main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2003 Chapter Calendar

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Ok everyone, I've finally gotten things organized. Here is the calendar so far. I've divided it between cons and official chapter events. Also be sure to check the calendar on Philly Outer Rim . There will be regular updates through the year.

Chapter Events:
    3/1/03 Costume Workshop @ Wendy's
    3/29/01 Shriner's Hospital Visit with Garrison Carida (optional)
    4/12/03 April Monthly Meeting - FanFilm screening @ Jen's (social)
    5/10/03 May Monthly Meeting - Dinner and movie (lots of good ones coming out this month)(social)
    5/30/02-6/1/03 Joint FF/501 Get-together at Wizard World East (we are hosting with Garrison Carida - more details as available)
    6/7/03 Prop Workshop (host?)
    7/4/03 July Monthly Meeting - Picnic and Fireworks?
    8/2/03 August Monthly Meeting (suggestions?)
    NO SEPTEMBER MEET
    10/12/03 October Monthly Meeting?
    10/31/03 Greenwich Village Halloween Parade, NY (with ECG and SWNYC)

Conventions:
    2/14/03-2/16/03 Farpoint Con, Baltimore, MD
    3/28/03-3/30/03 Icon, NY, NY (We've been invited by SW NYC and ECG)
    4/25/03-4/27/03 Jen at Regional Chapter Rep Meeting in Pittsburgh
    7/11/03-7/13/03 Shore Leave, Baltimore, MD
    8/28/03-9/1/03 Dragon Con (Me, Natasha, Wendy, Julia and Kev?)
    October - Chiller, Northern NJ

Stay tuned for more!

P.S. Nick, could you get this stuff on the website calendar? Thanks! :)

2. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    4/25/03-4/27/03 Jen at Regional Chapter Rep Meeting in Pittsburgh

:confused:

say again?

3. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    The CR Meeting is Northeast Reps. Is Boston in the New England region or Northeast? Check with Strawbary. In future, please PM me instead of posting question in the thread.. thanks. :)

4. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Meow but ok...

and yes Boston is in the Northeast!

5. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    [roll_eyes.gif]

6. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    HEY!! How-come he gets a title under his name?!? :( ;)

Sorry, I was out yesterday. All the events with announced dates and activities have been posted to the main site's calendar. They all point here for now, but as each event gets it's own thread, it'll be easy to point the links to the new threads.

Have fun!

7. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    OT: I can get you a title Nick! LOL I just haven't had time to figure out how to get the custom banner for our board too..

Thanks for getting things put up on the calendar. I will try to post more info -links to cons and such in the next week. :)

8. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    :D
    I can take care of the bannering, if you like.
    There's an excellent thread with all the details on what to do right here.
    I've been downloading TONS of Naboo related images. Just need to Photoshop them together.
    Coming soon....

9. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    Hey! I want a title too!!!

10. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Hey, Jen...
    Believe it or not, I was just going over my notes from the last officer's meeting (yes, I actually read these things) and I noticed at that time you had the Pittsburgh Relaxicon listed.

It looks like this is called Pittsburgh Comicon now and it is on for April 25-27 in Monroville. AMY ALLEN (Aayla Secura), RENA OWEN (Taun We) and FEMI TAYLOR (Oola) are slated to be there. (more info on the website).

Should this get added back into the schedule?

Have fun.

11. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Here's some clarification: It always was called Pittsburgh Comicon. The FF Chapter Rep meeting taking place around that convention is called Relaxicon. It was named that by our GSA. All NE Region FF Chapter Reps are going to have their first annual meeting during that convention. Just leave it as-is in the current calendar. We will be involved in other activities not directly related to the con. Other KofP members are welcome to go, though they will only be able to attend the Comicon events since Relaxicon is being held, at this point from what I understand, for CR's only. Does that help? :)

12. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    Yup. ;)
    Thanks!

13. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Just a couple additional bits of info:

I will not be going on the Shriner's hospital visit since I'm going to Icon in NYC with the ECG and SWNYC. Anyone who would like to participate in the visit, let me know. Carida will certainly welcome your help.

Finally, I will be flying to Dragon Con. I will be purchasing my flight sometime in July. If you wish to fly with me, let me know and we can get tix together! :)

14. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Jenni, where is Shriner's Hospital? Em and I will most likely attend.

15. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    It's in Philadelphia, infact I remember passing it as we went to St. Christopher's Hospital back in October. I will find directions for you if you need them.
    I am not sure if I am going this time either since I have my heart set in ICON, it would be my first con.

16. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Regional CR Meeting at Pittsburgh Comicon has been cancelled and/or moved. Still discussing places to meet - just wanted to let you know b/c Chiller is the same weekend and I'll probably go to that instead.

:)

17. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey everyone, I'm up for hosting another Trick or Treat night at the KOP Plaza. It should be the last Friday before Halloweeen. I'll have more details in October.

18. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Would anyone be up to going to the PA Ren Faire this year? The only thing is I wont be able to get discount tickets this year
    ( my connection no longer works there )

19. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Yeah I'm planning to go to the Ren Faire around mid-October when it's cooler outside. I'm planning to make new costumes for both myself and Brandon to wear there.

20. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Tengu,

You can put Lis and I down for 2 tickets for Ren Faire. We really enjoyed it last year. With Sarah being almost 1 by the fall, we should have little dificulty getting someone to watch her for the day.

21. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Actually I'm not going to be able to pick up tickets in advance or at a discount this time, so if you want them you either have to order them online or get them at the gate.

www.parenfaire.com

22. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Just so everyone knows, the Regional meeting is still on. Anyone is welcome to attend, there will be all kinds of activities there. Check the NorthEast Regional forum for all the details.

23. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    FYI: no meeting april 12, no meeting may 10.

replacement meeting is bowling on may 3.

24. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Anyone up for lunch and a matinee movie on Saturday, April 19? It's Easter weekend and I know folks are busy but I figured we could at least get together briefly for a light lunch and then a kid friendly movie (if we can find one). Thoughts?

25. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    So far that works for me. Piglet's Big Movie will be out then, I wonder who wants to see that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.