main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2003 new figures

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Padawan92, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Just looked at Hasbro.com and they have some of the new 3 3/4 inch figures including:
    Yoda & Chian 2 pack
    Ashla & Jempa 2 pack
    Padmé Amidala in Tatooine Outfit
    Wat Tambor
    Coleman Trebor
    Lama Su and a Boba clone
    Aayla Secura
    Barriss Offee

Another thing is they are going to have a Yoda electronic lightsaber!

Plus they show one of the new unleashed for next year...Slave Leia!!!

Here is a link...
    Hasbro figures

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    The Aayla figure finally coming out, a Yoda electronic lightsaber, and an Unleashed Slave Leia... in conjunction with The Clone Wars for PS2 coming out... I'm going to need a sedative!

3. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
  4. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Yeah but I thought people saw Vader on the Anakin and Padme pakages.

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Good spot Padawan.

Ya I can't wait for that Unleashed Slave Lea...I wounder if it will come with the detaled...ummm..."features" like the kind that Unleased Padme comes with.

6. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    There will be 2 Vader unleased figures.

[image=http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/product_images/84897_b.jpg]

[image=http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews/imgs/UL1_lg.jpg]

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    It's great that more characters are coming out. Aalya and Barriss will be cool (although I hate these action poses w/ flowing robes and such) Younglings are nice to build a Jedi Temple display.

And order your Slave Leia now, because they'll be harder to find then the TIE Fighter in the Coruscant chase. You'd think a SW-fan has never seen a girl before. Guys get a hold of yourselves...um wait, on second thought...don't ;)

8. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    hey Grn...

That really looks like two displaystands and one fig with a removable helmet... are we sure it's two figs?

-b-

9. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    That was my thought also. The figure looks exactly the same. So there are two stands and one Vader, or one of the pics was the prototype.

10. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I thought that the two vaders are the same...just one with the helmet on one off.

11. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
  12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    That's pretty funny considering that no Jedi, including Coleman Trebor and Plo Koon, ever used orange sabers... and that Mace's TPM saber had a blue blade.

13. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Yes, they are 2 different figures.

Check the capes. The body position is also slightly different. One hand looks open and the other looks closed (but that could be because of the position the camera is in). Plus, I don't think the helmet comes off the on figure from Bespin.

They do look a lot a like, though. :) And it's not like Lucas has never re-released figures with only slight modifications (Padme mole, anyone?).

14. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Actually Kyle Katarn uses a Orange blade in the second video game.

I want the orange and windo's.

15. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I have to have that Slave Leia Unleashed figure. [face_love]

16. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I don't care about the purple one as much as the ORANGE!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!

======================|||||0|||||======================

EDIT: And I just picked up the Anakin 10" vinyl figure at Suncoast...they had one other Anakin and a few other vinyl figures.

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    It seems like the Lucasfilm (as well as Hasbro) people are responding to fan's desire for more lightsaber variety (orange has yet to be seen in the movies)

Plo Koon (in "Jedi Power Battles" had a yellow blade) maybe orange was an attempt to bridge the gap between post-TPM and AOTC lightsaber theories.

18. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I just got back from Target in Parma and I bought the orange lightsaber!!!! It is sweet. They also have to purple and green but last time I looked there was only the purple left.

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    My padawan has a small arsenal of lightsabers at her disposal...a visit to her room looks like that scene (Jen vs Shu) in "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" ;)

I know the "Unleashed" figures are supposed to capture the emotion of the character (through the sculpting and overall look)...that's why I don't like the new Vader.

Why does everything involving Darth Vader have to show his face? Part of what made Darth Vader such an icon was the mask. It's at the end, later when the older Anakin turns back to the light side of the Force that you realize there is good in him.

20. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Today they now are showing Yoda's lightsaber!!!

"I have got to get me one of these!"

Yoda Rules!

And the Padme outfit has been changed to the WEDDING DRESS! They haven't even made a normal Anakin YET!

21. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    It's too big! it needs to be proportionate.

22. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    Nice! I'm going to hold out for Mace's AOTC saber.

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    For a kid, it wouldn't be that big a deal (and alot of fun)...but I think alot of adults are going to get an ego-trip weilding a Yoda lightsaber. It's like going onto a basketball court, wearing a Michael Jordan BULLS #23 jersey...you better be darn good walking around with that!

It' great that they're coming out with more Padme figures...but why can't they do both the wedding and Tatooine outfits? Personally I'm waiting for a normal (no spring-loaded Force action) Padme battle figure(non mid-drif)...that one of her running looks silly!

That goes for all these "action pose" figures? Heaven forbid we have an Anakin that fits into "Anakin's speeder" ;)

24. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    /melikes the Padme Unleashed... I think I'm gonna have to buy one...

Wowsers!

25. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    That has been out for some time...I have had one of those since at least August.(Her chain DOESN'T hold up like that) I also bought the Anakin Unleashed.

I kind of like YOda's lightsaber...I only wish it was to scale...if a normal one was 3 feet long Yoda's should be like one foot...Now that would be funny! :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.