2004 Boston Rebel CR Election Thread

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Ryno, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 3
    Basically, I'd like to try planning fresh meets and visit some new places which would probably be planned in advance to begin with.
    For fallback and fill in meets theres always the great staples of meets like goodtimes, movies at the common, and jillians and all that great stuff. Other than that I think an Event Coordinator is imperative to organize the ideas and start the threads promptly.
    More non-official meets and optional gatherings may also appeal to those who may not be able to make the meet. Maybe even a constant thread of meet ideas or suggestions for future reference, not just the upcoming meet would help for brainstorming ideas to fall back on.
  2. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Fallback meets should be cheap. Good Times isn't exactly cheap if you want to play a lot of games (and really, why else would you go?). That's why I suggested the Borders idea - at most, you'd be paying for something from their cafe and/or a meal if we decide to go out to eat.

And we did have a meet suggestion thread, but it died a long time ago because people just stopped posting in it. If we start another one we'd have to make sure that it didn't die again. :)
  3. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a question. Given the recent conflict involving the demotion of several Mods there has been a growing sentiment that FanForce Chapters may be better off severing their direct ties to theforce.net. Where do you stand on the idea of breaking the Rebels into an independent fan group.
  4. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I would never want to completely sever ties with the Jedi Council forums unless FanForce as a whole ceased to exist on the boards. As long as the forums are here, we might as well take advantage of them. FanForce draws its members from the large fanbase of the JC. Without the JC to attract new members to our group, I think we'd be stifled. However, if FanForce as a whole moved to its own boards (as has been brought up more than once, even before this fiasco), it would probably gain enough popularity on its own to survive just fine.

Perhaps we'll find at some point that we prefer to have our own message boards instead of these. Many groups do, but they still have a small presence on these boards. I don't think that's a direction we need to go in right now, but perhaps that'll change one day. As of now, I see no need to go anyway, but I do see a need to keep a mind open to change. While the recent fiasco with Mr. Wise and the mods is calming down and improving, it was wake-up call to everyone who uses these boards not to take them for granted.
  5. Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 3
    I wouldn't want to cut ties with the Force.net unless we had no other choice. It would probably be tough to keep the group and the system intact if that was to happen so I really hope it doesn't have to. We tried to create a seperate message board for the rebels as a side project and it didn't go over too well, many new members find their way here from moving on from the movie discussions to the fan force, then begin coming to meets, so I would try everything possible not to detach from the current setup.

Goodtimes was just an example of a place we have used in the past as a fallback idea. But now with the warm weather coming theres plenty of oppurtunites for new,fun and cheap/free meets. Picnics, cookouts, trips to the common and all kinds of outdoor activites are great in Boston and won't be hard to organize, pending weather conditions. The old meets of just meeting in Boston and walking the city, going to different places people want to go to and getting a cold drink somewhere are always great in the summer.
  6. Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think another great, free meet idea that we should pursue again was the library meet where we would be able to play games of all kind, maybe we could even get a poker game started up...

7. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    That's kind of what I was thinking for the Borders meet. I'm not sure the library would work so well for that. Did anyone ever look into that? That was so long ago...
  8. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    No, they didn't allow us to go to the library. Borders doesn't care, though.
  9. Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, Borders doesn't have any problems at all with loitering as long as its peaceful. Theres the comfy chairs and stuff, but I don't know about tables other than the cafe...
  10. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    input is always welcome for meet ideas.No matter how much in advance they are. I don't recall any suggestions from you? Did I miss them?

No, you didn't - I didn't have any. [face_blush]

Borders sound like a good idea.
  11. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is the information for the election for CR...

The election will start on Monday March 8th at 12:00 A.M. and will be closed at 12:00 A.M. on Wednesday March 11th. That will give people two full days to vote. The votes will be submitted by E-mail to a person that has been approved by both candidates. The list of voters are made up of members that have posted with regularity and have attended a Meet since the last election. I will be send the E-mail address to the voters by Private Message to make sure that there aren't any votes coming in from ineligible voters.

List of Eligible Voters
    Jedi_Knight150 Leah
    Darth Dowe Tony
    DarthLucanas Chris W.
    DarthMoby Ed
    Dex1138 Ed
    Mandalorian_Warrior Joe
    Ryno Scott
    Sebulba2179 Chris
    starwarschick14 Roseanna
    TIEace Will
    TK7771 Roy
    Jedi_Hood Rob

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

12. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I have voted ..just making sure it was received. :)
  13. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Good idea! Posting here is a good way to make sure your vote was received. I voted this morning as well. :)
  14. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    By going into the Administrator email account, I can see how many messages are received (but not actually read any mail) on each account. I see 2 received emails, so you're all set.

Remember, the deadline is Wednesday, so get in your votes!
  15. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    My vote is in as well.
  17. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I voted. Good luck, candidates.
  18. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    My votes in. Good luck guys.
  19. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like 6 down... and 6 to go
    You can cut the tension with a knife. :p

What if it ends up in a tie? ?[face_plain]
  20. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    In case of a tie I will declare myself CR for life and rule with an iron fist......hey it works for some people. :p
  21. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Scott
    Looks like you pulled the old
    " Emporer has dissovled the imperial senate council permanently and the remnants of the old republic have been swept away" :p

22. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    No, I will become a dictator only if there is a tie. It's just my way of trying to avoid a deadlock.
  23. Sebulba2179 Force Ghost

star 4
    Vote's away! Duke it on out! :D
  24. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Vetoed! Err..voted :)
    If there is a recall election down the line, I would like to nominated the cryogenically frozen head of Ted Williams (no offense to you Sox fans! If the Terminator and Jesse Ventura can be govenors...)
  25. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    My email keeps failing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.