main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2001 Fanfiction Awards Ceremony

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gandalf the Grey, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I'm back! And Gehnt, I didn't write any Fanfics, but I'm still here.

Lu: Darn, I****ar's thingy didn't win. Ah well. What are the next awards luitenant?
    Luitenant: well, there was this Lady Vader thingy, and then there was that fancy Strands of time doohikey, and then there was another thing by Bii-Lee.
    Lu: Oh goody, we haven't read any of those.
    Soldier: I read the first line of the Time doohikey!
    Lu: good for you, and I thought my men were morons. Well, I guess that means our vote goes to the Doohikey! GO DOOHIKEY!

2. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Congratulations to all the winners! Now, were are all the ladies at?

Notices the SMOOCH table. Ambles over.

Well hello there, ladies! May I join you for a drink on this wonderful evening, where we are united as one, for the same reason:

FAN FICS RULE!!

Oh yea, I'm buying!

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    DOOHIKEY FOREVER! :) That's so funny.

I think it's time for another SOTTOT excerpt. Seriously, there's so much good stuff to choose from!

4. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I know Veng, It's just said I don't get an award for most fanfics not written :)

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry, but there's no official SMOOCH table yet. There is a NSSO table. ::Drags out Darth Vader.::

Vader: Come to the Dark Side!

6. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    Lu:eek:h come now Fluke, we're the soldiers, we need the ladies'... erm, comfort more than you do. Boys, because Flukes paying, order anything and go on down to the Smooch table. Taylor and I need some time alone.
    Soldiers: Yes sirr!
    ::Soldiers walk over to SMOOCH table and push fluke aside.::

EDIT: WHEN IS THE MEXT WINNER GONNA BE ANOUNCED? I WANNA SEE IF DOOHIKEY WON ONE!

7. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    interesting army you are gathering

8. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Well, I guess there's a S.M.O.O.C.H. table, now...

*Qwi, member of S.M.O.O.C.H., raises an eyebrow at Fluke and Veng. Also Agent 32 of K.E.P.P., Assistant Doctor of Cloning and creator of horrific viruses, she fingers her lightsaber and vile of deathly poison while she watches the guys for any sudden movements.*

9. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    *runs in, lifting her black, flowing dress to avoid stepping on it*

What'd I miss?

*notices she lost the Best Humor category*

Oh, blaster bolts.

*sits at a table, sipping a martini and awaiting the results anxiously. Spies the SOTTOT table and waves, then glances at the SMOOCH table and waves*

10. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    *Stays sitting the the back row in her pajamas, the toilet paper still sticking to the bottom of her slipper. Patiently awaits the next award.*

11. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    Immagine Sgt. Gilmartin, but with guns. WE're part of the NRAF, we're important cause against the Vong. We're lead by Rieekan for crying in loud! Now excuse me, I mut finish my... erm... business with Taylor
    ::Closes curtain::

12. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    *releases her hold on her virus to wave back to Fruity, then quickly glances back at Veng and Fluke to make sure they're not pulling anything tricky*

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    :( Poor Fruity. I actually wanted you to win.

14. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Hey, there's always next year, right? I'm working on a bunch of other fics right now, so maybe they'll get nominated.

Bring on the awards! :D

15. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    *glares at Fluke*

I'm sorry, but as head of SMOOCH, I'll have to refer you to our only male member, DarthLothi, for permission to be here. :D

16. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    I won't try anything, I've got Taylor... excuse me... ugh... you should be more worried about my men!

17. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    Runs in thread wearing blue velvet spaghetti strap dress. One straps hangs dangerously low as she dashes to SOTTOT table and attempts to slip in unnoticed...without success

Um... Hi Girls! Sorry I'm late... damn work. BUT WE WON! HORRAY!!!! :D :D :D

stands up to make incredibly late acceptance speech.

"You like me, you really like me!" --Sally Field. :p

No, seriously. Thanks to all my fellow coauthors, I'm honored to be able to write with you all. You have truely amazing talent. Special thanks to AQ, who had the ingenius idea in the first place. What an imagination. :) And BIG HUGS to all the people that vote for the fic. It's for you that we write. :D

AM! You won you won! Take a bow! :D

Congrats to all the Winning fics! sends roses to authors

looks around to see angry stares. Alright! shutting up now! :D

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Uhoh, led by Rieekan. Um, VC, don't read TOH. You won't like what I do to him. You definitely won't like it...

19. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    Sorry, Fluke, old chum, they're spoken for.

20. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    Oh da--darn. Oh well.
    I see Mr. Lothi aren't doing anything to my men, especially because they're doing nothing and just drinking.

21. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    *snorts*

Fluke, you flirt.

*rolls eyes and sips her martini (which I successfully snuck out of my parent's beverage cabinet [face_devil] *

22. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    *walks in minus the fanfare and wearing a plaid tuxedo... He feels incredibly out of place next to all the Fan Fic giants, after all, he had just gotten his 100th post THIS MORNING!... He sees DarthIshtar and is glad that she won... He waves to Darth_Fruitcake and Qui-Xux, who either didn't notice him, or were fearing for their reputations... He's sad that DF didn't win best Humor, but GtG deserved it too... Maybe by next year, he'd have a fic worth being nominated... Maybe... But mostly, he never started anything, just worked on it... Like with Qui on Fortunately and Unfortunately.... Oh well, it still kicked... He sat alone at a table in the back...*

Congrats to all the winners!

23. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Calls in entire Imperial fleet.

Big mistake, Rebel scum. I am the Captain of the SSD Executor.

Says something in comlink. Suddenly, the Rebel soldiers are taken away. Turns back to where all the ladies are gathered.

Now, ladies, can I get you a drink, or anything else?

24. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    And the winner is?

[Opens the envelope slowly, carefully unfolds the paper contained within]

Hmmm. Interesting. Most interesting.

Looks like you?ll have to edit the title again AngelQueen, because Strands of Time, Test of Time! With more votes for ?Best Original Character fic? than any other fic had votes, period, SOTTOT picks up another piece of hardware. Congrats!

And now, there remains only one more award to be given out. This one came right down to the wire, almost literally. Voting was relatively heavy in this category, Amidala_Skywalker, Padawan Di-Lee and Jedi Galadriel were certainly in the running, but it came down to a three horse race. One person had a marginal lead for most of the voting, but it wasn?t until the very end that that person finally pulled ahead of the other two by a single vote. I repeat, this was close.

The Best Author Award, as voted for by you, the JC Fanfiction community, will go to one of three people.
    Will it be Clarus , author of Soldiers Dance, Of Burdens and Choices and Dante?s Prayer?
    Will it be DarthIshtar , co writer of Strands of Time: Test of Time and Ruins of Love, author of such fics as The Other Half and From my Arms to Yours?
    Or will it be Gandolf the Grey , author of Dark Mirror and the Day in the Life of? comedy series?

The votes have been tallied and the prize is ready. Will DarthIshtar get another birthday present? Did Clarus get enough votes to finally pull ahead of the competition? Will your stunningly handsome host award himself the most coveted prize of them all?

You are minutes away from the answer. [face_devil]

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Rips the Zsenji needles from her hair and hurls them at Fluke. They hit him just in the solar plexus.::

Bring back the rebels and we'll consider you.

Rebels are cuter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.