main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA 2003 Oscars

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Rogue_Granger, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Did anyone see the Oscars? What are your thoughts?

As for me, I think it was the best show in awhile! With the exception of Em (U2 should've won) winning best song, I think everyone who should've won, did!

2. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Go over to the San Diego boards, they have good discussion going about this topic!

3. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    Yeah I saw it finlly Nicole won a fricking Oscar!!!! wwwhhhoooooooowwwww!!! I have been wating for that to happen for years!!!

4. Noelle_Kittie

Noelle_Kittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2003
    Yeah, the Oscars were good. I was happy Chicago won all those awards and I'm glad for Ms. Kidman. The Hours was a great movie. Plus, both her, Renee and Cathrine looked out of this world!

5. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    Yeah Renee and Cathrine defently looked out of this world!!! Renee looked as ugly I mean she is white as hell and wers a white dress,she was so brite I had to ujust my tv so my eyes would stop bleeding, Cathrine look like she was pregneded by alins I mean whats Dogles packing to give her triplits??

6. Noelle_Kittie

Mar 19, 2003
    Well, Renee isn't the most beautiful, but I'm a sucker for the pale skin and RED dress-Wow.

7. falcon_flyboy

falcon_flyboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2003
    I think my favorite moment was hally barry's surprise kiss.

8. Noelle_Kittie

Mar 19, 2003
    Yeah, that was cool. She deserved it!

9. Eadaion

Eadaion Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2003
    I didn't actually watch the Oscars (no cable), but I for one am very glad that Adrian Brody won Best Actor. "The Pianist" was abso-bloody-luty amazing, and he did an amazing portrayal of Wladislaw Szpilman. There's my two cents...

10. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    I think the best dressed was Salma Hayeck(spelling?) by far. That dress was gorgeous! I loved Nicole's dress, but I don't think black is her best color. I also loved Kate Hudson's dress....it looks like what I've always pictured my wedding dress will be like :)

11. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    BS....chicago sucked A$$. I can't believe it. :mad:

12. Noelle_Kittie

Mar 19, 2003
    What didn't you like about it?

13. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    Chicago was great! The Cinematography was increadible! and the costumes were really good too....I think it totally deserved best picture!

14. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    no where near as good as Moulin Rouge yet it won best picture. I just dont' believe that it was the best picture. I haven't met one guy who liked it, and most of the gals who did are....well...you guys.

15. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    I agree that Moulin should have won more.... I think Nicole Kidman won this year as a consolation prize, to make up for last year, and her getting snubbed for Moulin. Even though Chicago and Moulin Rouge are both musicals, they are both very, very different. I can appreciate both.

16. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    I didn't see the movie. :D

17. Noelle_Kittie

Mar 19, 2003
    I agree w/ Court.

18. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    grrr......

19. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Best Picture should have gone to We Were Soldiers...which wasn't even nominated for 1 Oscar. [face_plain] :mad:

20. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    I wasn't all that impressed w/ We Were Soldiers....but then again, I'm not normally a fan of war movies...

21. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    But you liked Chicago... :confused:

Okkkkkkk.... [face_plain]

22. Eadaion

Eadaion Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2003
    I think Best Picture should have gone to The Pianist or We Were Soldiers... but... ish.

23. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    I haven't seen The Pianist yet. But I've heard many good things about it. I've also heard that Adrian Brody was excellent in it. Well, of course he should be...he got Best Actor for the role. ;) But I hope isn't not as bad as his acceptance speech. [face_laugh]

24. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    His acceptance speech was the best of the night! and I loved Chicago (what does that have to do w/ a war movie?)

25. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    You're right. :) Chicago has nothing to do with a war movie. It's way below. ;)

Adrian Brody's acceptance speech, something on the lines of, "Making this movie help me get a better knowledge of how terrible war is..." I may have blown it, so please forgive me [face_blush]. But if you find it and post it, I would be happy to tell you what all is messed up with it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.