main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2004 Dragon*Con FanForce Dinner Info!

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hi everybody! :D

Dragon*Con is fast approaching. And as we have done for the past two years, the Hothlanta Rebels, the FanForce chapter of Atlanta, will be hosting a FanForce dinner for those members of FanForce chapters from around the country (or the world, as the case may be) who will be attending the con.

Will we be holding the FanForce dinner on Saturday, September 4th, at 5:30 PM. The location will be the restaurant on the bottom floor of the downtown Hilton Hotel called Trader Vic's. The Hilton is across the street from the Marriott, so it is easy to find.

Since we may have a large crowd, we probably need to use the "outdoor" entrance for Trader Vic's. (In other words, we'll enter the restaurant from street level instead of going inside the Hilton to take the elevator down to the restaurant

When exiting the Marriott (heading towards the Hilton), immediately go right down the sidewalk and then turn left down Harris Street (Be sure to use the crosswalk). This will bring you to the bottom side entrance of Trader Vic's. This way, we totally avoid elevator wait and crowd clog up.

For those who want to walk over to Trader Vics as a group, meet me at the FF table at 5:10 PM. If we have a large group meeting at the table, we may have to move our meeting spot to the floor above the one at which the fan tables are located in the Marriott (you'll go up one floor via the escalator. There is a small restaurant on one side of the elevators and an area with couches and chairs on the other). We can meet in the area with the couches and chairs and then walk over to Trader Vics.

There is no cost for admission to the dinner. All you pay for is your meal.

For more information on Trader Vics, including exact address, head on over to their website.

We had close to 80 attendees last year and we had a wonderful time!

If you wish to attend, please RSVP to FF_Dinner@fanforce.net by August 21st.

If anyone has any questions about the dinner, you can contact me at the above e-mail address or you can send me a private message.

I hope to see many of you there! :)

EDIT: I'm still working on a few details, so please keep and eye on this thread for any changes and or additions to this information. :)

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    yes!! I am coming and bringing at least one maybe more.
    Marie

3. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    I'm rsvp'ing for Zach and I.
    Sharon

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll be there!

5. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    I think That I'll be there. is this limited to CR's, or is everyone that is a fanforce member ok to join?

6. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I will be there, as well as at least one other from the Tampa Bay area.

-Jace

7. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I will be in attendence with Marie (pres and CR of NJ)

Sounds like fun!!

Gary

8. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Mr. & Mrs. Darkrider plan to be there as well. Please put us down for dos. Mmmmm...Trader Vic Mai Tais.

9. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Denise Lewis, Ross Perry, Lydia Alleyn. Add us to your list. From Tampa Bay Fan Force. The Tampa Docking Bay 1138.

10. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I'll be there, from the Minnesota FanForce. I enjoyed the FF party at C2 and I'm sure this will be a blast as well. :cool:

11. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Put me down as a possible. Waiting to see the full schedule before I can decide half of the invites and dinners etc happening during the con.

12. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    To the earlier question about who can attend...

All members of FanForce are invited, not just CRs. :)

And be sure to RSVP to FF_Dinner@fanforce.net, if you have not already done so. I'm trying to get everyone's names compiled in one place. :)

13. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    so far, just the President (DarthGyos) and I will be attending DragonCon from our FF. We're still waiting to see if our Costuming & Prop king will be in attendance with us.

14. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    That's fine. :)

If any of you need to add anyone to your party, just send me another e-mail and I'll be sure to get them on the list.

It's just a little less than 4 weeks until Dragon*Con, folks! *squeal*

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :p

15. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    FYI:

I forgot to mention this in my first post. For those of you who have never attended a Dragon*Con FanForce dinner, I wanted to point out that some of Trader Vic's menu items are somewhat pricey, but there are items on the menu that are not expensive, but are really good. Some folks who attend just have an appetizer and a drink, which isn't expensive at all. Other folks who attend go crazy, making a huge meal of it (and these people often say that the FanForce dinner is their one "nice" meal during Dragon*Con.). The food is quite good and the atmosphere is really neat.

I just wanted to let you folks know. But do remember that everyone is welcome to attend, even folks like me who only order an appetizer and a drink. :)

16. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah I was one of the one's who just got an appetizer! :p

I will be coming again! :D

God bless!

-Malz

17. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    I'm going to try and make it, but the Star Wars Costume Contest will just be ending.

Cathy Bowden

18. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I do hope you can make it Cathy. :)

You're more than welcome to show up late, if it comes to that.

19. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey again, all! :)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have finalized our reservation with Trader Vic's. It looks as if we're going to have around 55 people in attedance. That's going to be a great turnout. :D

20. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Cool! Can't wait to see everybody there!

21. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    The costume contest is slated to start at 4PM with a 2 1/2 hour window (ending 6:30). Is the dinner going to be switched to 6:30 instead? :confused:

Paula mentioned that the group would be waiting for the costume contest to end before going over and that the group would be at Trader Vic's until about 7PM.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

22. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Well, last year the contest finally ended around 5:45, so Paula probably thought that is when it was going to end again.

At this point, it is probably too late to change our reservation time, and everyone already knows the current time, so it is probably best to keep it as is.

I had heard that MOTF might overestimate the time needed for the costume contest this year so they would have plenty of time to conclude without running into any others' time slots.

23. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    So does the group wait or do we just go over to Trader Vic's? You didn't answer the question other than the time would still be 5PM to meet up. It's a little vague to me still. Thanks! :)

24. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    As of right now, the idea is to meet at the FF table around 5:10 p.m. and then walk over as a group to Trader Vic's, as I mentioned in the first post of this thread. Any stragglers can catch up to us at the restaurant.

However, I'm going to check to see if Trader Vic's will allow us to move our reservation to 6:00 p.m. in order to try to cut down on folks having to "straggle" in.

But, right now, I'm sticking with the above game plan until I'm able to speak with my contact at Trader Vic's.

I'll be sure to post an update here and send an e-mail out to everyone who RSVPed to inform you all of any changes. :)

25. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Thanks Mandy! Paula had posted that we would wait for the costume contest folks elsewhere on another thread and I wasn't sure if I should make other plans for dinner or not. But I am glad to hear it's still a go and such. Keep us posted. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.