2003 Chiefs Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Kansas City, MO' started by solojones, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    That may be true, but that just makes it even more high time for it to happen! I have a gut feeling about this one!

Don't feel too bad after you loose: Only one loss is really something to brag about, even if the one loss is to a team like the Bengals!

.500 here we come!
  2. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone up for a little friendly wager? Looser(s) adds a signiture to their screen name saying that the other team rocks and gives the score of the game. The looser(s) also must create a sock with a name that also says the other team rocks and must post on your and other boards with messages about the game and other such things, including text in the colors of the opposite team.
  3. Lordstimpy Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am not a big Chiefs fan. Raiders are my team. So the Chiefs not winning wouldn't be a bad thing. But My Raiders did beat your Bengirls.
  4. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    Your raiders and 4 other teams! That's why when we DO beat the Chiefs it will be that much more of an upset!
  5. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    *begin the official talking smack* Does no one here have the confidence in their UNDEFEATED team to even make a friendly wager?

(come on now it's all in good clean fun!)
  6. LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Well that's that I guess. At least now we can focus on the rest of the season instead of focusing on going undefeated.
  7. Lordstimpy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Funny thing, when the Raiders beat the Bengirls, I said that the Chiefs will lose to them. Man I hate being right. Of course as of this moment the Raiders are beating the Vikings
  8. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    good thing for you all that noone had the guts to make a wager! 24-19! Best team in the NFL lost to last years worse team!

WOOOO HOOOOO

We are at .500 for the first time in 13 years, and sadly enough in first place in our division!
  9. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Everyone and his monkey was calling this game for the upset. It's no big surprise. It hurts, but like you said, 1 loss is nothing to complain about. Even against the bengals. But Cincinnati is the upset team of the year.

That said they only teams that stand between us and a 1 loss season now are Minnesota and Denver...and Minnesota just lost to the two worst teams in the league, two weeks in a row.

HOW can you live in KC and be a Raiders fan??!! What is WRONG with you?!
  10. Lordstimpy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well the Raiders showed some greatness beating the Vikings. Now let the magic contiue next week. Oakland over the KC Chiefs.
  11. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    Just so everyone knows, it's all in good clean fun! I thought a little cross fanforce rivalry might be interesting. It was fun while it lasted! Now the Bengals have one and it's time to move on to next week ;)
  12. clonedmenace Jedi Knight

star 2
    yeah, we were totally listening to the game in the guys' dressing room... during our show. yeah it was really bad. i was also told they were listening to it in the pit... lol i don't know how they pulled that off...
  13. LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master

star 4
    What A Nail biter! It's been a while since the chiefs have beaten the Raiders twice in a season. Maybe next year Tony ;)
  14. clonedmenace Jedi Knight

star 2
    woo go kc!

hey, on a semi-related (not really...) note... you know the pepsi caps for caps promotion? i got one that said buy one get one free, so i bought 2 more, and they had the same team! so i sent in for a chiefs cap. lol. so yay, there's my city spirit, lol
  15. Lordstimpy Jedi Knight

star 2
    I already got three sets of caps. The limit you can do. I have a friend who has 9 sets, he is having friends send the extras in.
  16. Priest-Homely Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, JediDragon here. Looks like I lost the sock bet in Denver this time. Oh well, I beat 3 people last time, only 1 person stepped up to challenge me this time, so I think I still came out better.

this loss sucked so bad just because it was Denver, who is vying for the rivalry spot with the raiders. There's not the history KC has with the raiders, but the Denver rivalry is definitely developing.

Good thing is that KC already has a sure spot in the playoffs. And the Vikings are the only team we have left to worry about, so we should be good to go for the division as well.
  17. LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I know we played poorly today but is it just me or did those refs suck?
  18. Lordstimpy Jedi Knight

star 2
    :)

The Raiders beat the Vikings.
  19. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Vermeil is staying

*tears of joy*

I'm not so sure we're going to be great competitors in the playoffs this year, but at least it will be fun... if not, I think we can do some tweaking *cough*firegregrobinson*cough* and be a more solid team next year.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  20. Lordstimpy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well when you defence is that bad, there isn't much you can do. I am rooting for the Packers this year. I see the Chiefs losing there next game.
  21. Lordstimpy Jedi Knight

star 2
    GO Chiefs!!!

I wonder if someone told them they need to play defence too.
  22. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    :D :D :D :D :D

Went to the game...sat 8 rows from the top. Got good cell phone reception. Ok, I won't gloat much more than that. Sorry.
  23. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Chiefs' defense was bad...but then so was the Colts'...it was just a shootout that KC couldn't capitalize on fully so the Colts came out on top.
  24. Lordstimpy Jedi Knight

star 2
    So who are you rooting for, I like cheering on the underdogs so GO PANTHERS. After just two years of having a 1-15 season they are going to kick the tail pad of those Patriots.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.