2003 new figures

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Padawan92, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't like th ani Unleashed, but due to the extreme adult nature of the Padme Unleashed toy, I want it.
  2. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I'm glad they are coming out with more jedi; including the younglings! Coleman Trebor, and the remaining members of the jedi council will be nice to have (hope they make a orange lightsaber for him)

Besides, gotta have more guys to go against all the battle droids I bought on sale (building an army is a difficult thing)
  3. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Unless they come out with like a ten pack of Clones or something a army will be hard...but at least now we can recreate the youngling training scene!!
  4. jangoboy71 Jedi Master

star 4
    they should make a senate one where you can put the floating things in their slots or bring them out as if they're addressing the senate

--or is there already such a thing
  5. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    That would be cool, there are not many vehicles and playsets for AOTC. Do you think that's because they believe that more "collectors" are buying this stuff...then kids who would actually play with these toys?

AOTC vechiles:
    jedi starfighter
    Slave I
    Anakin speeder
    Zam speeder
    Republic Gunship

AT-TE (Action Fleet)
    Solar Sailer
    Naboo fighter (with explosion damage, but a copy of the TPM AF)

Arena Battle Playset

I'm really disappointed in the lack of Action Fleet for AOTC. I know it's made Brian's life (and wallet) more managable, but there are so many great ships from the movie...that fans could play "Clone War" for days with.
  6. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    I would rather Hasbro cater to the collectors more than manufacture those piece of garbage "playsets" that take so much space on store shelves...I for one am a major collector and to even think of playing with such valuble items is just horrifying. I see all this stupid stuff on shelves such as a geonosian arena playset, or stupid cantina characters that you can put together...why not replace that with more 12'' collectible figures and things like that? I just can't see these types of items being played with. Years from now, when this stuff has incredible value, and you all have your stuff unpackaged, broken, or whatnot...you'll wish you had never played with them.
  7. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I really think the toys should be that TOYS...like in Toy Story "you are a toy, you are a childs play thing!"

Toys should be for CHILDREN not so much for adults. When I was at Target and bought my lightsaber there was this little boy who came up and his father. The boy was maybe 6 or 7 years old and his father was getting him a Star Wars toy. The father would show the son and the son wouldn't want it...until he saw a Mace Windu action figure and he started jumping up and down! It was sooooooo cute!

That is how it should be.
  8. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm a firm believer in becoming more mature as you grow older, but NEVER taking yourself TOO seriously. I think toys should be for everyone. We all have stress in our lives, and if somebody wants to alleviate their stress by exercising their imagination with some toys... more power to them. I think the toy companies know this... the Unleashed series (in my opinion) seems to be more marketed towards adults due to the style in which the characters are depicted. And we all know how much fun it is to wield a lightsaber, no matter how old you are. So I don't see what the point in placing restrictions on who can have access to toys is.

Although that is a cool story Emily... I love going to the SW section of the toy store and interacting with other people browsing, especially when they are little kids. Last time I was at Wal-mart, there were 2 little kids who had some sort of Yoda that talked (although I'm pretty sure it was NOT interactive Yoda) and he would do his "Hmm hmm hmm" laugh and the kids were just going crazy laughing. I love moments like those, that's what I think the camraderie of Star Wars should be about. :)
  9. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    While everyone has a right to enjoy SW in their own way; I do think the focus of toys (for right or wrong) has shifted from enjoyment...and more on "value"

Some people enjoy collecting toys (packaged)...while other just like to open their toys and enjoy (play/display) them. It's a good thing that more kids are playing with SW toys, that means another generation of fans...the way many of US grew up on SW.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.