main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN 2001 SW Christmas Ornaments

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Salacious_Crummy, Jan 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    In what is probably the worst line up of ornaments since they got the SW license, Hallmark has announced and shown what their ornaments for this year will be. While there are a couple nice ones, overall they suck. And I hope you weren't particularly wanting ANYTHING from the original Trilogy, because you're only getting one, and that could be from TPM too. Here's the line-up:

- Electronic Sound R2-D2 (I like this one)

- Queen Amidala's Starship (Again this one is nice)

- Miniature Battle of Naboo (set of 3--Droid Control Ship, Naboo Fighter, and Droid Starfighter--a so-so choice)

- Podracer Anakin (Things are starting to get ugly, but they could be worse)

And finally, the ornament you've all been clamoring for:

- Jar Jar Binks (Its worse--plus, it isn't even particularly well sculpted)

Here's the link if you want to see the images of the ornaments for yourself. Just click on "2001 Dreambook" on the bottom half of the page, and then on "SW, Star Trek, and Harley Davidson series" (What's up with that grouping?).

http://www.hallmark.com/hmk/Website/hallmark_home.jsp

I must say, I'm really disappointed by the lack of Classic Trilogy Ornaments. No Emperor, no Lando, no Jabba, no AT-AT, etc. They still had plenty of new things to work with. Oh well. There's always 2002.

2. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Okay, I can understand lumping Star Wars and Star Trek together... but Harley Davidson?! I know there was that speeder bike scene on Endor in ROTJ, but the basis of comparison ends about there!

I liked the R2D2 one. The rest are... so-so. Sadly, I bet my girls will want the Jar Jar. Sigh...

Yes, I want more of the Original trilogy!!!

3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Although the Star Wars ornaments are lacking, the Benjamin Sisko one and the Deep Space Nine ornament are great! The Deep Space Nine station has been a design that has screamed out to be an ornament. Nice to see it finally happen.

Phil

4. republic_not_empire

republic_not_empire Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    The link didn't work for me. I was really hoping for a Lando and a Mace Windu, but I can't do anythiung about it.

5. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Yes you can. Use thread and your regular action figures to make your own. It works best if you go under their arms. Attaching thread around the next looks too nooselike. For a superior SW angel, use the 12 inch Leia. Secure her to the top with fishing line wrapped around her legs and the tree. Her dress will cover up the filament.

A couple months too late or 10 months too early.

6. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Tying up Leia. Hmmmmmmmm..............

Oh sorry, my mind wandered a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.