2003 STAR WARS LEGO COMING SOON

Discussion in 'Houston, TX' started by DECO_DROID, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bladecarver Jedi Knight

star 1
    which walmart, seriously. or if you could buy it for me i'll meet you somewhere and pay you back
  2. DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling

star 1
    go to the wal-mart on 290, close to hollister. i went looking in the clearance section and found a gunship in a beat up, but sealed box for $40. then i went to the regular lego area and found about 5 more in perfect boxes. they were not marked down, but i test scanned them and they rang up for the same $40 price!!! i don't know if that was another wal-mart mistake, but there may still be a few left! let me know how it goes!
  3. DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling

star 1
    anyone pick up one of these marked down gunships???
  4. Bladecarver Jedi Knight

star 1
    No, I am not able to go too many places. I go from work to home and back. Don't get to get out much. But I do see you have been posting on FBTB. I'm Blade1974 over there.
  5. DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling

star 1
    okay, this is a separate topic related to sw lego...

i need all the star wars lego fans out there to give me some feedback.

i am just wondering what you would think about lego making the royal naboo "chrome" ships from episode 1 and 2. people on "another website" are telling me these ships aren't that great or it would be too expensive for lego to make ships with so many chrome bricks.

i think people who collect lego would love to have an all chrome ship, and would pay a premium price to get it. the $300 isd is one of lego's best sellers, so i don't think a high price would keep it from selling out. another plus would be the inclusion of queen amidala, panaka, ric olie and other characters that have yet to be made as a minifig.

lego only has till 2007 to create sw sets, so if they're going to make it, they need to get rolling on the design.

who's with me? and btw, if you don't agree, that's fine as well...
  6. Bladecarver Jedi Knight

star 1
    DECO, I agree that they should bring it out. I don't know how much it would cost, but I'm guessing somewhere around the same price as MF. I would probably buy it just because I am a completist and would have to have the minifigs too. I don't know how much it costs to chrome legos.
  7. Darth_Bolo_O_I Jedi Master

star 1
    Lego really should go ahead and come out with the full chrome ships, the chrome peices do not apparently cost all that much more to make, considering that it seems to be the same way they made the gold bricks and coins for the far far older Lego sets.

This is just my opinion, however...

Later!
  8. DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i've seen a lot of good discounts on sw figs and sw lego at area k-marts, as i'm sure most of you have noticed as well. the problem is that mopst of the "good stuff" usually goes the first couple of days, soooo...

does anyone know of a k-mart near them that has just recently started clearancing their store, or soon will be? it seems like they're staggering the closing of their stores around town...

in particular, i'm looking to buy a jango fett slave 1 lego set for any decent discounted price...
  9. DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling

star 1
    hey, it's time for lego news again!!!

haven't been here in awhile -- what happened to the banner?

...anyway, i've seen the lego at-at at a target or two. very nice set! and if you haven't heard, there is a new version of the x-wing available from lego online, as well as a cloud city set!!! included in this set is the first ever lando! these sets may not be available in too many stores as they are labelled "hard to find" by lego.

can't wait for the christmas markdowns!!! i still have some sets from last year to pick up, since i've vowed never to pay full price for legos again! the last set i got was the at-te off ebay for 50% off!

anyone else buying sw legos lately???
  10. DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling

star 1
    don't let star wars lego die!

any sw lego fans out there???
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.