2001 Fanfiction Awards Ceremony

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gandalf the Grey, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Veng_Commando Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats Miss Ishatar wanna shoot me, ok, I don't care.
    We Taped this all for Captain Katarn, so he'll see everyhting. This was fun, can't wait till next year so I could win something.
  2. Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Master

star 4
    *leaps in the air, Matrix-style, and kicks out her feet*

ISH WON!!! ISH WON!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs everyone in sight*

SHE WON, SHE WON, SHE REALLY WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. jade_angel Jedi Master

star 4
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISH!!!

Yeesh too much shouting... but ah well...

AND CONGRATS!!!!
  4. LadyKenobi Force Ghost

star 3
    AHHHHHH!!! Jumps up and down in excitement and hugs Ish.

Congratulations honey!!!! Ah! I can't believe I co write with the award winning Best Author. WOO! :) Awesome Ish, truly awesome. hand Ish big bundle of roses. SPEECH! :D

5. Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Speech! Speech!

ISHTAR! ISHTAR! ISHTAR!

I'm a co-author with a famous person!
  6. Veng_Commando Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, time for me to go to bed. ah well. I was gonna do a little show for you, and a tiny slapstck to how my story begins... but I've got to sleep. Buenos Noches east coast and Hapopy Birthday, congrats, and everyhting else to Ish.

Lu: C'mon men, lets go show Captain Katarn the video, especially the Fluke part...
  7. Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Master

star 4
    Di-Lee offers a big round of applause to all the winners and nominees as well.

And thank you, Gandolf, for moderating the voting and putting on such a wonderful award show. :)
  8. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    All right, Ish! Congrats! (And happy birthday!)
  9. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    ::Throws her arms around Ewan, then Fluke, then SOTTOT co-auths, then Gandolf, then salutes Clarus, wherever she is. Grabs the box of tissues that she left in her purse, just in case, and runs for the stage, trying not to scream.::

Darn it, you people, I'm about to burst into tears in the middle of the Lee Library!

Well...

::Unfolds the little piece of paper with her speech on it with trembling hands.::

I'll quote a great person, namely MzAmythestCrow, who once said: "Oh...my.....GOD!....Oh...my.....GOD!....Oh...my.....GOD!....Oh...my.....GOD!....Oh...my.....GOD!....Oh...my.....GOD!.... Oh...my.....GOD!.... Ish...... ISH!!!!!! THIS IS THE.....GOD!!!! The....the.... I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!"

Hold on.

::Grabs tissue and blows nose.::

Okay, I'm going to calm down and say my piece now.

Thank you the voters for your faith in me.

To Gandolf for running this circus!

To my readers for your patience with me.

To my betas for your continued good humor.

To my co-authors on SOTTOT for their genius, without which I could never have written that.

To Mely who keeps me focused.

To Am who keeps me laughing.

To Lothi and J-J who are always there to listen so I can end each day on a high note.

To Ti. Yes, she's a fictional character, but she is so worth mentioning in any circle. Shameless plug for ATWP, I know. My apologies.

To my computer for staying on.

To my parents for paying for the computer.

To God for giving me the hands, the brains, and the strange sense of humor that has brought me here tonight.

THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Master

star 4
    *applauds, whistles, anything else she can think of*

Yea! Good speech!!!

*realizes the awards are over, and notices everyone standing up to leave*

Hmm.

*spies Darth Vader, who was dragged in by DarthIshtar earlier, and smiles*

Hey, Master!

*Vader glances over*

Want to go get a soda to celebrate? Maybe help me write a post for one of my many stories? My treat.

*Vader shrugs. The two walk off, laughing and talking*

*Fruity pauses; turns back*

Hey, everyone!

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  11. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Lol, Fruity. So, my date goes back to his wife and two kids. "Oh where oh where shall I ever find another?"
  12. Melyanna Jedi Master

star 4
    So, Ish, you've just won best author of the year. What are you going to do next?
  13. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Storm Skywalker Ranch with a copy of ATWP, hold GL hostage until he converts it into Episode 3, then go and write ROL. But I won't leave Skywalker Ranch until GL sees ROL and publishes it, under Mely's name.

Just kidding.

I personally, am going to do homework, then get something sickeningly sweet to eat, since I still haven't eaten dinner, and go to bed.
  14. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    RM looks in the door and sees the cleaning crew start working around Darth Ishtar's Birthday Party.

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees. You all deserve a round of applause.

Thanks to all who voted for my fic, Shackled Pastin the Romance Category.
    This excerpt is from Ch. 7.
    In their hotel suite, Luke leaned on the railing of the balcony, watching the sunrise. It still seemed odd to him that a planet could have only one sun. The red-gold orb crawled out of the pit of darkness, bringing forth warmth and light. He observed the shadows as they ran from the brightness. He breathed in the freshness of the morning air. A peko peko flew by, its leathery wings stretched taut. Luke could see a tag on its leg, identifying it as a domesticated pet. As it fluttered off in the distance, Luke's attention was drawn to a sound behind him. Twisting his head, he saw that it was Mara.

She had just gotten out of the shower. Her hair was still up in a towel. "Good morning, Luke."

He smiled at her. "Good Morning. Breakfast is on its way up. You're hungry, I?"

"Can feel it. I know, I know." Mara laughed.

The buzzer rang and the announcing chime sang out room service. Luke got up and said, "I'll get it."

A few minutes later, they were both seated at the small dinette table, eating a tasty avian egg dish. Mara spoke first. "Luke, can we go home?"

"Home?"

Mara took a breath. "Yes. I've been here longer than I ever thought I would be. I know you needed to get the datadiscs and since Sio gave you the copies of everything they had cracked, I thought that maybe we could leave."

Luke looked at her for a moment. He had been so involved in his research, he had neglected to think of Mara's feelings. He didn't want to make that kind of mistake again. "Sure. We can leave today."

A smile spread on her radiant face. "Thank you."

She got up from her place and came over to sit on Luke's lap. "I have one request."

She wrapped her slender arms around his shoulders. He put his hands on her hips and then kissed her lips. "And what is that request?"

"That I get to be the pilot." She grinned and began to nibble on his ear.

He scrunched his head, trying to get her loose from his ear. "Mara, that tickles."

She pulled back and looked into his deep blue eyes. She gave him a devious smile then moved her hands to her hips. "Tickles? I'll give you tickles."

She immediately set her fingers to work tickling his ribs. He tried to get away but only succeeded in landing on the ground. Mara came down on top of him with a thud. "Oof. Mara, you okay?"

Mara was on her hands and knees above him. The towel had fallen from her head and her gorgeous wet hair cascaded down the sides of her face, framing her beauty. Luke was so mesmerized that he didn't notice the cold drops that landed on his chest. He reached up to stroke her cheek when he noticed the glint in her eye. Her lips twisted and she said, "I'm okay, but you might not be."

She leaned down and smothered his mouth with hers. Although fervently enjoying the kiss, he was beginning to get dizzy from lack of oxygen. However, he reluctantly let her pull away. Soon, he ran his quivering fingers into her hair and pulled her back down. She kissed him quickly on the lips then went for his ear again. Mara felt triumphant at being able to get the strong, compact Jedi Master to squirm. The buzzer rang again and she heard the announcing chime. Not willing to accept the interruption, she waved her hand at the door, locking it with the Force and setting the codes for "do not disturb". An astonished Luke gaped at her. Before he could make any comment, Mara ensured his silence by taking his unresisting lips into hers.
    RM sighs that she missed yet another awards show due to Eastern Time.
  15. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    ::Applauds mercilessly.:: THis thread will be revived tomorrow when suddenly everyone else gets on.
  16. Awel Jedi Master

star 1
    YAY KAKI! *hugs*

*hugs again*

*waves Enjy (large red flag) and Larry (little one)*

I'm so proud of you!

all right, delayed reaction.
  17. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    Herman sighs that he missed Mariah's plunging neckline due to professional wrestling.
  18. Qwi_Xux Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh! :_| I had to get off and missed the end! Congratulations, Ish, what a fantastic birthday present, IMHO, of course...*waves to Peter* Sorry, Peter, I would have waved earlier...had I been here...had to sneak out, you know...*cough* Anyway, congratulations to all the winners!!!!! Thanks to Gandolf for hosting this marvelous event!!! *sniffles* That was all so lovely!
  19. Mcily_Nochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hooray, Ishy! *waves little Utah flags* You rock!
  20. ami-padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Man, I'm late!

But it's always nice to waltz into a thread...ahem, awards show, and find out that you've already won! :D

Huge thanks to everyone who voted for By the Grace of Lady Vader and The What If the Empire Sequel. And beyond huge thanks to my co-authors, JediGaladriel and Alderaan21 on Lady Vader, and Darth Pipes on What if the Empire for turning me into an award-winner. ;)

Woo-hoo! :D
  21. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    WOOHOO! LET'S HEAR IT FOR AMI-PADME AND LADY VADER!!!!!!
  22. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    Man, I'm late!

Thank you to everyone who voted the What if the Empire sequel as the best action fic. I very much appreciate it. :)

An even bigger thanks to my co-writer ami-padme for helping to make it so. The What if wouldn't have been what it was without her. Congrats on your double win, ami! :)

:D

23. Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    ::casually walks into the thread smiling, wearing a pure white silk gown, with shoes to match and a sparking diamond ring on her finger. Quickly notices that it was over and she'd been at school::

I hate these darn time differences. Oh well, I'm here a bit late but took my time to read all the thread. Congratulations certainly goes out to -

My loveable Ishie Master, you were the best and put me back in line when my fighting scenes were awful. Congratulations, I also understand you took home Best Author. What a lovely birthday present!!!

Congratualations to the winners - JG, a-p, Alderaan21, Darth Pipes, RebelMom, Gandolf, All my darling co-authors at SOT, Jedi Loren, Delight, Padawan Di-Lee and all the other (sorry if I missed any)

My, oh my, Oh my!!!!!! Sorry for causing you all those headaches Gandolf.....::hands her favourite host a packet of panadol:: I hope you feel better, thanks for the special award!!! Now getting to Best Short Category, I was up against two fantastic authors who could beat me with a flick of their hands. I can't believe it!! Force, am I shocked.

Whew, I'm glad to see that SoT came up with some many awards, hehehe. Just tell me if anybody wants another SoT excerpt! I'm ready and willing. Much thanks to, AQ, Ish, j_a, LadyK - I could never have done it without to guys..I'm so speechless at the moment. I'll try and come up with a more coherent reply later on. For now all I can say is, head to the PT - TO PARTY!

Another pile of Thanks, on it's way - Qwi (I hope your sleeping), Ish (I promise to kill Padme later), Mar (We're soooo scary), Leia (Han is yours!), Pallas (My first beta, how could I forget), TJG (Jerdin's prefectly normal), Tahiri (another beta-reader), LadyK (You inspire me), AQ (Your the one that started it all), j_a (Your scenes are massive!), Gandolf (Your such a sweety), Mel (Thanks for the first congrats), And to all the SYS readers. I hope I haven't forgotten anybody. Sorry if I have just remind me ;)

Now onto my excerpt, I'm not going to give you the whole fic. Don't want you reading 8 or 9 pages. THANKS ONCE AGAIN! Now I'm going to have to clam myself down to do two posts.....Humor and Serious.

~*~

~ You were in my dreams and my thoughts, way before we discovered love ~

~*~

It felt like forever since he'd first collapsed in a heap on the ground. But nevertheless, he knew that it had likely only been five minutes at the most. The nausea and dizziness hit him wave after wave, blurring his vision, and making him sick to the stomach whenever he tried to move. He expected to see one of the Vong soldiers spotting him and roughly picking him up to take them back to a shaper.

Strangely, he hadn't heard their footsteps for a while now. It was like they'd disappeared, but Anakin knew better than that. The Yuuzhan Vong did not give up, they kept at it until they got what they wanted; and in this case they wanted Anakin or the galaxy--either one would look good on a silver platter.

But now, Tahiri was on her way to save him. She was sometimes so predictable in her actions, and likewise with emotions. Over their bond, he could feel her pain at his injury and the sorrow at the thought of losing him. He himself thought of the wedding which maybe now would never happen. His vivid fantasies of that one day when she'd walk down the aisle in a pure white dress, were banished from his thoughts. It was useless to dwell on what was never to be, but what was to be.

They'd be united through the Force after their deaths. What more could they ask for? They only had to but think of this as a vacation and not what it really was. He lay quietly, even now more than ever. His limbs were determined to insist that he not move, so he sat there in silence, listening to the sounds of an almost dead planet.

He pressed harder into the wound, but the blood continue to flow out, staining his hand in the process. He sighed, filling his lungs with much needed air even as another wave of nausea hit him. He almost thought that he was imagi
  24. Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Marie pokes her head into the empty autitorium. Since no one's around, she decides to leave a note for anyone who stops by tomorrow:

CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners.

I wish I had time to read all the wonderful stories mentioned here.

PS: Fluke, I'm gonna tell Becca on you for flirting with all of the Smooch girls! ;)
  25. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Congratulations, DarthIshtar, I'll bet this is the best birthday present you could ever get.

And congratulations to all the other winners and nominees, too.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.