2003 figures from Hasbro *Offical Thread*

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by robertyodarugenstein, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Massiff_Attack Jedi Knight

star 3
    WOW!

These new figures look real good. Im not sure why all the negativity at these early shots, you'll need a better view to get a better understanding of the way they is. In my view they look like some good figures. The Tusken dude's head comes off and he has a base, thats got me the most excited!! The Obi is OK, the Mace looks better than the others, and the Dooku is good but basicly the same as the last only with some lightning, the hype and rareness over the first Dooku must of made Hasbro's day: "More money, we can buy that new factory and make more Anakin's!!". Now to the cool stuff: Padme looks from my angle like the best of 'em all, a nice action pose and cool base, the face is not as bad as some think (she is on a fast moving deadly conveyour belt ye know, not sipping tea with the King of England!!)

:) ;) [face_sipping tea]
  2. ahawk12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here is the "confirmed" list of new figures for 2003....so far....

#1 - OBI-WAN KENOBI (Acklay Battle)
    #2 - MACE WINDU (Arean Confrontation)
    #3 - DARTH TYRANUS ( Geonosian Escape)
    #4 - PADME AMIDALA (Doird Factory Chase)
    #5 - LIBRARY DROID 2 PACK (SP-4 & JN-66)
    #6 - TUSKEN RAIDER (Tatooine Camp Ambush)
    #7 -ANAKIN SKYWALKER
    #8 - BOBA FETT
    #9 - R2-D2
    #10 - LAMA SU
    #11 - AAYLA SECURA
    #12 - BARISS OFFEE
    #13 - HAN SOLO
    #14 - CHEWBACCA
    #15 - YODA w/ PADAWAN
    #16 - PADAWAN 2 PACK

So that is the list.

I can't believe that they started re-numbering them with #1....oh well.

Also I think the new picts I have seen look pretty good. But try and remember the philosophy behind the Collection #'s. Collection one is mainly for the kids and always full of gimmicks (i.e. new MACE WINDU w/ big clear Battle wheel action stuck in the back) But I am somewhat surprised to see another Han & Chewie already. I mean how about a new Leia or jedi luke first. Actually I would like a new jedi from EP 1 like Poof or Piell or Yaddle. But hey I am only the consumer what do I know.... But I do think that the figures look nice (from what I can tell by the picts anyway) but I try to never pass judgment until they are in my hands.

So I guess we will all wait and see.........the SAGA continues.......for better or worse.
  3. darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master

star 4
    The new Anakin has gotta have the robot arm right? Since its for the wedding...are they making a wedding padme so all of us can set them up with each other holding hands next to c3po and r2. That would be superb.
  4. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't get me wrong I think that figures look good and nice. I will buy them all. I think that the Padme figure looks real good. The problem is that Hasbro is making figures that we have already. This will be the 3rd Mace in less than a year, Han and Chewie enough said. What I think is that everyone here wants a variety of figures pod racers, Jedi council, expanded universe.

I don't mind resculpts of figures. Just look at what they have done with the Bespin Han to Bespin Capture. Or Chewbacca, Vader and Leia.
  5. forceguy Jedi Knight

star 1
    You mean to tell me we are getting yet ANOTHER Han, ANOTHER Chewie, & ANOTHER R2?! At the very least, I hope that the upcoming Han figure is a Hoth Han figure. But I certainly don't need another freaking Chewie figure or another freaking R2. Is Hasbro running out of ideas or something? Anyway, the padawan figures sound cool, as do the new characters.
  6. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yah, the Han will probably be with the TESB jacket.... To go with the bespin chewy. :)
  7. Echo Jedi Master

star 4
    We already have that Han, don't we Sithman? Two, I think. And the recent resculpt was pretty good, too, IMO.

I dig most of these new figures. Remember, they are all prototypes, so things like Dooku's eyebrows and Mace's cloack will probably change as the paint deco finalizes.

But I am sad that there is no new Jedi Luke. My only guess is that Hasbro is saving him for something special.

When's the 400th figure due?
  8. LittleGreenMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Echo, Just wanted to give you some helpful Info. I'm pretty sure the New Saga Han is supposed to be a Resculpt of the Hoth Outfit. :)
    Oh and FYI we have 5 Bespin Han Solos!! :p

1. Original POTF2 regular card
    2. Princess Leia 2PK (cloth jacket)
    3. Mynock Hunt Cinema 3-PK
    4. Special "Coin" edition
    5. POTJ Bespin Capture. Widely considered the Best by Far, My Favorite
    Just here to Help :D :D :D LGM

P.S. Please Lord , Please .... Give all us Wonderful SW Fanatics a NEW Much Improved Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight!! And Even Piel, Yaeral,Ozzel,Madine, Basically Lots of Alien Jedi, OT Higher Ups, and More Aliens from the Cantina & Jabbas Palace that continue to be ignored!! Thank You Lord :)
    :p Sorry, Lost it a little there, Bye
  9. QueenDorme Jedi Youngling

star 3
    No Dorme. [face_plain]

No San Hill. [face_plain]

No Shu Mai. [face_plain]

No Wat Tambor. [face_plain]

No Senator Ask Aak. [face_plain]

No Corde. [face_plain]

Hasbro has failed again.

10. Wuffy Jedi Knight

Don't get too down, Queen Dorme.

I sense a disturbance in the force... our Dorme action figure is inevitable. I have forseen it. :D

Darb
  11. Macewindu77815 Jedi Master

star 4
    mace and obi i will get that yoda sounds cool i hope they do a better job with this han than the other saga one CHEWIE COOOL! R2 COOOOL!!! YODA WITH JEDI PADAWAN COOOOL!!!!

unfornatly there coming out in 2003! :(

12. ThePostman Jedi Master

star 4
    Why the heck did Hasbro start renumbering them at zero...? Thats dumb
  13. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If I had to guess, the new Han will be a Hoth version. There have been 2 versions of this (the other coming with the Tauntaun and extremely hard to find) so I figure that's the direction they'll go in.

However, we could always get a Bespin Han with just a white shirt and the Bespin torture rack. Given the loads of accessories we've gotten with the Saga line, this is a possibility.

Dorme: I wouldn't fret too much. I'm sure there will be at least 20 more figures released in 2003, not to mention 2004 before we get into another movie year. I'm sure your wishes will be granted :)
  14. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  15. k3po Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Whats with all the figures with their damn mouth open? I was looking forward to this Padme, but her damn mouth is open. looks lame. Someone at Hasbro should be fired.

http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=81
  16. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No Lars either and there's 3 to choose from!
  17. darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea I mean, how many Obi-wans are there? How many Mace Windus are there? How many Owen and Berus? or Cliegg or cleigg, whichever. These figures look good, but they mostly look the same and they should just make some brand new figures like the lars.
  18. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    Rebelscum has recently posted the new figures on their page.Thought you guys would be interested. ;)
  19. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    But sadly...no Aayla pics... :(
  20. ThePostman Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah why on earth did they start renumbering the figures...?? Thats just stupid.
  21. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus

star 5
    New numbering for a new year perhaps? ?[face_plain]

The figures who's pics I've seen so far don't really interest me, but I am looking forward to LAMA SU, AAYLA SECURA, and BARISS OFFEE. :D
  22. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes I changed my mind this could be the start of a good year. :)
  23. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I can't believe no one has mentioned the 12" Anakin and Padme. They are absolutely horrible! Padme's head is HUGE and doesn't look anything like Natalie, while Anakin's head is TINY and looks more like the guy on the cover of MAD than Hayden. I hope these are very early prototypes... [face_plain]

The 3 3/4 figures look much better, though.
  24. QueenDorme Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Son of the Sons, I agree.

With a head like that, Padme should have died instead of Corde. Eeek!

The 12" are horrible.
  25. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually her likeness was caught very well. The only problem is just the scale of her head.

Anyway, does the rehash ( PotJ )
    Saga Tusken Raider`s head come off?
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.