main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2003-04 Football Season Trash Talking Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    ^ best finish i ever saw. that has to be the absolute worst way to lose a game. [face_laugh]

2. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    [nelson munson]HAA HAAAAA!![/nelson monson]

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    It was the Ray Finkle tragedy all over again.

4. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Thanx for that Sean Young visual there, AHPR.

What an amazing way to LOSE a game, by missing the extra point immediately following a 75-yd, 3-lateral play. What an incredible play!!!

...only to lose the game...

The Saints are what, 7-8 now? Ouch...

5. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Oh, and musn't forget the Bronx TROUNCIN' the Colts in THEIR house!!!!!

Now, that was some Broncos football!

I thought we were gonna bury ourselves with penalties again, but the rest of our play was so outstanding that all it really did was limit the amount of points that we put on the board.

Special Teams FINALLY stepped up and made a play!!!!

Jake's really starting to show what he's capable of. Quentin Griffin stepped up and did an excellent job of pounding the ball in. Lelie finally got some serious focus and came through for us in a big way. Our Defense stepped up and put some serious pressure on Peyton. Hopefully they can continue that w/Favre this Sunday.

Speaking of Fav-ruh, man did he put a world of hurt on the Raiders last night!!! Dang! Gotta give it to him, playin' like that after just losin' his Dad.

So, who thinks that Mike's gonna throw our B-squad at the Pack? We definitely need to remain injury-free going into the playoffs, but by the same token, we also need momentum, and some of our guys are just now findin' their rhythm.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

6. darthOB1

Mar 22, 2000
    Man I hope not.

momentum going into the playoffs is a very good thing.

7. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Definitely.

Oh, and DOB1, how do you like your Crow served?

Flambais? Fricasee? Ka-bob? Over easy?

8. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Oh, and just to fuel the fire, what a disastrous week for Kansas football fans. First, Minnesota whomps on da Chiefs, then NC State blasts Kansas in the Tangerine Bowl 56-26!!!!

Oh well, at least Cory has his family to look forward to...

9. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, You know that I'm a K-State fan, right? (I thought the wildcat hat that was glued to my head for so long would be a dead giveaway). This means that I am MORE THAN HAPPY to see Kansas LOSE their bowl game. Kansas sucks. Kansas STATE all the way!

yeah, the chiefs lost. Green played like absolute ass. Holmes was so frustrated that every time he scored a td, he slammed the ball instead of doing his dance. Hall got hurt. Kennison was doing extremely well on the returns, but then they had some guy off the bench come in and he friggin fumbles it.

The refs severely raped KC on 2 occasions. I hate to sound like a Broncos fan, but the refs made a huge difference in this game by making terrible calls and killing KC's momentum when they were coming back.

Priest still had a good game, but again, Leon can't do everything!

If Green gets back into his game, Hall gets better, and Priest keeps doing what he's doing, we should be fine in the playoffs. Also if they Defense can do what they were doing earlier in the season with the takeaways, KC's chances improve greatly.

I have no delusions though, their chances at the bigbowl are slim, especially if their defense doesn't step up, but like I said before, next season everyone better watch out. KC just needs to make some changes to their defense (ie get more than 3 or 4 players on D that don't suck), and they will be a friggin powerhouse.

10. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey, they're all dustbowl teams to me. I would agree though, that KC needs a D.

11. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Congrats to the Broncs! That Saints' loss was just plain pathetic...and after such a good, penalty-free effort to make the score.

"Oh, that's just not right!!!!"

12. darthOB1

Mar 22, 2000
    Hey S_S

look back on the last page I already ate it.

No one gave me any seasoning though!

:(

13. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, you can wash it down with some CHEESE this Sunday...

14. darthOB1

Mar 22, 2000
    HA!

We'll see.

If the Broncs can win this game, I think we might have a legitimate shot at winning the whole enchilada!

However if they loose. They will not make it past the AFC championship!

15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    i'm banking on the fact that the defense will come to play again this sunday. if that happens, the pack won't be able to keep up with us.

16. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    OB1, I don't know why you would judge our chances based on a game we have absolutely nothing to gain by winning.

All of the ITNFL guys picked GB, not based on thinking we couldn't win, but because they felt we would and should be resting our first team and GB needs to win.

17. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    GO PACK!!!!!!

My only concern is that they seem to have trouble stepping up in games they are "supposed" to win.....

18. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Next week is now set, Indy and Tenn both won, so we're going back to Indy next week.

This game now no longer matters to us in any way other than the potential for injury.

Indy will be tough, even though we beat them, they will now be more prepared for us than another team might have been, but i'd probably rather play them than Baltimore, I just think that would be a really tough game.

Not that any of the teams in the playoff are gonna be easy.

19. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Well...I can at least say i'm happy for Cyodarun :)

Your Pack had an angel on their shoulders with that last second Arizona win.

20. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Yes Michael, I believe they did.......... :)

21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    yeah, i'm glad we're playing indy next week. i have a strong feeling we'll show them up once again in their house. :D

if that happens, we'll be playing the pats for the rights to the afc championship game. again i think we can win, but we'll have to play mistake free football.

here's hoping for a great playoff run!

22. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    so Pats play the winner of indy/denver and KC plays the winner of baltimore/tenn?

Looks like KC won't meet up with Denver again this year then. If KC beats Tennessee (who will beat baltimore), they'll be playing the Pats in the AFC Championship. If Broncos can swing another one in Indy, they're going to get rolled like a burrito by the Pats.

My pick: New England over Philly in the bigbowl.

23. darthOB1

Mar 22, 2000
    OB1, I don't know why you would judge our chances based on a game.........

Well, first of all, if you have to "rest" up your 1st string players, then you are a banged up team.

Good teams roll through the competition!
    They also roll into the playoffs with momentum behind them.

Mike made a calculated descision. I do belive that they do have a chance against the Colts, but like was said before, the Pats are going to roll right through them.

UNLESS they can muster up some balls and play like a championship team!

I for one don't think they are there yet...

24. CHUNK

CHUNK Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2003
    I dont know I think the broncos heads are a little big going back in to indy. indy has that "TROUNCIN" fresh in mind and they will most certinaly be looking to make an exapmle out of the broncos. after all they know the game plan, hand off to portis. shut down portis and denver is dead in the water.If they do make it past indy the pats will killthem and then loose to Kc in the chapmionship. KC will pull it out to the end.

on a side note at least the raiders got 2 pick in the draft. way to go raiders. sorry bunch of @#$%^@@^# ^#$%@&&&$%&^@#$%!!!!

25. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    so Pats play the winner of indy/denver and KC plays the winner of baltimore/tenn?

well the pats (#1) will play the lowest seed of the 4 teams that play in the first round. if denver wins, we get the pats. if not, the winner of the tenn/baltimore game gets the pats.

don't undermine what shanahan did yesterday. he has a history of doing this in week 17 when the game doesn't affect their playoff implications. denver will be ready on sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.