main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO 2003 Chiefs Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by solojones, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Being a season ticket holder, I'm very interested in what the Chiefs do this season. I went tailgating before the game versus the Niners the other day, and well, you know it's preseason :p Our first string didn't play long and wasn't too impressive, but they were ok and ahead when the second string came on so that's ok.

The people who did stand out though were:

Johnny Morton: Amazing diving catch, was always hussling, hopefully he'll get even more action this season than last.

R-Kal Trulack: Or R2D2 as one of the columnists refered to him ;) He's a guy who actually makes defensive plays instead of just sitting around waiting for someone to run into him.

And the new punter, the one the Niners released last fall and we picked up... I can't remember his name, dangit. But he was really good. He had a 59 yard punt :eek: That was amazing.

-sj loves kevin spacey

2. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    Well I am a Raiders fan, but I do like the Chiefs too. But what scares me about this year is that this so called explosive offence hasn't scored a touchdown yet.

3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    :eek: Raiders?! Isn't that a bit of a paradox? :p How are you allowed to live in Kansas City?!

Yeah I'm a little concerned about the offence, but it's still pre-season so I guess we'll see. I mean we had the #1 offence last year and so that's added pressure.

-sj loves kevin spacey

4. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    Its not really that bad, unless the Chiefs are playing the Raiders, I am pretty much left alone. Now as soon as they do, I am everyones worst enemy, and even more so when the Raiders win with a shut out.

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No, I'm pretty sure it's still bad ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

6. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Now something I'm curious about is how you became a raiders fan (notice the lower case ;) )? I have a friend who lived in LA until he was 20 and I feel that is a vaild excuse. Now if you have lived in the Midwest your entire life....Well all I can say is "does not compute Will Robinson"

7. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    Well I was born outside of St. Louis, and grew up in Liberty. So where and when I became a RAIDERS fan is unknown.

8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Probably something to do with the evil space aliens who experimented on your brain as a child :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

9. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    I can go for that excuse :p

10. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    I would say somthing mean, but its sad when the owners try to find other ways to get his team into the playoffs, like adding aditional teams to the current format and eliminating the byes.

11. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    ? Don't know what you are refferring to.

12. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    During the off season Lamar Hunt proposed that they add One or Two teams to the playoffs. KC has been one team away for the past couple of years.

13. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Oh I didn't realize that. You can't blame the guy for trying. :p

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah totally :p Besides, it's understandable when teams with worse records than you get into the playoffs for you to be a little mad. I mean, our division is killer.

w007, had fun watching us beat the Vikings last night :D Borighter is so awesome. He's gotta be one of my favourite current players. Man can that white boy put on the afterburners! :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

15. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    solojones, we really can't complain, it looks like the Royals make the playoffs while other teams with better records miss out.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Ok so I am in desperate need of some Chiefs discussion after the game today. I think we stood up 3/4 of the game, it was so intense. Also, Dante Hall is my hero. Discuss :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

17. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    all i care about football is that i go to high school games on friday nights... i'm afraid i don't really have much to contribute... but hey, might as well post. lol

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    *shakes you*

Garrrrh!!

I care

[/Luke]

-sj loves kevin spacey

19. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    All I have to say is that the Mantra of a Chiefs fan ("Well, maybe next year") is starting to transpire. :) And yes Dante is the Bomb!

20. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    The Chiefs were very impressive. If they can keep this up, there isn't much that could stop them.

My Raiders are now showing there age. Well the offensive line, anyway. But on the other hand, the defense is doing great. Especially how bad the offence is playing.

21. Laynel

Laynel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    I'm bored. And there weren't even that many messages to read through. The only time I watch football is during the Superbowl. And even then I'm just hanging around for the food and company.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Typical girl people :p My mom and I are the biggest football fans in our family. We're crazy ;)

The Raiders already have some injuries due to their age. And I mean, almost losing to the BEGALS?! At HOME??? I'd say that's a vast management error in not getting some young blood in there.

So far the Chargers don't look very good at all. Typical Shottenheimer with his 'let's run horizontally!' plans, it just doesn't cut it. The Broncos have yet to really face a tough opponent so we'll see. They're probably going to be pretty good as usual. But I think the Chiefs might have something special this year. They just have to sustain.

-sj loves kevin spacey

23. Orli_Bloom_fan

Orli_Bloom_fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2003
    I went to meet a friend who had been working at Culvers during the game. The first thing he asked me when I walked in was "Do you know the Cheifs score?" First I told him no, and he got mad, (I'm a terrible liar :() and made me tell him anyway.

24. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    Solojones, My friend brought up a good point about the Bengals. Maybe its not how bad the Raiders are but how much better the Bengals are now. They almost beat Denver the week before. I see them upsetting a couple teams this year, quite possably the Chiefs.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well I will give them that they are better. But I'd also say some of it is owed to the teams they've played underestimating them. The Chiefs are certainly still good enough to beat them, they just have to not get too cocky is all.

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.