main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX 2003 STAR WARS LEGO COMING SOON

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DECO_DROID, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    hey, anyone interested in sw lego should check out fbtb.net if you haven't lately. they've got pretty good pics of the new 2003 sets coming out soon (late nov./early dec. probably). one is the AT-TE walker from aotc! also, jabba's palace set looks good! just thought i'd mention it since i haven't seen it on the main tfn page. any other lego maniacs out there??? later!

2. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I am really looking forward to the Imperial Star Destroyer that is coming out in December. 3000+ pieces :)

3. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    heck yeah, i want SD so bad, on the other things look really good, a TIE bomber, and even Luke's Skipship.

Yoda

4. IB420

IB420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    I'm totally excited about the new sets coming out, though I still need to get a Gunship! (and another room for all my little bricks)

Is there a TIE bomber coming out? Man, I am so onto that... I am a member of 501st as a TIE pilot, and the bomber has always been my favorite!

Thanks for the heads-up, Deco-droid!

5. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    yeah, the tie bomber looks like a cool addition to the sw lego line. it actually shoots a projectile to sort of re-enact the scenes in tesb. have you ordered the ultimate collector n-1 fighter? those chrome pieces are snazzy!

6. Darth_Bolo_O_I

Darth_Bolo_O_I Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    I am obssessed with SW Legos, but have never had the money for anything larger than the $30 sets... however I do have almost all of those from the special edition. I have been unable to keep up with it lately, and I have very little ep II. I intend to remedy that eventually, but I am awaiting money (as usual).

I am loving the new chrome peices as well, and cannot wait for the time when i have the cash and a store has the merchandise...

Later!

7. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    for any sw legophiles, wal-mart is now stocking the slave 1 with a bonus sw lego carrying case. so if you don't already have one - or just want a cool case - this may be for you!

8. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    it's that time again!!! the new sets are being spotted at several wal-marts around town. i have found all except the at-te walker. since i'm totally out of shelf space, i am going to hang some of the ships from the ceiling with invisible string!!! that should get me enough space until this summer when the at-at, along with five other sets, is released!!!

has anyone seen the mini sets? i haven't officially boycotted them...yet, but i think they're just a waste of lego's time. they could be releasing a naboo royal fighter or death star playset instead of these miniature versions of sets already released...but i will reserve final judgment until i see them in the stores...

9. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Man...I was so excited when I got me new Star Destroyer the other day. I'm putting it together and am missing a few parts! Major suckage...now I have to wait for them from lego!

Doug

10. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    don't you know you are not suppose to open the box!

11. Slowmo

May 13, 2002
    Sorry...why buy the toy if you're not gonna play with it! It's driving me crazy though.

Is anyone else putting theirs together? Are you having any problems with it? Either I've done something wrong or their instructions aren't that good. HELP!

12. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    man I have unopenned packages everywhere :)

13. Slowmo

May 13, 2002
    whoo hoo...I finally got it all together right. Now I only have one more problem with it. It's so damn big I don't have a place to put it! It won't fit where I thought it would and I can't leave it on my coffee table forever!

14. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    what's worse than that is having one that your wife won't give you until valentine's day! once i get it, i'll find somewhere to put it.

my problem is running out of closet space to store all the boxes!!!

15. Slowmo

May 13, 2002
    heh, well have fun putting it together when you're allowed to play with it Deco. It took me 8 days of working on it 4-5 hours a day to complete it! Sure was fun though

16. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    wow! is it just solid pieces all the way through or are there any hollow areas? how heavy would you say it is? i can't wait to build it, but i realize it will take a chunk of time!

17. Slowmo

May 13, 2002
    It's hollow through the middle. It still weighs close to 20 lbs though. I believe the shipping invoice said 18.5lbs.

It takes so long because there are so many tiny little pieces that you have to find and count out the right number of.

The other thing that takes forever is counting the studs on the pieces both in the book then on the lego's themselves. The book never tells you if a piece is supposed to have 12 studs, 14 studs, or 16 studs...you have to sit there and count it!

Doug

18. Bladecarver

Bladecarver Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    I am a SW LEGO nut. My wife thinks I'm crazy. I have every set up to 2003 except Gunship and Bounty Hunter chase. I do have all three Jabba sets and ISD, plus Mini tie. Personally I like the mini sets, because you can use the directions to make fleets of ships. By the way, I got ISD on Dec 16 at work. Used before, lunch and after work to finish in 10.5 hours. Mine is currently on display at work where my fellow employees admire it and Yoda. I also got 5 mini ties around the office.

19. Slowmo

May 13, 2002
    10.5 hours. Wow I'm impressed. I don't think I would have had the concentration to work on it that long in one sitting. Plus my fingers got tired after working on the smal detailed pieces for long periods of time.

Doug

20. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    wal-mart is so funny... i went to one last week and found a republic gunship on clearance for $60! cool, huh? the problem was that when i went up to pay, it rang up at $70, so i asked them what was the deal? the checker had a manager check on it, and when she came back, it had risen to $75!!! she said that was the correct price, so i said forget it. i just wanted it as a second gunship for my collection, and it just wasn't that great a deal at $75. well, today i went back by just to see what was on special, and lo and behold, the republic gunship i had turned down for $75 was "amazingly" marked down to $50!!! i couldn't believe those nuts! so i get the ship i wanted, plus an extra 10 dollars to boot! now that's a rollback!

21. Bladecarver

Nov 26, 2002
    which walmart

22. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    looking for a cheap gunship, are we?

23. Bladecarver

Nov 26, 2002
    Why, why do you ask?

Yes I am.

24. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    the incident i mentioned happened at the i-45/west rd. location, but all the stores i go to on the north side are discounting legos. happy hunting!

25. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    hey bladecarver (and other legophiles), now i've found a wal-mart that has at least 4 gunships on the shelf for $40!!! (picked up two more) i don't understand why they're marking this set down, and the jango fett slave 1 is still about $50! what's that all about, wal-mart???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.