main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN 2002 Indiana Microbrewers Festival for the Indianapolis Humane Society

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Sebulba-X, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    August 24, 2-6 PM
    Northside Optimist Club Opti Park (66th and College)

I believe you can still get tickets, just the Indianapolis Humane Society page for information.

My wife and I will be there for a little while. Hopefully the weather will be better than it was last year. Anyhow, it's a good time tasting all the different brews and the variety of live music is usually pretty good.

"Beer.....Beer is my ally."

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    [homersimpson]"Mmmmm....beer."[/homersimpson]

That was some mighty fine beer I had last year.

3. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    OMG! Indy is finally cool. :)

Wish I could go, but my wallet says no.

4. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    "but what does your heart tell you"

5. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    That Incom is the sexiest man alive.

Somehow, I don't think that has much to do with me attending a beerfest.

6. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    You drive down and I will pay for you to get in.

7. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    If you drive down & Incom pays your way in, I'll buy you all the beer you can drink once you get inside. ;) I'll even get you a Beerfest tasting glass that you can take home with you...probably some pieces of bread to eat while you're in line.

Seb-X = Big spender [face_laugh]

8. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    If JJ drives down we should have an IK contingnency go to the shindig- you know, so he doesn't feel all lonely. And since we'll be there anyway, we might as well taste some brew, eh?

You should come down JJ! I missed meeting you at CII and it saddened my heart greatly.

:_|

9. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    So, QK: If you were sad to not meet JJ at C2, would actually meeting him bring warm feelings to your heart? Or would he have to survive an explosion on a landing platform first. I just don't know what kind of stuff goes on at these beer festivals besides generalized imbibing and fuzzy but fond memories. :)

Anyway, it sounds like an interesting event. My question is this.: Is there anything for the non-beer drinker? Just curious. I can always hope. :)

10. TK-616

TK-616 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Shut it gepper. I've had enough of your flowerchild ways.

DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP UP THE TOWN!!!!!!!!!!

PUKE!!!!!!!!!!

AND DRINK SOME MORE!!!!!!!!!

RAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tk

11. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    This event sucks for the non-drinker...your ticket's a few $ cheaper, but that's only because you don't get a tasting glass. The basic setup is two huge tents with a 100 or so different breweries set up with anywhere from 1-5 beers available...you stand in line, get what accounts for about a large swig or two in your glasses and you drink it on your way to the next line. Usually the lines only last a minute or two...a slow start, but after 15-20 you start coasting.

Like I said, there's live music about with a new band about every 45 min to 1 hour. There's a few food stands that would sell lemonade or soft drinks.

The park is just north of the main drag of BR on College. The park is on the right (east) side, but you have to park over in the neighborhood on the left (west) side.

The kicker of it all...a humane society event with no pets allowed. [face_laugh]

12. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Thanks for the love, all, but I will have to pass. I just realized I'll be helping my neighbor with his DJ biz on Sat.

So I'll be helping people get up and get funky with some hip fly dog muzak, home...er.....diggies. Peace, y'all and all that, man. Umm......Right on! Groovy. Far out. Sit on it, Potsie.

I am so tragically hip.

13. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    While I was not going to dignify TK with a response, I would like to know what makes me a flowerchild? I think the flowerchildren-type folks did plenty of drinking, and plenty of other stronger substances too...or so I've heard.
    Anyway, I guess it's not meant for the non-drinker. Such is life. I still support the Humane Society part. I hope a good time is had by all!

14. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    So who all is going? I need another glass :D Those are so cool

15. Elven_Jedi

Elven_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    I'll go, Im all about the sippedy sip. Down'in Dakeries, Bottom uppen the bear, Drinkin the Daniels, chuggen the muggens, pitten the pinets, gullpen the gallons, and all that good stuff. *insert manly grunt here*
    Oh yeah I tell yah, I drink all the time, I rule these.................bear meets. Oh yeah, *insert another manly grunt*.

Ok, Ive never even tasted bear, im not over 21, I would probebly get drunk faster than a.............. really fast. And I dont even have my liscens.

BUT IF DID, AND WAS, AND COULD, AND WOULDNT!!!!! IDE BE THERE!!!!!!!

*insert another manly grunt*

16. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Although I do like ya Elven_Jedi, I just don't see a "manly grump" coming from someone named Elven_Jedi with Aayla Secura as his avatar.

Although I'm a decently feminine woman who has Obi-Wan as hers, but he's hot! :D

17. Elven_Jedi

Elven_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Hey, Aayla is a mega babe, respectivly said of course, but a mega babe none the less. And we Elves grunt like none other. Tim Allen has nothing on me *manly man grunt*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.