main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2003-04 Football Season Trash Talking Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Priest-Homely

Priest-Homely Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2003
    Don't worry about it kid. Go eat some chicken and stars or something.

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I certainly don't have a problem with 'em kickin' KC's boo-tay...

3. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    In fact, it appears that the time off really helped Jake from a sideline, analytical standpoint, and ultimately helped him understand Shanahan's game plan as a whole. Whoa, that was deep. ;)

and my boy has a broken wrist! Dude, you can't say that, it'll give people the wrong idea! 8-} Now me on the other hand... [face_mischief]

On the down side, without Jake to throw to his receivers, they've gotten a bit rusty, most notably Lelie. Hey now. That's one of my boys you're talking about. But yeah, I was a bit angry with him. My other boy Eddie Mac made an awesome catch tho... :D

*SB*

4. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Sorry, Ash, didn't mean to dis your boy there. Sad but true. If you don't throw to 'em, eventually even the best WR becomes little more than an expensive blocker...

5. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    Yeah, but he better get his act together soon, or he's going to loose his status as my boy and he'll disgrace the good name of Ashley. ;)

*SB*

6. Priest-Homely

Dec 8, 2003
    and my boy has a broken wrist! Dude, you can't say that, it'll give people the wrong idea! Now me on the other hand...

er...what are you going to do on the other hand? I don't think he can play with TWO broken wrists!

7. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    8-} You shmu!

*SB*

8. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I dunno, maybe that's what happened to his thumb?

Way to take one for the team, Ash!

9. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Broncos and da Browns at 2:05 MST.

Be there or be...somewhere else...

GO BRONCOS!!!!

10. Priest-Homely

Dec 8, 2003
    12-2. KC laid the smackdown on the Lions.

11. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    MY BOY SAVED THE GAME!!! :D :) [face_love]

*SB*

12. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Today redemption was spelled L-e-l-i-e :)

13. Priest-Homely

Dec 8, 2003
    Will Denver make the playoffs?

Miami plays Philly tomorrow night and only has to beat the Jets and Bills after that. I'll take Philly tomorrow, but Miami should be able to beat both the Jets and the Bills without much problem.

Denver has Indy and GB left to play, both on their own turf, and both of which are tough teams to beat (especially at home).

However if it comes down to a tied record, Denver has the playoff slot since they have a better AFC record than Miami can get even with 2 more conference wins.

Trailing behind them is Cincinnati and Baltimore, who if they won their last two, and Denver and Miami lose their last two, would be fighting for the spot. Baltimore could possibly pull it out, but like Miami, they'd have to win the overall record since their conference record sucks. Cincy is in the same boat, but would also have to beat St. Louis. Which I don't see happening, but with Cincy, you never know. They are the upset queens after all.

I think Tennessee fits in here somehow, but since I hate them almost as much as the broncos, I don't care to think about them right now.

Did I miss anything?

14. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, that game was certainly a nail-biter. Overall, Cleveland's not much of a team, but when they come up with 4 or 5 big plays, that's all it takes sometimes.

Broncs really got in their own way though, with 11 penalties. I'm trying to remember the last time a team had 10+ penalties, and still WON?

Seemed to me that they played it waaaaaay too safe, or conservatively from the beginning. Whereas Cleveland was throwin' everything they had at us.

Nice to see Lelie gettin' his game back. Not sure what was holdin' Rod back though, other than tight coverage.

Still not sure why they didn't kick the FG earlier in OT. Now, with Portis out with an ankle/knee sprain or whatever, Indy & the Pack are gonna be that much more difficult.

The final 4th qtr., and subsequent OT drives really capture what we're capable of as a team. Now, if we can just harness that potential throughout an entire game, we have a chance. The 2nd KC game was a perfect example of what we can truly accomplish, if our heads are in it.

GO PHILLY!!!!

15. SandyShortsTusken

SandyShortsTusken Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2003
    Uh, somebody remind me. When is the date for this season's Superbowl?

16. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    February 1, 2004 Reliant Stadium, Houston, Texas.

17. Priest-Homely

Dec 8, 2003
    well, miami screwed the pooch tonight...good news for you guys. guess it'll come down to the last two games between miami, tenn, and denver. I'm not even gonna pay attention to cincy and baltimore unless all 3 of those teams lose their last two.

18. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    I give Denver less a chance of winning either of their last two games than me walking through a wall!

I hate to say it folks 9-7 doesn't earn you a playoff birth!

19. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Well then, I guess you'd better dust off your helmet in preparation for being PUT through that wall.

I will concede that 9-7 will not get us into the playoffs, however I don't see us finishing 9-7. At this point, I think 10-6 is more realistic.

Indy is doubtful. They're playing very strongly, and based on their most recent performance, I would say that they are defending the run extremely well these days. Although with Portis questionable, perhaps this will improve our air attack.

Green Bay though, I think we can pull that one off. Favre's still not at 100% yet, and if their recent loss at Detroit, and their shoddy play against the Bears (we should talk, though) gives a decent barometer of their capabilities these days, I think we can do it. Of course, playing in Green Bay is never a heartening experience.

It's time for us to step up and show our mettle!

With Portis possibly out due to his sprains, Indy might get real, real ugly, real fast.

At least Philly won...

20. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    My general Donovan has put aside his ego, worked through his injuries, and he's been leadin' from the front! And how 'bout the way Reid has brought the team up to speed......now they've got both Pro corners back in the line-up and the whole team seems very stoked! With nine wins in a row, they're still makin' me a very happy lifelong fan.......that game against Miami was full of problems, but they just kept comin' on like a freight-train.........I'm so proud....*sniff*

21. Priest-Homely

Dec 8, 2003
    don't get me wrong, I really like Philly, and I don't really like Miami...but I was cheering for Miami last night ;)

22. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
  23. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Well, I am a huge Miami fan, and rooted for Philly last night. Da Broncos will always be my number 1. [face_love]

24. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    I admire any fan of any team that is a die-hard fan through thick and thin!!!! Individual players come and go, but certain teams have an aura, something that keeps the homefires lit.......for me and the Eagles, they seem to always be knockin' the snot outta the best the NFL has, no matter the season, no matter how bad the Eagles' record itself may be. They always seem to be ready for a knock-down drag-out at least with the big dogs......especially if it's in the big dogs' backyard......that's why I like 'em. Even now, nobody see's them as the big dog, just the scrappy 'heinz 57', frothin' arse mad-dog that don't know when to quit........I really like that!

25. Dantes-Hell

Dantes-Hell Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2003
    yeah, all i see is nfl analysts gushing over how well the patriots and rams are playing... and many think it'll be them in the big bowl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.