2003 figures from Hasbro *Offical Thread*

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by robertyodarugenstein, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. ThePostman Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm so I guess Hasbro decided that all the figures have to come with bases??

All figures that greatly resemble previously made figures,

Yes They are Nice

Yes I will buy them

But I want different figures, different characters, not more of the same

when will they learn this...NEVER!!
  2. forceguy Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's my thoughts on the five upcoming figures:

Obi-Wan: Another figure of Obi-Wan, & from the looks of it, he doesn't seem like he will be able to hold the lightsaber with both hands. The pose kinda looks strange too, like he's doing a Grimley-like dance.

Mace Windu: Another figure of Mace. Whoopee. And what's up with that crappy looking thing on his back?

Count Dooku: The worst one of the bunch (IMO). Absolutely horrible. The first version looks a LOT better. And what's up with his eyebrows? Needless to say, I won't be buying the Count Dookula figure.

Padme: Instead of giving us a figure of Padme in a different outfit, Hasbro gives us yet another one in the white outfit. The sculpt looks pretty good, but her exaggerated facial expression is plain horrible. No thanks, I'll be passing on "Treadmill Padme."

Tusken Raider: This is the only figure of the bunch (1 out of 5) that I'm looking forward to. The pose is great & the sculpt looks pretty good too. I might even buy two.
  3. Icebreaker Force Ghost

star 4
  4. LittleGreenMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    :) :) :) :) :) THANKS IceBreaker!!
    He He He

LGM Very Happy :D
    Sorry Postman, Your right Hasbro needs to make more characters they've IGNORED so far!
    ForceGuy, I disagree, I know they all seem to have Crazy faces, but they are small pics It looks like ALL LOOK much better articulated than other versions of Obi, Padme, Tyranus,Etc. I don't know about Mace though! That Tusken Looks Excellent!! Tyranus too IMHO :D
    I'll judge the faces when I see bigger pics, for now they look pretty Cool to me. Then again maybe I'm just excited to see the New Figures
    THANKS again IceBreaker! :D :D LGM
  5. ThePostman Jedi Master

star 4
    I do like the Padme, but hopefully they are just prototypes...what the heck was with Maces back???
  6. Crewman6 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry, I think they suck, too.

The Obi Wan is okay....not crazy about the head....body positioning looks weird, but hoepfully it'll be marginally better than the two previous, flawed figs.

Padme's body looks great, but they gave her a stupid "screaming" expression like Deluxe Anakin and the god awful Mace Windu. Can we say "head swap"? Hopefully the Arena battle Padme head won't look too small on her....

Dooku looks dreadful. The expression is awful. I might take the left arm and put it on my other Dooku...other than that, it's crap.

Tusken Raider - who cares?!?!? Why not give us something NEW?!?!?!

Mace Windu - another ****** version. Thank god I still have both my Episode I Mace's. Bad expression, bad pose and what looks to be a terrible "action feature" on his back...

Come on, Hasbro, get in the game!!
  7. vlps Jedi Knight

star 2
    probarley is the mace thing a action featere, move the "invisseble (becouse it's clear)" roundie.. and his arms move...

Boy we are dissapointed, gladd that they did away the article ;)

probarley they weren't meant fior publication... so DELETE ...
  8. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Master

star 4
    No word about a new Jedi Knight Luke or the concept Stormtrooper. I wonder why? I Would like to at lest see the Jedi Luke.
  9. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Padme: YES! :) Finally a good white-suit Padme figure. I haven't bought the previous Padme because of the awful pose and slightly exaggerated chest- it just didn't look good. But this one looks great! Knee-articulation, normal chest, what looks like a removable cape thing... This is the Padme I've been waiting for!

And, if you look at the left side of the conveyor belt, it looks like there's a little clip. Perhaps to connect it to the Battle Droid/C3P-O and then to the Deluxe Yoda! Great idea Hasbro! Then you can connect all that to the little conveyor belt in the arena playset probably! WAY COOL! :D

Obi-Wan: YES! :D Just like the Padme figure, this is the Obi-Wan I've been waiting for! :) Great sculpt, head sculpt, and it comes with a staff thing that I can give to my Geonosian and I'll use the blue light saber for Obi-Wan! Also, we have yet ANOTHER pillar to add to our Arena Playset just like the previous Padme figure.

Do you guys see what Hasbro is doing with all these things to add to the Arena Playset? All the conveyor belt sections connect to each other which connect to the Arena Playset, and the pillar that comes with the previous Padme and the new Obi-Wan both go in the Arena playset! RAD! :D Quite ingenious idea, IMO! :)
  10. shocktrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    I like all the look of all these figures except Dooku, A stand or set piece looks great with the figures and that Sandtrooper looks though he would look good attacking a Luke figure?

MMM.... Total control MACE?
    Maybe this figure will have a huge hole in his back to let u move his arms L/R U/D.
    Hopefully if it does it will be diquised by a flexible cloak with a slit in it.
  11. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    So Padme's head is huge and Anakin's head is tiny.

Lama Su, Aayla Secura, and Barriss Offee :D

moved from the other thread :)
  12. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Why doesn`t Hasbro bring these out BEFORE Christmas? ;)

I guess I´ll buy the Acklay fighting Obi Wan Kenobi , Padmé and Mace Windu.

I´m pretty happy with them.
    I hope Obi`s likeness will get better
    with the finished figure.

Dooku sucks from those pics.
    I really hope they`ll improve the whole
    figure.

Tusken Raider. I don`t figure why Hasbro releases a rehash POTJ Tusken two months before a new version comes out.
    Maybe I´ll buy him too.
  13. BucMan55 Jedi Master

star 4
    FIrst impressions:

Obi-Wan, decent sculpt, looks like yet another one bites the dust without ultimate articulation. B

Count Dooku: Looks like First Dooku with lightning instead of green lightsaber...Face went backwards...(worse than first). F

Mace Windu: He doesn't wear a beige cloak at anytime during TPM or AOTC. And the only time he has his cloak on during the battle is when and Just after he threatens Jango.... Then there's the action feature...(at least he can finally hold a saber with two hands). D

Padme: Better than the first, articulated legs....Head is a bit odd.... B

Tusken Raider: Holds his stick in the taunt position of ANH very well....Nothing sticks out at you with this figure....

A-

14. Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Padme's body looks great, but they gave her a stupid "screaming" expression like Deluxe Anakin and the god awful Mace Windu.

Yeah, I would snatch the Padmé figure up in an instant if it wasn't for that silly face. [face_plain] And will we ever get a Mace that has a normal face? (besides the Ep. I preview figure.)
  15. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Dude, the cloak's even wrong on this Mace. :(
  16. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yikes. Padme has got the first Mace's scream going on. :::Sigh:: both of her figures are messed up. A quick draw arm and a dumb face.

And Mace, is it really necessary? I think not.
  17. XR73627794 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the new figures look pretty good actually.
    Why didn'tthey just come out with the Padme and the Mace in the first place instead of the not so good ones they released first? And why didn't they just give Dooku lightning in the first place too?
  18. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think the new Padme looks outstanding. Very movie-accurate sculpt for the body.

Obi-Wan looks ok, but I don't see how it's a lot different than the first Saga version, besides the action feature.

Mace looks decent. He's in his "this party's over" stance! I also think that clear plastic wheel thing on his back may allow a string to go thru it to allow him to "fly" down to the surface of the arena. Just a guess.

Dooku looks too much like the first Saga version.

Tusken Raider looks like the best version of this character to date. Hopefully he'll come with removable limbs ;)
  19. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Knight

star 3
    They look pretty good to me. I think Padme's blaster has a longer muzzle, though. EDIT: But that might just come from the angle of the picture.
  20. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    This is *^$@*ing GRIM!
    Check out this news from Hasbro.com....

Following is a list of just some of the great figures coming in 2003.

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Acklay Battle, with spear stabbing action! (?03 #1)

Mace Windu, Arena Confrontation, with flexible arms for super realistic lightsaber control! (?03 #2)

Darth Tyranus, Geonosian Escape (?03 #3)

Anakin Skywalker (?03 #7 ? Photo Coming Soon!)

Boba Fett (?03 #8 ? Photo Coming Soon!)

R2-D2 (?03 #9 ? Photo Coming Soon!)

Han Solo (?03 #13 ? Photo Coming Soon!)

Chewbacca (?03 #14 ? Photo Coming Soon!)

What the BLOODY is going on? WHERE IS PADME? :mad: I *SO* wanted that figure when I saw the pic of it in this thread, now it's GONE? So we've got ANOTHER Solo/Chewy and ANOTHER Anakin Skywalker.

:(

Where is that Padme? :(
  21. LittleGreenMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Sithy, My to Good to be true list is Slowly starting to become fact! ;)
    BTW you might want to check out Yakface.com, They have a little more info on figures & more upcoming figures listed INCLUDING Padme Droid Factory Escape! :) It says she has 12 Points of articulation!! :eek:

Yakface also mentions a Droid 2pk(didn't elaborate) ,Youngling 2pk, & yoda with padawan(Not w/ child) LOL [face_laugh] He He
    Also mentions Aayla Secura & Barriss
    Lots of people salivating for these!
    Sithman I agree with Everything you said about Obi & Padme ,I've been waiting for these too! :D :D
    P.S. Yak got the list from POTF2.com Later LGM :)
  22. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Boooo! Another Han and Chewie.
  23. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    Hasbro You`ve pulled the last straw! Not even a single Council Member,and another Chewie,and Han.What the H@LL! I want more Jedi! A Jedi Luke would be nice as well!
    Come on!
  24. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Master

star 4
    What in the blue hell is going on!! :mad: We don't need another Han or Chewbacca. Let me guess Han Solo Ewok Capture and Chewbacca AT-ST Driver/Capture??

I sure That Padme Droid Factory is still coming out. Remember Hasbro site's sll had Aurra Sing still listed her as new a year after she was out.

As for Mace the clear wheel which is stupid is for the Arena Battle Playset. If you look at the pictures of it there is a string on it.

And still no word on a new Jedi Knight Luke :mad:
  25. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    GreenMaster, glad to see another person who enjoys the new figures as much as me! :D
    Oh, and I just realized how stupid I was- it says on Hasbro that tomorrow they will announce more 2003 release figures. [face_blush] They'll probably announce Padmè then! :)

So, I'm really excited about all this! Obi-Wan rocks, Padmè rocks the partè that rocks the pinata, and I'm sure I'll pick up a tusken or something else in this line! w00t! 2003 looks awesome! :D
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.