main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2003 Disney Star Tours figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Toymaster, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I am heading down to Orlando this week and will be attending the Fan Club Breakfast on Saturday and was wondering if anybody has been able to aquire all three Star Tours figures. So far I have only heard of two of the three hitting shelves. I am also wondering if the new line of Disney exclusive Indiana Jones figures are out yet. Anybody heard?

Also a note of interest: the confirmation e-mail that I got from the Fan Club concerning the breakfast says that all those attending will "Receive other special goodies from Hasbro, Lucasfilm, and the Official Star Wars Fan Club at breakfast, too!" Could the Silver Boba Fett be one of these "goodies"? I can only hope...

2. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I'll see you there going to the breakfast too. Don't know about the figures just will get what I can if they are any good.

3. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think the new Indiana Jones figures are out. Don't hold me to it, though, but I do seem to recall reading not that long ago that they were now out.

4. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Are Disneyland and Disneyworld the only places to get those Star Tours figures? Is there any way to order them some how?

---Scotty

5. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    online scalpers or ebay.

6. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Call 407-363-6200 to order the figures. The only catch is they don't always come in good condition. When I ordered the first wave, all three figures were crammed into a Priority Mail box. Rex was the only one with significant damage, so I called the number again and they sent me another one free of charge. The second wave came UPS and was packed much better.

I'm hoping all three figures will be out this weekend so that I can pick and choose the best packages.

See you at the breakfast, Buster!

7. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Hmm... Thanks guys. I'll try that out.

---Scotty

8. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Unfortunately, the only Collection 3 Star Tours figure I could find at Disney/MGM this weekend was G2-9T. They were all out of R5-D2, and according to a manager that I spoke with at the Once Upon a Toy Store at Downtown Disney, SK-Z38 was recalled before it was ever shipped to the parks.

Hey Buster, what did you think of the breakfast? And what did you make of Fan Club president Lisa Stevens???

9. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    As far as the figures go I saw the one you could not find but did not like the Star Tours at all so did not buy any. The one that was removed from the selves had sharp edges so they took it off as fast as they could sound familiar. The breakfast was awesome the only thing better than that was the parade.

Missed you at the breakfast where did you sit. I was 4 tables back on Peter's side of the room.

10. Darth_Ravenger

Darth_Ravenger Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    Hey Toymaster whats up dude. Nice meeting you again. How did your trip go? When did you get back home and what all did you get in your goodie bag and at Tatooine traders?

11. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Buster, I sat with Darth Ravenger on Jeremy's side of the room, just opposite of the entrance. The table was set for four, but nobody else sat there, so guess who wound up with extra figures! ;)

Darth Ravenger, nice meeting you, too! The trip went great, even though Once Upon a Toy Store sold out of R5-D2s by the time I got there. Thanks for the tip anyway! We started heading home on Sunday morning and got home about 7:00 that night. My goodie bag had 4 folders (one was in the style of the action figure packaging-sweet!), a pack of Micro Machines, a Mini Lego TIE Fighter, some post cards of various t-shirt designs, a sticker sheet, and about 20 different packs of cards going all the way back to SW Galaxy series 1. Hey, if you go to the official site and look at the latest SW weekends pics you can see us in one of the pictures! Not really well, but you can make out a guy in a yellow shirt and a guy in a black shirt--that's us!

12. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    Those goodie bags were soo fake they claimed everyone was different but everyone I talked to got the same thing. Whatever free is free IMAX poster was cool though.

13. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    parade pics
    Here's my pics of the parade all 3 days 501st did an excellent job.

14. buster726

Sep 19, 2002
    Here about this next Breakfast that they will be giving away Silver Boba Fetts at.
    Its in Ohio. breakfast

15. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Remember what Austin Powers said:

"That's not a woman, baby, that's a MAN, man!"

Yeah, you guys know what I'm talkin' about. ;)

16. Darth_Ravenger

Darth_Ravenger Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    Question Toymaster. Where exactly does that number go to that you posted for ordering Starwars merchandise from disney? What I mean is that is it for the Tatooine Traders direct number or is it for the Once Upon a toy store direct line? I'm interested in getting all the Startours figs as well as the Starship 3000. Hey by the way did the Once upon a toy store happen to have the bird like droid still in stock? Can you send a money order to order stuff or do you have to charge your credit card for ordering over that number you mentioned? If you could please tell me how it works i'd appreciate it. Like for instance how much is shipping and other things.Oh yeah I had a great time at MGM and we got back about the same time as you did so we were both on the mark. lol

17. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    That number actually goes to a Disney catologue service, and I think it's in California. They sell most of the stuff that you can buy at the parks.

By the time I got there, Once Upon a Toy Store only had G2-9T plus a bunch of the first two assortments (the ones on the green cards). The manager their said that SK-Z38 (the bird-like droid) was recalled before it ever shipped out, so I'm not sure what the status of this figure is at this point.

I think they only do credit card orders but I'm not positive. Wouldn't hurt to call and see. In the past they've charged me about $12 to ship three figures. The first time they shipped crammed in a Priority Mail box for $5, the next time they shipped well-packed via UPS.

Yeah, MGM was great although I was a little disappointed that the Great Movie Ride was down. Oh well, maybe it'll be even better next time!

I'm still surprised that no one else has commented on the "gender bender" situation. ;)

18. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Toymaster, long time no speak :) I got my
    hands on R5-D2 and G2-9T. I guess that will be it for the Star Tours figures...

19. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey Crazy Mike!

Actually, I'm hearing rumors of not only new Star Tours figures for next year, but also repackaged versions of the earlier green card figures. I don't see too many more possibilities myself:

-R2
    -3PO
    -Mon Calamari (seen in the command tower)
    -Rebel Pilot (talks to Max in Starspeeder 3000)

The only other possibilities I see would be if they made some of the creatures from the introductory ("fasten your seatbelts") video or some of the costumed characters from the park (ewoks/Chewie/etc.)

I'm also wondering if SK-Z38 will ever see the light of day now. I don't think any ever made it to the shelves because there are none on eBay.

20. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    According to potf2.com, the SK-Z38 figure has now been revised and is available. Apparently the beak was too pointy before and it had to be revised, but none of the "sharp-beak" versions ever made it to stores.

21. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey Mike, I am going to do some checking and
    see if I can get my hands on SK-Z38. I cannot see them carrying on with the Star Tours figures much longer either...

22. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    I called Disney the other day and placed my order for R5-D2 and SK-Z38 (heads up, R5-D2 was actually listed in their computer as R5-D4, so be aware when placing an order). They said that R5 was in stock and should be sent right out, but SK was on back order and would be available after hit hit the parks. Shipping was about nine bucks, so I'm basically getting 2 figures for $29. Oh well, gotta have my figures!!!

23. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Got my SK-Z38 yesterday via UPS. Cool figure--didn't realize it was going to be as big as it is. The bubble is about half way between the size of a regular bubble and an Ephant Mon bubble.

24. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    I just had my buddy pick me up all three figs (Mint) and an Indiana Jones fig. Not sure which one though. Apparently there is one with and another without a jacket.

E

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Toymaster, I am waiting for my SK-Z38 in the mail as well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.