2003 Oscars

Discussion in 'Inland Empire CA' started by Rogue_Granger, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Granger Jedi Master

star 4
    I think he said that making the movie has made him realize how horribly war affects people.(For everyone that doesn't know, he plays a Polish composer during the holocaust.) He didn't condemn the war, he just wished for a quick and peaceful end. Considering what the movies subject was, I think he had a right to say what he did.

Now Michael Moore on the other hand..... :mad:
  2. Sith_241 Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, he had a right to say it...thats what were fighting for arent we?
  3. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    him realize how horribly war affects people

The movie is about the HOLOCAUST...not war. If is wasn't for the war, every Jew in the Warsaw ghetto would have been exterminated. It would have been better for him to have said something on the lines of how horrible and evil men can be to each other.

Now Michael Moore on the other hand....

Good...we can agree on that. ;)
  4. Rogue_Granger Jedi Master

star 4
    the holocaust is basically, a war!
  5. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, he had a right to say it...thats what were fighting for arent we?

Um...no. [face_plain] He was up there to give an acceptance speech. Not to use it as an opportunity to bash the President. And for that, I will not be supporting ANY of his films. :D I wonder what people would say if President Bush went on TV and told the people who lousy his films are and that he's a fanatical left-wing moron. :)
  6. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    the holocaust is basically, a war!

No it's not. The holocaust was about exterminating/killing/murdering the Jews and others that were "in the way" of the Nazi party. It is hardly a war. The opposers of the Nazi's hardly had a way of defending themselves. :)
  7. Rogue_Granger Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Sith was agreeing w/ me, on the whole Adrian Brody thingie
  8. Sith_241 Jedi Master

star 4
    No i just meant Free speech, not president bashing...And yeah, you cant really call the holocaust a war...it just Genocide.
  9. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    No i just meant Free speech, not president bashing...

Dude, I totally agree with you on the free speech deal. :) That's is one of the great things that we have in this GREAT country. The freedom to say what we want, dissagree/agree with the president, and speak out against it. But for Moore to use the Oscars as an opportunity to speak out against him is totally classless! [face_plain] He has the right to say something against him, but please, not on a night that is used to celebrate the movies. That's just pathetic. Probably because it was the only time that anyone "had" to listen to him 8-}

EDIT: spelling
  10. Sith_241 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, i guess using the Oscars is messed up, Especially since its not his show...Dont agree with that, just the free speech, but yeah...he shoulda done that somewhere else.
  11. Rogue_Granger Jedi Master

star 4
    I do agree with you guys there....there is a time and a place for everything.
    Guys, go over to the War topic, if this conversation gets anymore in depth :D
  12. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok! whats the topic? One minet we were talking about Chichgo sucking and the next the Holocost, I mean they were both great tragaty but come on. ;)
  13. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    I mean they were both great tragaty but come on.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] My thoughts exactly. ;)
  14. Rogue_Granger Jedi Master

star 4
    The only tragedy I see here is you! ;)
  15. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    OOOooooowwww good come back. [face_mischief] [face_laugh]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.