main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2001 Fanfiction Awards Ceremony

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gandalf the Grey, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    ::hurries back in:: Sith take the Darth Time Difference... :mad: I missed the best part of the show... :_|

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!! :D :D :D

::grabs a glass of champagne and holds it up::

To AQ, Am, Ish, LadyK, and JA, the AWESOME authors of SOTTOT!!! :D I'm so happy for you that TOT won TWO awards! YAY! :) May its sequel, COF, be as successful as its predecessor was... ;)

To Am, whose "See You Soon" won the best short story! :) YOU GO GIRL! [face_love] Congratulations! Your All-Knowing beta is SO PROUD of you... ;) :p

And last, but certainly not least, to ISH, who is the BEST, and I mean THE BEST fanfic writer I've ever met!!! :) GO ISH! I'm sorry that ATWP didn't win ( :( ), but you're still the best no matter what everyone else says. ;) I hope you had a wonderful birthday and God bless. :)

::drinks her champagne::

And may the Force be with us all! Forever!

---------------------------
    Oooh, I got the 200th post? :p Cool! :D

2. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Argh!!! I can't believe I missed the whole thing! Congratulations, all you wonderful winners you!

*aside to Mel* Next year! :D

3. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    Hey, congratulations, Ish! A well-deserved honor. Let me take you out to celebrate! ;)

*ducks roundhouse from Loreley*

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Grabs Lothi and hugs Loreley.:: Don't worry, we'll just be out for a few non-alcoholic drinks and dancing. I'll probably break his foot by accident, since I've already broken two noses. But I promise to get him back to you before midnight. ::Wicked grin.:; Oh, wait, that's 10 hours from now! Toodles!

5. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    [face_shocked] ISH just ran off with Lothi?? *collapses from shock*

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Lol, it's not permanent. And we were going to do it yesterday, but I had a stupid dress rehearsal for tonight's concert. ;)

7. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Hey Lothi, how about taking the whole Seraglio out? ;) :D

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ahem, Mar. We can have a Seraglio party, but Lothi is mine for the time being. Prerogative and all that.

9. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Still lying on floor, after being hit with a stunbolt, and a sharp, needlike...thingy. Twitches

Ends twitching

10. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Am, I am telling ya, Jerdin is not normal. He just gives me the wrong vibes. Not at all.

Anyways, to add to the number of my total irrelavent sayings, who wants to go skydiving? or scuba diving? or just sit staring blankly ahead?

And of course, Ewan and Hayden would be there to.

Oh yeah, and Luke or Han for those of you who fancy on the OT.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Steps on Fluke's chest to immobilize him, then rips out needle.:: You insufferable baby.

12. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    THG: What? :eek: Jerdin is not normal? :eek: :mad:

Did you hear that, Am? :( Jerdin's not normal... :eek: :( :_| :mad:

NNOOOOOO!!!! :_| :_| :_|

MY JERDIN, MINE!!!
    :D [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] :D :D ;) :p :D

P.S.: OK, Ish, you have Lothi now... :p But we definitely need a Seraglio party!!! ;) :D

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    To the Seraglio:

kirkloth: kirkloth: Mar wanted me to take the whole Seraglio, but Ish said no
    melyanna83: Selfish little *deteriorates into mumbling*. ;-)
    kirkloth: kirkloth: well, she DID win
    melyanna83: Yeah, I know, but taking the whole Seraglio would have been amusing.
    kirkloth: or deadly
    kirkloth: melyanna83: Well, seeing that Ish and your wife are involved, weapons are a possibility. ;-)
    kirkloth: lol - no, a certainty
    Kaxbyu: lol
    kirkloth: I said I was being good - sitting on my hands and not trying to get you drunk
    Kaxbyu: lol
    Kaxbyu: of course I'm selfish!

14. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    LOL, yes you are selfish, Ish... [face_laugh] ;) :D

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "Yes, I am selfish. Sometimes I sit and wonder why it is that I'm so much more self-possessed than anyone else in the whole world. Could this be vanity?"

Paraphrased from my favorite monologue--the "Yes, I am beautiful" one in the Mikado.

16. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    ACK!

I missed the freaking ceremonies!

I wanted to be here so badly... Congrats, Di-Lee, RebelMom, Ishtar, and the rest! Good work!

Now that the main ceremony is over...

::Grand_Admiral_Jaxx takes the stage and taps the microphone, and notices that everyone's at the party. He shakes off streamers from his shoulder, and balloons are still falling, despite the fact that not even the cleanup crew is here, Jaxx attempts at a shameful plug in his own story, with excalibur2358.

The story had recieved a vote as the best action story, and Jaxx humbly admits that the authors were voted best authors. Without further adieu, a shameless plug at his story, The Hand of Fate::

:D

This is one of scenes, recently posted...

So you know... Arcturus just learned how to be a sorcerer, although he still is a Jedi Knight, and Jace is a Jedi Knight, and Kelli is his girlfriend. Rudei is a man who has been stuck on that island for quite some time.

Too much gab, not enough story ;)

GAJ vaguely hopes someone reads this...
    -----

Rudei, Arcturus, Jace, and Kelli were standing amidst a rock formation, by an empty cliff. Rudei nodded
    sadly, and said, ?Well, time to prepare the evacuation.?

Arcturus turned to him and said, ?Uh, excuse me??

Jace sighed, amazed at how his usually observant friend hadn?t noticed a wee bit of an invasion army
    marching amidst the valley, towards the cliff they were at. ?Look, Turu.? Jace exaggerated his point for
    his bemused friend.

Turu turned to look, and he sighed. Sure enough, there was a huge cloud of dust rising, far off in the
    distance. ?Oh, that. Let me take care of it. Should be a piece of cake.?

Rudei grunted. ?I don?t think you understand, Lynx. Those are Valerans. Pure killers. Their wings allow
    them to fly to their prey, and their claws can rip through any metals you throw at them. Powerful Jedi you
    three might be, but not powerful enough.?

Arcturus laughed with little humor, and patted Rudei on the head as if he was a child. ?Don?t you worry,
    gramps. I?ll get rid of these big bad beasts for you.?

Rudei swatted Turu?s hand away from him and said angrily, ?Didn?t you hear what I said? They?re killers!?

Lynx waved that comment away with his hand and said, ?Yeah, well. I lead a double life. They call me
    Killer. Killer Lynx. Sometimes I?ll put on a black mask and they call me ?Darth Vader?. I decided to end
    that a ways back.?

Jace stepped in between and said, ?Enough, both of you.? He turned to Rudei, ?Look, Arcturus is pretty
    damn handy in a fight, so don?t count him out.? Then he turned to Turu, ?And you. Stop acting like a little
    kid.?

Lynx looked at him with an expression of mock hurt, ?Who, me??

?Yeah, you. Obviously, you have no respect for guys like him. He?s been battling them for decades now,
    and I think I?d appreciate his advice. It might be worth listening.?

Corsaire added, ?And guys, relax. It?ll take the Valerans a day or two before they even come within sight.
    The only thing we can see now is a lot of dust.?

Arcturus grimaced. ?Dust.? Then he grinned. ?Dust?? Arcturus immediately began walking to the end of
    the cliff, with his cape flapping in the wind and the Dia-Fire in his hand. Arcturus raised his s

17. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    *Yawn* Clap calp, bravo

Awel - you are the first person I have encountered anywhere on the forums who chose the John Williams icon also :)
    apparently, he isn't very popular.

18. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    OI! if he can do that, and He wasn'e even HERE, I can do that, And I was HERE!

AHEM, move over Jax, Lu Lorzen's here to play his Flik:
    Lu Lorzen woke up. He didn?t know why, but something said to wake up, it was not even noon. It?s not right for the average twenty-year-old man to wake up so early, especially after the party last night
    Lu Lorzen was a Hobbit. He had the pointed ears and everything. He was one of the very few to leave his home planet. He liked technology and all of the new modern things, but he still much liked his crossbow and hat. He hardly used or wore either of them, but he still loved them all the same.
    Lu got out of his bed and walked towards his dresser. He looked into the mirror and saw his hair was a mess. He combed it back into a parted wave fashion his hair liked to form. He put on the pair of pants he had worn last night during the party and a new shirt from the closet. As he left, he grabbed a hat off the coat stand. A coat stand was the only thing tall enough for the green, lekku-looking hat he had had since he had left Gengle.
    He stepped out of the room and was almost run over by Mr. Wintler, a Rodian, in his new hover chair. Mr. Wintler had fallen down the stairs and broken his leg. The medics said he would be ok, but he would need a hover chair for the next few days. For those ?next few days? Mr. Wintler had ridden his hover chair as fast and as high as he could.
    ?HEY! MR. WINTLER! COULDN?T YOU SLOW DOWN ONCE AND A WHILE?? Lu yelled at the rapidly falling Mr. Wintler. He had just run off the terrace witch marked the fourth floor. Lu peered over the railing and saw Mr. Wintler stop a hair?s length from hitting the ground. Lu sighed. Only in this building he thought.
    Borleias was a nice planet to live, especially since it?s so close to the core. The Core was the most protected portion of the galaxy now that the Yuuzhan Vong was out to take on the galaxy. He wanted so much to take them on; he?d just give them a good punch, a good kick. He demonstrated on the stairs, falling down the last few flights.
    Lu got up and brushed himself off. ?I?m ok,? he said to Mr. Wintler, who was about four meters over head. Lu shook his head and went outside. After a few guesses as where he would go, he walked down the street to the left and turned down an alleyway he had never seen before. He walked down the alley to find an old shop, the kind he usually saw in hose movies where the main character picks up some sort of magical item but when they try to return it it?s not there. Good thing this is a droid shop he thought.
    He walked in to the shop, not knowing why he pulled out his credits. He looked around the shop and saw no one. ?Hello? Anyone home? The door was open so I just came in.? Lu looked around. He looked around, under tables, on top of shelves. ?What am I doing? An owner of this kind of shop wouldn?t be under tables or on top of shelves. Hey, who am I talking to?? Lu smiled inwardly.
    ?I don?t know, strange one, who are you talking to?? said a wheezy old voice from behind the counter. Lu turned around. He saw no one behind the counter, but he knew he had heard the voice come from behind it.
    ?H-h-hello? Who?s there??
    ?Look behind the counter sonny, I?m right here.? Said the moldy old voice. Lu felt scared. He walked slowly towards the counter. He looked over the counter and sure enough there was an old, craggy, and especially tiny man behind the counter. The man hopped up on top of the counter, almost landing on Lu?s head.
    ?Aheh, aheh. What would you like to buy, hmm? I?ve got a droid here that I have had for many years, yet is still state of the art.? The shopkeeper pointed at an odd looking droid. It had three legs, two in front and one in back, two chests stacked on top of each other, and a trapezoid head melded onto the top chest. Each arm and leg had reinforced steel and looked like it could take on a Yuuzhan Vong. Lu looked closer and saw that there were two heavy laser canons hidden in the lo

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I had John Williams up, but I try to rotate my icons. Awel rocks, though. She has great taste in guys (living and not), authors (namely me and Victor Hugo), and has a wicked sense of humor. Unfortunately, she's a violinist. If only she were a violist, she might be a great person. But alas...

20. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey, I tried to be here... I was at a date [face_blush]

So I decided to make up for my lack of presence by gracing you all with a post :D

What did you think? Comments? (yes, I take criticisms, so don't be afraid)

21. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    (namely me and Victor Hugo) -- LOL, Ish! [face_laugh] Nice comparison... :p Um, have you ever tried E.M.Remarque? ;) My favorite... :p [face_love]

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, you see, Mar, me and VH intertwine thanks to a quirky project called MEEN with me, Kyra, and Anisa.

And of coure I've read Remarque! I did my entire junior term paper on All Quiet on the Western Front.

23. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    I love All Quiet on the Western Front! That's the book I've read the most, ever. I think I've read it at least 7 times. One of the best inside looks at the damnations of war. HIGHLY recommended.

24. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I second that, Fluke! ;) Although, my favorite is still "A Night in Lisabon" (I'm not sure about the title translation...) and of course "Three Camarades" (or comrades or friends or whatever...). :p :D

25. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    So, you wanna get together later and discuss Erich Maria Remarque's works over drinks and dinner? ;) [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.