main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL 2002 Best Scene in Movie...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rex_Karrde, Feb 27, 2003.

?

2002 Best Scene in Movie...

Poll closed Mar 29, 2003.
  1. AOTC - Yoda facing Count Dooku

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. LOTR - Golum’s Split Personality

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. SINGS - Alien walking through during Mexican B-Day party

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. AOTC – Sound of music scene (Anakin & Padme at the hill)

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
  2. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    it was a hard choice between Yoda/Dooku & the Golum scene. I been waiting to see Yoda fight since I was 10 years old, but that scene with Golum was awsome, so I flip a quarter.

Anyway, if you have any other scene that you think deserves mentioning; feel free and post them.

3. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Yoda was awesome, hands down the best.
    That scene in Signs was good though, when he's yelling Vamanos I cracked up. Me and my cousin were the only ones laughing in the thearte, boring crowd.

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    From those choices, I chose Gollum's split personality, just slightly over Dooku Vs. Yoda....

...However, personally, my favorite 2002 movie scene, in an otherwise bland movie mind you, was in Road to Perdition where Tom Hank's character mowed down Paul Newman and his cohorts with a tommy gun in the pouring rain. I just thought that was beautifully done.

5. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    gollum all the way!!! why? gollum looks considerably more believable than yoda. the voice and physicality of the character was breathtaking. his movements and facial expressions were like something ripped from my mind as i read the books and thrown on screen. simply stunning.

i didnt get the same impression from the yoda dooku face off. it felt both rushed and forced(no pun intended). plus it was way too fast. you couldnt even figure out what was going on. a blur of green and its over!

and what movie is sings? ;)

6. MrShiny

MrShiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    And it was a Brazilian birthday party in Signs...

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, and just for the record, that scene alone scared the crap out of me for more than 2 weeks. I refused to go downstairs alone after it was dark if no one else was downstairs.

8. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I just want to say again how much I loved the Yoda scene. Was he a little green blur, yes. But that wasn't the cool part. The cool part was when Dooku was going to finish off Anakin and Obi-Wan and then you heard the taptap of Yoda's cane. The cool part was when Yoda deflected the lighting. The cool part was when Yoda took the lighting, and scrunched it down into a little ball and made it disappear. "Much to learn have you." Awesome!
    As for Signs, that it was a Brazilian birthday party made that part even funnier to me. After all, he's yelling Vamanos, which is Spanish, but in Brazil they speak Portugese. So they wouldn't have necessarily understand him anyway.
    Signs was scary in the thearte, but not afterward. Scream was the movie that scared me during the movie and afterward. Space aliens attacking is not a real life concern to me, but some psycho Jeffery Dalmer type is.

9. The Lurker

The Lurker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 1999
    This is a tough call.

First of all, I never saw the movie SINGS although I've heard good things about it :p

The sound of music scene in AOTC was ummm... how shall i put this... sickeningly sweet/super hokey - for lack of better words.

The Yoda vs. Dooku scene was very cool, different than anything we'd ever seen from Yoda before. I remember everyone at McClurg laughing and cheering through that scene...

I thought the Gollum scene was very well done. I wondered how they would pull that off in the movie and thought they did an excellent job - much better than what I expected. Therefore I cast my vote for the Gollum scene.

I would also like to remind all of you that there is an election for the Pres/Vice Pres of the JC going on right now. Being a Chicagoan and a member of the Blue Yoda Society (there are actually two Chicagoans posting in our group ;) ) I would like to ask all of you to support our candidates Darth_Envy & Leonard_Shelby. In any event, please be sure to vote, regardless of who it's for - link in my sig ;)

10. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Space aliens attacking is not a real life concern to me..."

I have a very vivid imagination. :p

11. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    If you had the Battle of Helms Deep as a choice, it would top them all.

12. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    I had to cast just one vote for the meadow - just for the dress!
    otherwise.......I cannot decide!
    Reb

13. ElijahFan9

ElijahFan9 Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2003
    Without a doubt, the best scene, in my opinion, was the Gollum scene. (And all other Elijah Wood scenes, of course. [face_love])

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.