main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2001 POTJ Super Deformed Figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Majik_Monkee, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Anybody remember these? They were in our stores for like two days out here and never showed up again. I read somewhere that they were a foreign design, and had only been shipped to the US in limited quantities (which explains why all the writing on the bottom of them is in unreadable foreign script). I took this to mean that they would increase in value over time, and I'd bought a couple of them just because they were cool, and wondered if they'd gone up in value any since time of purchase.

I noticed a while back ago that they'd released some of the characters again for ROTS (though only the ones that appeared in the film). So far as I can tell, the value of the 2001 releases hasn't really gone up much, and with the release of some of them for ROTS (in different packaging), as a novelty, that seems like it would probably make them a little less novel. I guess, if anything, the Boba Fett and Stormtrooper, which weren't released again, would probably be the ones worth the most, but like I said, I've seen no indication that there's much demand for these or that they've increased in value at all.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on these figures?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Are you talking about the Palm Talker figures? If so, I have the Fett. They must be more common over here because I occasionally see the Stormtrooper at Forbidden Planet. I got the Boba there quite some time ago.

3. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Yep...those are the ones...I couldn't figure out what their official name was and couldn't find them initially at Rebelscum. I have the original Vader and Threepio, which also happen to have been re-released for ROTS.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I have seen the 3PO at FP, but never the Vader. I will have to keep an eye out next time I am there.

5. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    The Vader is very cool...it's odd that he doesn't have any actual quotes, just breathing and saber noises, but he's still very cool. I'm assuming that the newer one with the ROTS line does the same things as the original I bought...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.