main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN 2003 Advertising

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TC517, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    For the new year we will need to start getting the word out better about the club.
    Some things we need to do include replacing existing ads at Comic Quest and around town, placing ads at Barnes & Noble (maybe even go as far as to place an individual flyer in each Star Wars book), and giving everyone a few flyers to post at a grociery store or anywhere else they can think of.

I won't be at the next meeting so we can talk about it in February or Book Club. Hopefully we can use the new logo. :)

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I've got the business cards version 2.0 ready. I'll have them at the next meeting and the Feb. meeting (as well as book club).

Someone could hand stuff out at all the big Sci-fi/fantasy events of the year (mostly movies: DD, X2, T3, etc.).

I'll even see if I can sneak one up on the front door at Showplace. [face_mischief]

3. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    If anyone is going to any sci-fi or gamming cons in the area, be sure to take a stack of cards or flyers to pass out.

~H~

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Okay, I printed ten sheets of the cards and took them to BN.

I underestimated their SW stock, as I'll be going home to print 20 more sheets. I didn't even get to the NJO yet! :eek:

But our shameless advertising is underway...

5. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    [Emperor]You have done well Lord Stackpole[/Emperor]

8-}

6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I finished off most of the BN books last night.

At Borders, I still didn't have enough. I almost ran out again just at BN! So I only got any and all SW hardcovers, plus books I deemed of interest (released within 1 year, former hardcovers, etc.) I then placed my remaining one card in between the shelves so it was sticking out and people would see it. :D ;)

7. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Stackpole, you are the most dedicated Star Wars geek I have ever met. (Either that or the one with the least social life. No, I guess that'd been Nathan W... :) )

Anyway, good job. Through your efforts more people will come to know the dark side that is the E'ville Jedi. (insert maniacal laughing here).

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Honestly, it's all of the above. :p

9. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I just ran across another idea in the CR thread that you guys might use. It's actually a variant of what you guys are doing now. Along with hitting the book stores, you might do the same thing at your local libraries. Another FF has reported sucess with it so I thought I'd pass it along. I think you guys have some great ideas here so far & (if you don't mind) may use some of them for us as well.

Good luck!

10. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Did you ask permission to do this?
    I don't think they will mind. Oh well, I guess I'll hear something from Tom Sunday when I'm working my Speech Book Fair. Speaking of... Everyone should come to Barnes & Noble Sunday and buy a book to help the Reitz Speech team. It costs you nothing and it helps us.

Anywho, Good Job Stacky!

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Well, countless employees walked past me while I was doing this. If Tom is the guy with glasses and long hair, he walked past me a lot, too. :)

I was also thinking of putting up a flyer for Book Club in the Star Wars section, because people will only notice we have a book club as is if they are looking at the book club section.

12. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Well, I was there for four hours and talked with Tom about our next selection and the like and he never said anything about a crazed high school kid with too much time on his hands so I think they won't mind.

Now I need to make these flyers .PDF so everyone can print a few and take them to a grocery store. I also need to get to comic quest and hang new flyers and buy TCG cards. :)

13. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    Hey E'ville Jedi! Ken(EMERALD_GREENE), my CR contact from the Indy Knights suggested that I looked @ this thread for ad suggestions for the new Bloomington Fanforce. But there's one movie that you left out, Hulk coming June 20th. Thanks for the suggestions.

14. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Well, there isn't a poster/stand-up ad thingie at the cinema for Hulk yet... :p

15. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I have updated the community calendar at EvansvilleCourier.com. Every meeting and book club is on the calendar through November.

16. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    While it's in july we HAVE to have a group viewing of T3. Also would anyone be interested in having a get together at holiday world??? Since I basicly live right across the street from it I would defintely be able to go.

17. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I would be up for that stuff (especially T3!). Whenever we get it all worked out, I can put it on the community callendar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.