liked it so much that I listened to it over and over and over and over and over and...well, you get the point. It perfectly fits in with Luke and Callista's relationship!

BTW, I contributed to your thread, Callista Sunrider. If you can later, check it out!

One last thing: Calli-- Aw, forget it. You know the drill.

21. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    There's also Boyz II Men's "On Bended Knee." And "The Power of Goodbye" works, too! This is fun!
    I had a question, and now I can't remember it. Oh, yeah! Survey Question: Do you guys think it was right for Callista to leave in the first place? Was she right, or was she just scared? IMO, I think she was right. I think that if she hadn't left, she'd have given up and turned to the dark side. Then Luke, loving her so much, would finally join her. I think that by leaving, Callista saved Luke from following his father into the darkness (Whoa, that's poetic!).
    What do you think?

22. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    I definitely agree with you.

23. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Cara: that's a good question... First, I really think that her reasons in DS were different than in PoT. In DS, her reason was more that she didn't feel equal to Luke, blah blah blah... In PoT, she really did it out of fear that she would bring harm to him by tempting the dark side. I ignore her reasons in DS LOL (and we all know my feelings about DS ). In PoT, I thought her reasons were admirable, but IMHO, I didn't agree with them. I didn't agree with her reasons, BUT I certainly didn't think she did a bad thing by leaving because her reasons for doing so came out of her love for him. It's not like she left him to deliberately hurt him--in fact she did it so she wouldn't hurt him. She sacrificed her happiness, her love, her future with this man just so she could spare him pain that she thought she would bring him. So even though I don't agree with her reasons, I sympathize greatly with her situation...

24. Empress Palpatine

Empress Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    When she left Luke, I was upset at first, because that meant they would no longer be together (and they wouldn't get married! ). But when I read PoT, my faith in Callista was restored. I realized her reasons for leaving Luke, not because she was jealous of his powers, but because of the fear that she would lead him to the dark side of the Force. I really hope to see her in NJO; not so they can get back together, just so they can be friends.

BTW, here's another song that symbolizes Luke and Callie's relationship (heck, even Ani and Padme): My Heart Will Go On, by Celine Dion. You know, that Titanic song?

25. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Hey all!!

Here's a great interview with Barbara Hambly that someone told me about today:
    http://holocron.simplenet.com/issues/hv3i3/hambly.htm http://holocron.simplenet.com/issues/hv3i3/hambly.htm

She says a lot of things about Callista and also offers some interesting "behind the scenes" tidbits on certain, ahem, "decisions" that were made. I'd already known about all of this, but finally it's in writing so it doesn't seem like I made it all up LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.