Awards 2001 Fanfiction Awards Ceremony

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gandalf the Grey, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    What was that devil face for? ?[face_plain] ;) :p :D Sure, any time, but now I gotta go to bed (it's 1:00 a.m. here). :D BYE!
  2. Ghent42 Jedi Master

star 4
    DarthIshtar, are you kidding? Violins rule! They are the best instruments. Period. Well, pianos are good too. And violas are ok, but violins are the best. :p
  3. Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Drums are the best. Violins aren't loud enough.
  4. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    VIOLINS PALE BY COMPARISON TO THE MASTERFUL VIOLAS!
  5. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    PIANOS PIANOS PIANOS!!!! :D :D :D And guitars too!!! ;) :D
  6. PeterTutham27 Jedi Master

star 4
    Would this be a bad time to mention trumpets?
  7. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
  8. PeterTutham27 Jedi Master

star 4
    ....ok... sorry..

But let's just say that it takes an entire orchestra to make John Williams soundtracks sound incredible... I know from personal experience... I got to see him w/ the BSO and Boston Pops! IT WAS AWESOME!
    -er... anyways.. I love all instruments save the accordian....
  9. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    ::claps:: YES! ORCHESTRA RULES!!! :D :D :D
  10. Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Trumpets are cool, too. That's what I play in band!
  11. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Tutham, are you from Boston? I am. The first time I heard the SW and Jaws themes was John Williams conducting the Pops at Symphony Hall.
  12. Awel Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, there are Reasons for John Williams not being very popular. Like he stood me up over the summer, wouldn't come out and say hi after his performance--a performance that included Star Wars music, no less!. But there, there; I'm officially over that. And he is reported to be a very nice guy.

MEEN!
  13. Awel Jedi Master

star 1
    THE BSO AND THE POPS! Sorry, can't you tell the effects of studying the whole summer at Tanglewood and hanging out with the BSOers (not to mention the, erm, T'ang Quartet)? My teacher's in the Pops, and he's absolutely the coolest person on earth, and John Williams was around a lot conducting the Pops this summer...and Ish, btw, we're playing Symphony Hall on Sunday. yay!
  14. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Well, he never came to breakfast at my house, so I think he's mean. By way of explanation, my mom had a thing called "Mystery Guest" where each kid wrote down their heros and we had as many as would come have breakfast with us and tell their life story. We had everything from sunday school teachers to tv stars. From the day we restarted it after our move to boston, we tried to get John Williams to come, but he never did. I'm forever scarred.
  15. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    AUGH! You're playing in SH? I did that four years ago, except singing. My friend Anne's mother is the second chair viola in the Pops, and my teacher was in the BSO until she decided to switch to the Boston Academy of Music because she likes opera better. But it was wicked weird because when we did a production of the sound of music, I had to be a violist in the pit orchestra. Well, i was the only good one in the school, so we went to outside sources. Like Jean Haig, the aforementioned second-chair viola. But she didn't know the music, so she made me be principal. That's not something you often say. And then people kept recognizing her at my senior recital.
  16. Awel Jedi Master

star 1
    awww...poor Kaki! well, maybe he's not always the most sociable person...
  17. PeterTutham27 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I don't even live in Massachusetts, but my grandmother does. Her best friend is JW's house cleaner and Seji Osawa's house cleaner as well, so we get free good tickets! But this summer, seeing JW at Tanglewood was simply incredible! And yes, Fluke- trumpets ARE AWESOME! I play 2nd in Jazz Ensemble, 1st in Marching band, pep band, and Jazz Combo.. It's a blast! At Berklee competition last year, we came in 1st in the day performance and 2nd at night... This year though we're going ALL THE WAY~!

umm... sorry. bout that.... I get a tendency to rant...

You guys got to perform at SH? Nice~! I just got back from my play, "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown".. I was Snoopy.... I'm still on a performance high....
  18. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    i'm sure you were fantastic. My reason for wanting to play the trumpet was two places in Handel's Messiah. I've been playing it every year for 9 years now and every time they do The Trumpet Shall Sound, my heart stops. And then we get to the Hallelujah Chorus and in the middle of the "King of Kings and Lord of Lords", all of a sudden, there's a 5-note trumpet run that just sends a thrill through me.

And you guys have the second-best part in the Tchaikovsky March Slave. The best is the violas because Piotr loves us and gives us the melody.
  19. PeterTutham27 Jedi Master

star 4
    I love that part (The Trumpet Shall Sound)!!!!

But I love JW because he'll do something beautiful with the strings and then have the brass come up and flourish it!
  20. Ghent42 Jedi Master

star 4
    I cannot endure this endless talk of violas. :)
    Violins are without a doubt, the best instruments on the face of the earth. :p
  21. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Violins are too screechy, cellos too rumbling. Violas fix both those problems.
  22. PeterTutham27 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, I guess we're too cultured for our own good! ;)
  23. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    What do you mean, violins are too screechy??? :mad: Go listen to the Schindler's List soundtrack, and THEN tell me if the violins are screechy! :mad: ;) :D Man, I love Itzhak Perlman's solos in there... so sad... the violin is literally CRYING in there... :_| Especially in the "I could have done more" part... :_| :_| :_| ::sniff sniff:: The most heartbreaking scene in the whole movie! I cry every time I see it... ::sniff:: ;)
  24. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Yes, but John Williams wrote it, so he never does screechy. Everyone else loves to. I'm doing the Mozart Violin Concerto #4 and it goes into orbit!
  25. Awel Jedi Master

star 1
    Peter, your grandmother's a Lenoxer then? And yep, we do Symphony Hall performances several times during the year, including tomorrow...you know they're IDing you at the stage door now? sigh, guess our days of backstage rambling are over. so Peter, you got to come to T'wood? are you coming this summer?

Kaki, yes Piotr loves you (QUARTET IN D! THE T'ANG IS PLAYING IT! *sigh*) but I don't know why. Violas, excuse me, are merely somewhat confused people who can't decide whether to be violins or cellos. (right Ghent?) and HOW could you call Mozart screechy? NO! NO! I forbid it.

Mar17, I love Schindler and I love Itzhak...my friend Marley just played the Brahms with one of his students and he (Itzhak) showed up backstage...
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.